Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sup Official Forumwarz Orange(TM) Discussion

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

Damn that’s expensive. Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

megazeroexe Posted:

sup sellout-bum fine upstanding member of society Log in to see images!

ignoring that filter, what do you really think about this feedback, and did you expect it? Log in to see images!

We need to discuss internally before we respond officially.

TJF588

[URTJF2]

Level 63 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Evil Trout Posted:

We need to discuss internally before we respond officially.

For your discussion: 345 or 300, to allow for Friends of Forumwarz I ‘Peen without excess? [I truly do not intend to be making an bum, here; I’m just highly focused on whatever I mind.]

Why can I not read your posts without envisioning a lackadaisical Kermit?!

TJF588 edited this message on 02/18/2010 11:59AM

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

MC Banhammer Posted:

4) Along those lines, really we’re at endgame. And there’s not much to do at endgame that justifies the use of the current Orange features. The only way this is going to be considered worth it, imo, is if you get MissionBuildr out, and let those who purchase Orange create and distribute their own missions.

You mean something like this which was an awesome idea that would take too much work to be implemented at this point probably?

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dunatis Posted:

You mean something like this which was an awesome idea that would take too much work to be implemented at this point probably?

Thanks to that topic I’m now sitting on a pile of bricks. Log in to see images!

Johnald The -
Robot

Avatar: 211354 2011-08-21 16:08:15 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Permanoob

JUST ANOTHER BRAINFREEZE REJECT

why with 360Log in to see images!

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

An enhancement already Log in to see images!

The extended toolbar now has keyboard shortcuts Log in to see images!

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Well, I like Forumwarz and want to support the site, so I bought orange. Yeah, it was a lot more expensive than I expected it would be, but it really is optional. And I don’t think it’s fair to imply that now that ET has another source of income, that FWZ itself shouldn’t make money. The developers’ personal finances are really none of anyone else’s business. So yeah, I don’t really think it’s priced ideally, but you really can play the game without it if it doesn’t have enough value for you.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

I don’t think it’s fair to imply that now that ET has another source of income, that FWZ itself shouldn’t make money.

That’s not what I said. FW has EVERY right to make money.

I just commented that the TIMING of the request seemed awkward.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s not what I said. FW has EVERY right to make money.

I just commented that the TIMING of the request seemed awkward.

I know that’s not what you said directly, but it was implied. Otherwise, why even bring it up?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

I know that’s not what you said directly, but it was implied. Otherwise, why even bring it up?

I didn’t imply it at all. You inferred it incorrectly.

I brought it up because I was trying to figure out why the price was bothering so many people. And I concluded that the timing of the announcement was part of it.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

plk Posted:

Well, I like Forumwarz and want to support the site, so I bought orange. Yeah, it was a lot more expensive than I expected it would be, but it really is optional. And I don’t think it’s fair to imply that now that ET has another source of income, that FWZ itself shouldn’t make money. The developers’ personal finances are really none of anyone else’s business. So yeah, I don’t really think it’s priced ideally, but you really can play the game without it if it doesn’t have enough value for you.

One person buys it and rationalizes it as basically a donation. Sounds about right.

I’m thinking of buying it as an overpriced status symbol, so I can flaunt it around when I make a rap video.

Celerysteve edited this message on 02/18/2010 1:54PM

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

I didn’t imply it at all. You inferred it incorrectly.

I brought it up because I was trying to figure out why the price was bothering so many people. And I concluded that the timing of the announcement was part of it.

Huh, well okay, it just looked very much like your own reasoning here about what you had problems with, not an effort to figure out what was bothering people.

3) The timing could not be worse. ET JUST got a job, so FW isn’t his main source of income any more. Along with that, he’s indicated that updates are going be MUCH LESS FREQUENT going forward, and they weren’t exactly rolling out before. With all that he’s asking for more than twice as much money as 2+ YEARS of development work. It’s a good thing ET’s new job is in programming, not marketing.

But it doesn’t really matter, so I’ll take your word for it.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

MC Banhammer Posted:

Have you played through Ep3?

With the constantly-changing sensitivities, the tougher forums, and the high secondary stat cost of the highest-ended attacks, I don’t have a single non-cheating character who doesn’t have at least 4-5 slots taken up for each type of attack they have available. (Except the perman00b, as he has so little to work with.)

Hahaha @ supporting the site. The people who’ve supported the site the most are insulted by this.

MC Banhammer Posted:

2) The features aren’t worth that kind of money to a consumer.

4) Along those lines, really we’re at endgame.

^^^ these

cost vs. benefit = bad purchase

spf357

Avatar: 220601 2009-12-10 16:04:45 -0500

[Bronys]

Level 17 Hacker

Obvious piece of **** forum member is obvious...turd. I talk about male reproductive organs.

I bought a lifetime subscription, and i really have no problem with it. i mean, of course its just optional, so i dont get the point of beeing angry. when you like fwz, just put the BP for orange under random donation. actually, it IS pretty usefull anyway.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Well I’m glad you guys like making donations. I didn’t know it was a donation.

I was under the impression that we were to believe we were being offered something of corresponding monetary value in exchange for money. Of course most of us know better, but the intent was for us to believe that’s what we were getting. Log in to see images!

Shishu

Avatar: 108647 Mon Jan 19 17:41:07 -0500 2009

[Rowdyruff Boys]

Level 64 Troll

“Flame Retarded”

Celerysteve Posted:

Well I’m glad you guys like making donations. I didn’t know it was a donation.

I was under the impression that we were to believe we were being offered something of corresponding monetary value in exchange for money. Of course most of us know better, but the intent was for us to believe that’s what we were getting. Log in to see images!

I agree with this.

If you want to make a donation, you can make a donation, and not get anything in exchange for it. But if CZ really “appreciates” our donations, we should be getting more value for our “donations.”

It’s like the stuff you get from organizations for making contributions. Say you get a keychain for donating 5; that’s the equivalent of a few pranks, an avatar change, or an additional alt. Worthless, but kind of neat. Now for donating 36 dollars, you get a life time supply of keychains. That is even more worthless, because while you might use five or so of those keychains, the rest are just lying there. Sure, you could try and sell those unused keychains on eBay, but in the long run, the net gain is minimal. While the donation you made might make you feel good, you’re probably not going to be donating 36 dollars again anytime soon.

Now, I don’t want to claim I know a lot about economics, but I think the problem here is if CZ wants to be making money, they need to change the costs of things all together.

Disabling ads costs only 30bp; that’s $3. Not to mention, you can disable community ads as well, which just so happens to be another product that they’re trying to sell. They’re allowing users to buy out the best source of revenue for any f2p game, as well as reduce consumer incentive to buy community ads.

Furthermore, the actual gaming enhancements are cheaper than the interface enhancement. Ep3 actually does have a certain amount of replay value, but an alt that could take you quite a while to get to level 69 is cheaper than 3 months of Forumwarz Orange.

But those are just words. Let’s do a little math, shall we?

Suppose you have already bought all three episode, and played through them without paying much attention to anything that was going on. Instead of trying out forumbuildr or incit, you decide you want to carefully replay the whole game as quickly as possible, and with an ending with all three different alignments (I do know there are more than three endings, but those are three that the average gamer would bumume exist). To do this, you need at least three alts, each of which should have the extra forum visits and the insta-kill enhancements.

Create a New Character = 45 BP
Shoot Your Wad (69 visits) = 40 BP
GameDolphin (destroys any thread instantly) = 35 BP

Added up, that’s 120 BP per character, and for all three characters, that’s 360BP

Obviously, you’re not going to be able to beat the game in a day, simply because much of the game requires a rollover before you can continue with the plot. At most, this gives you a month of enjoyment.

tl;dr: An eternity of Forumwarz Orange is the same price as getting instant gratification from the game itself.

Shishu edited this message on 02/18/2010 7:08PM

Advocato

Avatar: 180561 2009-12-02 21:12:26 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

People are actually buying the lifetime use? I’m really quite surprised.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Okay, here’s seriously how I feel about this.

With Episode 3, I got

• a new storyline
  • 34 new forums
  • 47 new missions
  • 52 new NPC conversations
  • 453 new items (or a good chunk of them readily available to purchasers)
  • 317 new moar files (again)
  • 12 new stores
  • 29 new cinematics

...for $10.

With Forumwarz Orange, I get

• unlimited use of a limited feature that was, until the trial of Forumwarz Orange rolled out, unlimited
  • Expansion of the combat toolbar that people have been requesting for months
  • The ability to clear your combat toolbar
  • Semi-user friendly version of a Greasemonkey script (though I could and have edited the script to be exactly what I want)
  • Incorporation of a Greasemonkey script into the game
  • A kyoubai inbox I don’t give a **** about
  • The ability to choose my favourite emoticons on the reply page of Flamebate

...for $30.

I’m honestly disgusted that the administration believes the community consists of chumps willing to pay 360 Log in to see images! for that **** (with apologies to the chumps in the community that have already paid).

At $10, Orange would’ve been a pretty mbumive cashgrab, compared to what else is sold for $10. I think I could’ve lived with it at $10, but to have this come on the heels of that package deal for both Episodes 2 and 3 is disgusting. As it stands right now, for the cost of Forumwarz Orange, I can buy the Episode bundle, 4 new alts, and still have 30 Log in to see images! left over to change ET’s avatar and title to accurately reflect my opinion on this pricing bull****.

I just can’t honestly believe this ****. You know, the one thing I said last night while ****ing about this in IRC is “Man, it must really suck to have been an apprentice and realize your contributions are less valuable than a bumon to clear your combat toolbar.”

Ricket edited this message on 02/18/2010 7:52PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!