Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Writing Case Notes: Transcribed 12.04.09

Note to Lola: keep this file open and transcribe from Tape 1

FILE 0295A

It was a dark and rainy day again; the fifth in a row, not that the days before that were much better. It’s that time of year when Mother Nature just takes a dump on your shoes and then follows it up with a slap to the face. I made it in to the office by 10, still hung over. The world had my head in its vice grip and squeezed it like a two dollar melon in the half-price bin.

Doug was already in, making calls. But he’s always been like that: prompt, ambitious, and clean-cut. A real go-getter; a family man. It would be enough to annoy a lazy bum like me if it were someone else, but somehow with Doug, you don’t mind. He’s been working as an independent salesman for Health Corp as long as I’ve been in the Private Detective game. Guess it’s been about 15 years that we’ve shared an office. You could say we’re like an old married couple, but then you could say a lot of things. And maybe you could say that you never really know somebody until after they’re gone and you see what they’ve left behind. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Looks like I’m at the end of the tape here. Lola: buy some more tapes on your way in on Monday. Thanks, Phil.

Tape 2

Doug was verifying the amount on some order: “Two cases next week, yes sir, I’ll have it there. Yes, I guarantee it; I’ll bring it myself.” He hung up the old black rotary phone he still used and scribbled some notes, just to have the phone ring again. At least one of us was getting some calls. “Doug December, Health Corp Sales, how can I help you?”

I turned away and went to hang up my hat and coat. They were soaked through like somebody had turned the hose on me. I should really move away from this damn city and its rain that pours like it’s being paid by the hour. To top it off, it seemed the radiator on my side of the office was out. “Sorry, Phil, I tried to turn it on this morning, but it looks like she finally broke,” Doug called out, holding his hand over the phone’s mouthpiece. Before I could reply, Doug glanced at the soaked trenchcoat in my hands and gestured to the coat rack next to the steaming radiator on his side of the room as he went back to his call: “Now the new model is a real step up. It’s got titanium bearings. It’s lightweight and we guarantee the part for 20 years.”

I sighed and made my way over to the far wall on Doug’s side of the office, leaving large drops of water behind me. His boxes of medical equipment were stacked waist-high. Must be getting ready for a big delivery. I stepped over another box the size of a small terrier and started to hang up my coat when I saw something funny. Not “ha-ha” funny, but strange. Sticking up out of Doug’s perfectly dry coat pocket was a plane ticket. I could see the departure date, and it was for the next day. Hadn’t I heard him say he was making a delivery next week? Well, maybe it was another short business trip and he’d come back in time. It wasn’t my business.

Okay, I’m taking a smoke break. I’ll get back to this case later.

The Gentleman

Avatar: 206477 2009-09-16 15:48:39 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

You seem to be quite the detective, Detective. Would you be interested in a case I have?

The Gentleman Posted:

You seem to be quite the detective, Detective. Would you be interested in a case I have?

What’ve you got? I have a case going, but I can always use more work. If there’s a client that’s paying.

The Gentleman

Avatar: 206477 2009-09-16 15:48:39 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Detective Phil Marlot Posted:

What’ve you got? I have a case going, but I can always use more work. If there’s a client that’s paying.

Well Detective, what I ask of you may be slightly different from the usual cases that you have. The case in hand happens to be a murder.

In fact, it happens to be my murder.

I can bumure you that the cirgreat timesstances were grim and it may not be for the feint of heart. I would not be offended if you chose not to pursue the case.

If you do however deem it interesting enough to follow, I can provide you with all the information I can possible give. There will of course be a reward if you do happen to solve the case.

The Gentleman Posted:

Well Detective, what I ask of you may be slightly different from the usual cases that you have. The case in hand happens to be a murder.

In fact, it happens to be my murder.

I can bumure you that the cirgreat timesstances were grim and it may not be for the feint of heart. I would not be offended if you chose not to pursue the case.

If you do however deem it interesting enough to follow, I can provide you with all the information I can possible give. There will of course be a reward if you do happen to solve the case.

Sounds interesting. How ‘bout you come in to my office and give me the rundown?

Continued from Tape 2

“I’ve got them in stock now, but I don’t know how long that will last. All right; I’ll put you down for a dozen. You won’t regret it,” Doug said, as he clicked the black handset back into its cradle. “Well, that does it. I got Mercy Medical to switch,” Doug exhaled as he stretched back in his wooden banker’s chair, the springs creaking warningly after so many years of use. Then his eyes flicked down to the small box at my feet. “I’d uh, better make that delivery before it gets too late,” Doug said, striding over to the coat rack and picking the package up off the floor. He grabbed his coat and hat and headed to the lobby. “Might not make it back this afternoon,” he called out as the door swung shut. Through the glbum window in the door, I could see him hurriedly put on his coat and hat as he walked purposefully towards the glbum double doors to the street. Stopping a brief second to tuck the box under his overcoat before opening the door, he dashed into the pouring rain and disappeared.

That was the last time I saw Doug. At least the last time I saw the poor bastard alive. But I didn’t know it was going to be like that, so when I looked down at my feet and saw the airplane ticket that had fallen out of his pocket, I picked it up and tossed it on his desk. It fell lightly, face up. Two words, in black uppercase letters, stood out so that I could read even from where I stood a foot away: ROME, ITALY.

I’d better put some more coffee on. It’s going to be a long night.

Detective Phil Marlot edited this message on 12/21/2009 6:41PM

fine upstanding member of society-enjoy

Level 4 Emo Kid

“Emotionally Stable”

lol

Note to Lola: We’re out of coffee filters and toilet paper makes crap out of my Indonesian blend. Take a few bucks out of the petty cash and get yourself a couple of cigars while you’re at it. You’re a real sweetheart.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, I was about to pick up the ticket when the phone rang. Doug’s phone, not mine. I don’t know why I answered it. Maybe it was the funny ticket on the floor that sparked something in me and made me think something was wrong.

“Doug’s office” was what I started to say. I got as far as the “D..” before a voice on the other end interrupted me.

“Deec Ember,” said the guy, in a thick Italian accent. He sounded like one of the guys Antonio keeps around the back room of his grocery. The ones you don’t need to know what they’re saying to catch their meaning. “You owe me, Deec Ember. I wanna payment now or else I take a visit to that nice wife of yours. Maybe you let me spend an hour or two with her anyway. I’ll take off say, 20 percent? Thatsa real deal Deec Ember, on a bill like yours.”

“Who’s this?” I asked. “Where’s Doug and what does he owe you?” I said as I turned, looking out the back windows, as if the answer was out there.

“You stay out of this business if you know what’sa good for you,” the voice said.

“I can’t do that, pal,” is what I said. “You just threatened my friend and his wife. Now what—”

That’s when I heard the door to our office slam shut. I spun around and all I could see was a boy sprinting out into the street. He was gone in a flash. There was no use going after him. I looked down to where the airplane ticket had been sitting on the floor.

Gone. ****.

I raised the phone back up to my ear and started to say “Listen here,” but it was already dead.

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

shut up

Dysnomia Posted:

I wish MercWithMouth was permabanned

I wish everyone in WeChall was permabanned

I wish Skyman747 was permabanned

-=Dysnomia=-

Skyman747

Avatar: 115546 2015-08-12 18:58:09 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

DIRTY ****ING fine upstanding member of society woman's genitals

go away.

Dysnomia Posted:

I wish MercWithMouth was permabanned

I wish everyone in WeChall was permabanned

I wish Skyman747 was permabanned

-=Dysnomia=-

That Reactio-
n Face Guy

Avatar: 223807 2009-12-29 01:30:17 -0500

Level 69 Troll

THIS IS MY CONFUSED FACE

Skyman747 Posted:

shut up

Skyman747 Posted:

go away.

That Reactio-
n Face Guy

Avatar: 223807 2009-12-29 01:30:17 -0500

Level 69 Troll

THIS IS MY CONFUSED FACE

Detective Phil Marlot Posted:

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

I saw a Saturday night live sketch like this that was really funny. Wish I could find it.

ROFL

10/27/11 FLAMEBATE RPG UPDATED Flamebate RPG Dr. Seuss CS for Celerysteve Ban this Thread ET/Chuggo

click click click click .........

... out the window. It’s a black sedan.

click click click

... the one who’s been tailing me. Lola, I’m going to leave this tape here. Bring the transcription by my apartment tomorrow. Be careful you’re not followed. I’m going to sneak out the back and …

click

ProfMustard

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 13 Hacker

“Ohacku”

Great work so far…but I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, it seems like there’s a black hole there, and it’s pulling you closer and closer.

ProfMustard edited this message on 03/10/2010 5:13PM

Random quotes from people I know:

There is so little do do and so much time…wait. Reverse that!

If you can’t win…well, you can’t win.

I bought a pack of batteries recently. Unfortunately, they weren’t included and I had to return the package.

Study of the iTouch: Appology.

(Talking about a game) Oh shoot…I just ran out of infinite money.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then God said, “Let there be light!” and there was still nothing, but you could see it now.

Doesn’t it seem unfair that only one company makes the game Monopoly?

You know what sucks? A vacuum.

-end-

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!