Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun New Domination Card Suggestions

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

MAGICBEAR Posted:

We’d have to avoid any mbum effect cards, though, such as the wall or male reproductive organshot. I like both, but the wall would need to be limited to one player. A block to all attacks would make players that get ahead quick completely immune. Dom cards are designed (I think) to equalize things and add strategy. male reproductive organshot, likewise, would remove a person’s ability to equalize and perhaps even enjoy the game. At best it should block for a few minutes, 60 or so. Therefore, as the round winds down, you might get called out, you don’t have to stick around as much, like Corion says. I don’t think FW should be so time oriented. Kind of unfair to certainly geographies of the world. It’s big of me to say this as I have tons of time and am on 24/7.

Love some of the other ideas though. Especially if we start leveling them… then domination is almost like an active forum pwning. Sending attacks and what not. Much more interactive.

from what I understand;

walls don’t stack, so if you use 2 bumholes, they will still get hit for 10 scoops, unless they happen to be online at the same time to put up another wall

and for male reproductive organshot, just cause one person cant use their cards, doesn’t mean someone else wont, and unless you really **** of a person to keep dsing you every 24hrs you will still get some cards used

plus some other ideas

**shake and bake**

takes the total amount of scoops a person has, then randomly distributes it back as different scoops

ie, I got 20 vanillas, then I use the card and end up with 3A 0C 7L 8P 2V

or if used as an atk, it can bake/destroy a card or scoop

**miss fire**

when used, acts like a shotgun but doest effect the target until roll over

**spray and pray**

destroys 1 scoop from 4 random targets

**firewall**

blocks target from getting specific type of scoops for 24hrs

JThizz edited this message on 03/20/2008 1:37PM

Re-Rewind

Avatar: 29572 Thu Oct 23 20:42:10 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Magician Card

Move 5 of your opponent’s scoops to different flavours

Double Edge Card

Select an opponent, both you and that opponent lose 6 random scoops.

Spite Card

Select an opponent with less scoops than yourself, both of you lose all scoops.

Mirage Card

Gives a player +10 random scoops that last until a card is used on them.

Destroyer should destroy 2, shotgun should destroy 3. As it stands thief is twice as powerful as destroyer, equal to modest and slightly better than shotgun

paco650

Level 13 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

FYAD CARD – ****S YOU; YOU DIE

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How about a “The Lottery” card? Every player is stripped of one or two random scoops. One player, selected at random, will receive all of the scoops removed from the other players. The scoops could either be in their original flavas, giving the lottery winner a big boost in the Minimum Scoops contest, or all scoops concentrated into one random flava, giving a boost to the Fave Flava contest. Maybe randomly one or the other, even.

It would be a lot of chaos, and just might change the balance of power on a Domination Team. One or two scoops missing won’t hurt any one player much, and the big boost to one person would mean everyone has to change their strategies midstream. All of the sudden, it’s no longer three or four players in competition for the trophies, and everyone else hoping for an bumhole card to get their last licks in before they throw in the towel. Now, the competition has changed, and everyone has an opportunity to win if luck favors them.

I get tired of seeing one player who’s exploiting a flava. That means you, Antifreeze, though I’ve seen someone with 100 Chocolates… I’m still scratching my head over that one. “The Lottery” would give the little guys a chance. That way, the dozen or two players who don’t have a chance with a dozen scoops against someone with 200 just in one flava can even the odds without shafting themselves and everyone else with an bumhole card. I think the bumhole card isn’t the only way you can implement a ‘If I can’t win, I can screw up the balance of power’ strategy.

It’s a win-win situation. Everyone has a chance to profit, though the little guys have more reason to play this card than the pack leaders.

It might be wise to place a limit as to the number of Lottery cards that can be played during a round. Maybe a random number like three to six Lottery cards per round can be purchased? After the quota is reached, the Lottery card is removed from the list of cards available. The random number keeps players on their toes, not knowing if the last Lottery card has been played. Too many Lottery cards might discourage people to maintain a strategy, knowing that it all could be screwed up by random luck, but just a few could shake things up and keep it interesting for everyone, not just the pack leaders. It might breathe life into what’s become a dull, predictable contest between who has the most money and who has the most Klan support.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Lactose the Intolerant Posted:

How about a “The Lottery” card? Every player is stripped of one or two random scoops. One player, selected at random, will

be stoned to death.

Points for getting it.

Edit: Seriously, one of these played in the last 30 minutes would be game breaking. Limitation should be strong.

markchd edited this message on 03/21/2008 9:28PM

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

it would be lottery card spammage for anyone with out a medal right before the round is over

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

markchd Posted:

be stoned to death.

Points for getting it.

Edit: Seriously, one of these played in the last 30 minutes would be game breaking. Limitation should be strong.

I think you’re right about the limitation towards the end of the round, but not for the reason you’re thinking of. I think the limit should exist to give the new winner a chance to react.

How is the last minute Lottery winnings any different from having one person letting loose a bunch of bumhole cards in the last couple of minutes? Why would the bumhole card exist otherwise? It has its name for a reason. It also has strict limitations. You can’t use it if you’re in second place without totally giving up any chance you had. You use it when you’re not even in the running, to go out in a blaze of glory. It’s a card to inspire people to stone one person to death…

The Lottery would be no different in inspiring resentment if it was done at the last moment, except for instead of trying to bring down the leader, it’s designed to bring one person up.

Any limit on playing it towards the end of the round would be there to give people time to react to the new balance of power, so maybe it isn’t a bad idea.

Maybe no Lottery cards played in the last 4 hours of play?

Another limitation would be that a lottery card only takes scoops away from people with 4 or more in play. No sense in taking the last scoop from some poor schmuck. However, I think it should still reward the scoops randomly, even if the winning player doesn’t have any scoops taken away.

Lactose the Intolerant edited this message on 03/22/2008 8:09PM

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

markchd Posted:

be stoned to death.

Points for getting it.

No points for anyone, I thought this was required reading everywhere. They even made a TV movie about it.

The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

Edit:

Just re-read it a couple of days ago. Awesome story… one of the short stories that really got me into reading modern literature.

Eh, it’s not my favorite.

markchd edited this message on 03/22/2008 8:19PM

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

markchd Posted:

No points for anyone, I thought this was required reading everywhere. They even made a TV movie about it.

The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

Just re-read it a couple of days ago. Awesome story… one of the short stories that really got me into reading modern literature.

lulz56

[The Knights of LOL]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Fire card Set fire to one random card form a selected opponent.

AOE Area of attack remove one scoop form a selected opponent and one from the opponent above and below them on the character list.

DOT Damage over time. Remove 2-5 scoops (random) over a period of time.

Nice Guy Give a random card or scoop to a selected player.

immunity Use 4 random cards to make you immune from the next attack.

lulz56 edited this message on 03/25/2008 4:01PM

Thomasmo

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

The Friendly Gesture: Give 2 Random scoops to a player of your choice.

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

’’The Safe’’: You protect 2 scoops of your choice for 24 hours, only one ’’The Safe’’ can be activated at a time

Deplorable

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Thomasmo Posted:

The Friendly Gesture: Give 2 Random scoops to a player of your choice.

Absolutely not.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I get tired of seeing one player who’s exploiting a flava. That means you, Antifreeze, though I’ve seen someone with 100 Chocolates…

The Switcheroo?

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Concerning a new card…

The male reproductive organblock: Stop a player from getting the next 4 scoops they normally would.

The Last-Ditch Effort: Gain 4 scoops, flavas determined randomly. May only be played on the last day, and only if you are tied with someone else for most scoops.

The Waffle Cone: Lose all scoops and gain three-quarters as many(rounded down) in any one flava.

The Protective Bubble: Prevent the next card targeting you from working. Effect wears off after 24 hours if no cards are played on you.

The Explosive Round: A variant of the Shotgun, destroy 4 random scoops of any one opponent and 2 random scoops of your own.

Amp Zaphrix

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

JThizz Posted:

**firewall**

blocks target from getting specific type of scoops for 24hrs

PANTS’ new favorite card idea. I don’t be thinking so. Vanilla raids would be next to pointless.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Evil Trout: do you guys think that if I added new cards in a day or two it would ruin the game? should cards only be added on a new round?

Evil Trout: The new cards will be “shield” cards. Protect you from bumhole, etc.

From the chat.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

The biggest problem I see with Domination is that all the action happens in the last couple of minutes or so. It doesn’t matter what you do during the week the real battle will be between the players who stored up cards during the week and play them at the last moment to earn min scoops. Our team went from min of 3 to 2 players with a min of 10 in 1 minute then the winning min was 7.

There needs to be a card that forces people to actually play the game at different times instead of the last few minutes. Maybe a card that prevents someone else playing cards for 5 minutes or more. That forces the card hoarders to try other tactics.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Evil Trout: do you guys think that if I added new cards in a day or two it would ruin the game? should cards only be added on a new round?

Evil Trout: The new cards will be “shield” cards. Protect you from bumhole, etc.

Acid Flux Posted:

‘The Wall’ – Cancels the effect of the next card played on you by another player. Note: Only one ‘The Wall’ may be active at any one time. If you play a second ‘The Wall’ while the first is still active, it’s effects are lost. You can play a new ‘The Wall’ card immediately after the first has triggered and is no longer active. (You‘ve got a solid lead of about 40 scoops, but you just used Peeping Tom to find out that the guy with 3 scoops is packing 5 bumholes. Luckily for you, you‘ve got a couple of The Walls, so if you stay alert and pay attention during the endgame, you may just be able to keep your scoops and win the round.)

Evil, I would like an E-Peen if you’re using my idea…. Log in to see images!

General Roma-
nov

Level 10 Camwhore

I am but a slave of the Sovjet Union

General Romanov Posted:

’‘The Safe’’: You protect 2 scoops of your choice for 24 hours, only one ’’The Safe’’ can be activated at a time

me too

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!