Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Lactose the -
Intolerant

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

markchd Posted:

be stoned to death.

Points for getting it.

Edit: Seriously, one of these played in the last 30 minutes would be game breaking. Limitation should be strong.

I think you’re right about the limitation towards the end of the round, but not for the reason you’re thinking of. I think the limit should exist to give the new winner a chance to react.

How is the last minute Lottery winnings any different from having one person letting loose a bunch of bumhole cards in the last couple of minutes? Why would the bumhole card exist otherwise? It has its name for a reason. It also has strict limitations. You can’t use it if you’re in second place without totally giving up any chance you had. You use it when you’re not even in the running, to go out in a blaze of glory. It’s a card to inspire people to stone one person to death…

The Lottery would be no different in inspiring resentment if it was done at the last moment, except for instead of trying to bring down the leader, it’s designed to bring one person up.

Any limit on playing it towards the end of the round would be there to give people time to react to the new balance of power, so maybe it isn’t a bad idea.

Maybe no Lottery cards played in the last 4 hours of play?

Another limitation would be that a lottery card only takes scoops away from people with 4 or more in play. No sense in taking the last scoop from some poor schmuck. However, I think it should still reward the scoops randomly, even if the winning player doesn’t have any scoops taken away.

Lactose the Intolerant edited this message on 03/22/2008 8:09PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!