Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Barely Legal's Trophies

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Lust Posted:

It would be, if he was paying money per character Log in to see images!

I’m confused, why wouldn’t he be?

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

scullyangel Posted:

Well, that can’t be true, since Barely Legal has a ton of medals and was placed into a medal free team.

I thought everyone with a medal was forced into one of the big pods as well, but there has to be some sort of loophole.

Glad I didn’t hit the magic number or whatever, I’m not interested in playing against a bunch of people who aren’t playing.

Er…the rest of the post isn’t like my signature or anything.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Sorry, hon. I took your post to mean using alts, and I didn’t think that was the case.

scully edited this message on 03/20/2008 12:31AM

pOOpey

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

jpsteel Posted:

... more like great system manipulator.

Uhm, HellOOooo... Camwhore... manipulaton is a pre-req, an bumet, and an end unto itself.

(Pretty much the same can be said of serious gamers and the game systems they explore, but it was funier this way)

OO

_____________________________________________________________________________________

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

I think I figured out the loophole and going to tubmail him to confirm.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

A camwhore getting so much attention from everyone she gets her own thread? That keeps going? I’m so happy right now! Log in to see images!

I realize there’s a lot of resentment. So let me clarify some things, because I have no desire to perpetuate resentment through silence. If you want to resent me, please do so for facts, not for speculation.

This post is easily going to fall into the tl;dr category. But it’ll all be out here and it should end the speculation, and then I can go back to doing other, more fun things than defending myself.

noob65 was my first character, a troll. I enjoyed the game tremendously and donated money to try as a camwhore, Barely Legal.

Then domination came into play. First week or two, Dudley Donkers took advantage of the Antifreeze exploit, and got a bunch of medals. Both my alts got a few. Then antifreeze was fixed.

After that, I found both noob65 and Barely Legal on the same team. I notified ET that I didn’t think it should work that way, and continued to play. I decided that the camwhore would have better luck in the future trying to get medals so I focused on Barely Legal, using the exploit to my advantage, as anyone who had two characters and lucked out into having them both on the same team could have.

Somewhere in here I bought another alt, Why Bother, to play the game as an emo kid. Why Bother’s IC attitude is “Eh, why bother?” and that’s how I use him for metagame things as well. So he doesn’t play Domination at all. Except for one week when he accidentally found himself in a group of non-players because (I think) he got a pistachio scoop, and was tied for one scoop with a bunch of other people (before the tie “exploit” was fixed).

Anyway, after a couple of weeks of exploiting the multi-alt-on-the-same-team thing, I decided it was unfair, and when they were plopped on the same team again, sat n00b65 out entirely. Barely Legal still got a medal or two.

Then ET fixed the multi-character exploit and Barely Legal still managed to get a couple of medals, and was decidely leading the medals board. Meanwhile noob65 was doing mostly Flamebate, helping people out, trying to figure things out, etc.

It was at this point that n00b65 was made a moderator.

After that, the Sisters started putting together vanilla runs, and Barely Legal joined them. She’s helping out with other klan activities, but hasn’t participated in any raids, and isn’t likely to due to timing considerations. And she did benefit from the raids. There’ve been two weeks where that happened. The first, she had competition in the team, and played the game well again, and got some medals. (She actually had tried to share one by tying, but timing didn’t work out. And while I’m on that topic, there were other weeks when she could have taken all the medals herself but did allow a tie.)

The second week, last week, she somehow wound up on a relatively inactive team, with no other sisters or FoL’ers. There was one other real competitor on the team, (VAMPIREVILLE), but he didn’t contact me asking if I could try to make it fairer, so while I felt bad for him, I also didn’t feel an obligation to initiate discussion. If he had, I would have bought down all the klan vanilla scoops to cards, tried to keep track of which those were so I didn’t play them, and changed my strategy. I’m pretty sure I still would’ve gotten 2 medals, maybe all 4.

Now the vanilla exploit is fixed, and I’m unlikely to get any again because of my real-world timing issues. We’ll see what happens.

The final fact I’d like to mention is yes, as a moderator, I do have a number of other alts, which I use for testing. They all have taken cheats and are therefore completely disqualified from being used to my advantage in Domination. My only characters playing it are Barely Legal competitively, and n00b65 who dabbles, but might get back into it.

So yes, I have a lot of medals. Yes, I used exploits at times which everyone else could’ve used too. But I don’t cheat. I play the game as it’s available to anyone else. I just really luck out with my team placement. As long as there’s a random element involved, I guess the RNG is favoring me.

I think I’ve now said all I feel I need to. No, I’m not going to reveal my strategies, I figured them out on my own and deserve to benefit from them until someone else figures them out, or comes up with better ones (I’m sure there are better ones). And if — if — I have, or come up with, any strategies which I feel are exploits, you can be sure I’ll be telling ET about them.

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I think the main issue here is that Barely Legal is somehow getting sorted into teams with very low/no medal counts, while herself holding the record for most medals ever.

The rest of us with a few medals all get group together but somehow that character gets special treatment and thus acgreat timesulates a bigger lead? Surely you can see how this seems unfair to the rest of us?

Exploit or not, Random factor in team pairings or just plain luck, I personally think that this should be looked into.

Pumpkinburger edited this message on 03/20/2008 11:55AM

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Pumpkinburger Posted:

Surely you can see how this seems unfair to the rest of us?

Of course I see that. I agree there’s something wrong with that.

And I’d just like to highlight two things:

1) I don’t have any more control over where I shows up than anyone else.

2) The only week I was in such a non-competitive team was last week.

Rekslay

Level 26 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Sounds fair enough to me. Lay of him, ya fine upstanding member of societys. It was just bad timing.

Pumpkinburger

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Barely Legal Posted:

Of course I see that. I agree there’s something wrong with that.

And I’d just like to highlight two things:

1) I don’t have any more control over where I shows up than anyone else.

2) The only week I was in such a non-competitive team was last week.

Fair enough. I’d just like last week’s odd teaming to not repeat itself, although only the mods have any control over that.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Pumpkinburger Posted:

only the mods have any control over that.

Correction: Only the admins have any control over that.

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

For those of you who enjoy soap operas (wink at Midge)

I had a theory as to why I got put on such a non-competitive team last week. I talked to ET and he basically confirmed it. Without going into any further details — AND DON’T ASK, I won’t do it — I’ve decided that Barely Legal will not be playing for medals for herself for the foreseeable future. If someone winds up close enough to threaten my leadership position (like, within one or two medals of doing so), I’ll probably join back in. She will be trying to help Sisters, though, if the opportunity arises — she’s just not going to be playing for herself.

And n00b65 might start competing again; I haven’t decided on that yet.

Read into this what you will. I won’t say any more (although I will say that it has nothing — nothing — to do with my being a mod.)

EDIT: This week, turns out I’m on Yellow Baboon.

Lady Banhammer edited this message on 03/20/2008 5:05PM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Barely Legal Posted:

I had a theory as to why I got put on such a non-competitive team last week. I talked to ET and he basically confirmed it. Without going into any further details — AND DON’T ASK, I won’t do it — I’ve decided that Barely Legal will not be playing for medals for herself for the foreseeable future.

I wish I could believe your sincerity on this one buddy:

2 Apr — Team Death Race — 33/22/1 — 4 medals

But then again if you and ET “worked” out the little bug you found why were you matched up yet again in a no medal bracket?

jpsteel edited this message on 04/02/2008 10:10PM

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

jpsteel Posted:

I AM CRYING BECAUSE I CANT WIN

FIXED. GROW SOME BALLS YOU ****ING woman's genitals.

MOD edit: Tarman, this is a non-trolling forum. Meaning no all-caps, etc. Please read the rules.

rohina

[Fighting bumolinos]

Level 10 Troll

Queen of Mean

I think there are some other people exploiting loopholes in the game in Domination as well. I don’t mind getting beaten by a nose in a fair fight, but when people have 196 Domination cards, there’s no point in bothering. I was participating in forumbuildr for Domination purposes, but I probably won’t bother any more.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Have you reported these ‘loopholes’?

Everyl

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

They’re just gambling up hundreds of antifreeze scoops to exchange for virtually limitless supplies of cards. It’s not hard, just time-consuming and a little boring unless you really like playing Blackjack (or whatever your game of choice is; I use Blackjack because it’s easy to profit on, but Paper-Rock-Scissors is probably faster for racking up scoops).

To put it in perspective, there’s someone in my bracket this week who has 60+ cards and about as many antifreeze scoops stocked up already. It hasn’t even been 3 hours since the round began yet. If it’s an exploit, it’s definitely in the “anyone can do it” category. Anyone who enjoys virtual gambling for hours on end, anyway.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

What I am calling into question is the match-up bug that was “supposed” to be fixed two weeks ago. Basically, Barely_Legal has avoided being matched up with previous medal winners yet again. All the current blackjack gamblers are previous medal winners and matched up accordingly. That is why you see multiple people doing it now. Barely_Legal’s scoops are legit but his competition isn’t.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

rohina Posted:

I think there are some other people exploiting loopholes in the game in Domination as well. I don’t mind getting beaten by a nose in a fair fight, but when people have 196 Domination cards, there’s no point in bothering. I was participating in forumbuildr for Domination purposes, but I probably won’t bother any more.

I was in your bracket this last competition and I got min scoops even after you carded me twice. I don’t remember seeing anyone’s card total getting much above 20 all week. I certainly think I would have noticed someone having over 40 much less 196.

MathLuv8

Level 59 Camwhore

“Sergeant Slutter”

I had about 40 cards (in total) all week: 7 on shields, 3 switcheroos, 15 or so modests, 5 thieves, an bumhole, and the rest as single scoop/two scoop destroyers/shotguns.

I got about 10 from Gamble Bot, 80 or so from Vanilla Raids, and the rest from lemon speedruns and pistachio diversity. 0 scoops from Forumbuildr (with two submissions!)

I was in your bracket, and I was thieving from you because you were threatening min scoops.

I’d like to point out that I have yet to actually get these three medals, though.

MathLuv8 edited this message on 04/03/2008 12:46AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!