You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.
You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.
|Hunt the Monstrous Homogayz- An (unofficial) ForumWarz Side Quest|
Greetings. I have a proposal for you. For all of you. It’s time to hunt down your fellow ForumWarz members. Because some of them are not who they appear to be.
Some of them are actually… Monstrous Homogayz™
Hunt the Monstrous Homogayz™ Game Rules
DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction and parody, poking fun at Internet culture. If you really need any more elaboration than that, then why are you on a forum dedicated to a game that is a work of fiction & parody, poking fun at Internet culture?
– In the Game of M.H.™, there are two primary teams: Awesome & Cool People & Monstrous Homogayz™.
The goal of the Monstrous Homogayz™ is to eliminate the Awesome & Cool People and take control of the Forum.
The goal of the Awesome & Cool People is to eliminate the Monstrous Homogayz™ and protect their Forum.
Sounds easy enough. The only problem is, the members of the Monstrous Homogayz™ are completely anonymous; they’re all using Alts to blend into the Forum. No one knows who they are, except for the Monstrous Homogayz™ themselves.
There are two Phases that alternate, Day Phase & Night Phase. The Monstrous Homogayz™ have the ability to bumhurt (and probably Pwn) a player during the Night. The Awesome & Cool People have the ability to Ban a player that they suspect to be Monstrous Homogayz™.
Okay, typing that out each time is ****ing me off. From now on, Awesome & Cool People will be called ACP and Monstrous Homogayz™ will be called M.H.™
– For each ACP Pwned (by any method other than GodKill) in the previous Night Phase, a Vote Slot (a.k.a. Permaban) is created for that subsequent Day Phase. This means that multiple Permabans will be created if multiple ACPs are killed during a single night. The Forum must vote for a scapegoat for each Permaban. If no ACP is killed in the previous Night Phase, there is still a minimum of one Permaban.
– No Ban is a valid vote (but a failure to vote is not considered a No Ban Vote), but can only fill one Permaban. For the purposes of any ties, the ‘No Ban’ counts as a ‘player’. This means that if Bob has 5 votes, and No Ban has 5 votes, and there is only one Permaban, then neither is Permabanned. But if there are two Permabans, then one is filled with Bob and the other filled with No Ban. Do not confuse the vote for No Ban and the result of no one being Permabanned.
– In the event of a Permaban Vote Tie, there is no tiebreaker. If there are fewer Permabans than Tied Majority Ban Suspects, there those Permabans are filled with No Ban results. If there are an equal or greater number of Permabans than Tied Majority Ban Suspects, then all Tied Majority Ban Suspects are Permabanned.
-Players Vote during the Day Phase and may change their vote multiple times. Only the last vote before the deadline will count. All official game times are in Eastern Standard Time, and goes by the official U.S. Time as seen on this website. Players may also ‘lock in’ their vote. Once a vote is ‘locked in’, it cannot by changed. Locked votes can be useful when a majority decision has been reached early in a day. Locked votes are never a requirement.
– Players are also not allowed to edit previous posts after a five minute window. Public posts must remain as they originally appeared for fair gameplay.
-Votes should be in this format: Vote: Bob or Change Vote: Bob or Lock Vote: Bob. Otherwise, you risk the Game Narrator missing your vote or confusing a normal bolded comment with your vote.
-There will be three groups of players. Monstrous Homogayz™ a.k.a. M.H.™, Awesome & Cool People a.k.a. ACP & Psycho Internet Stalkers a.k.a. P.I.S.ers
M.H.™ begin the game knowing their own roster and able to freely communicate privately, and also know the role of each player in their group.
-In general, there will be approximately 70-80% ACP, 20-25% M.H.™, and no more than 7% Psycho Internet Stalkers. There are no guarantees that any specific role (other than Mastermind & Forum Admin) will be present in any given game. It is possible that a game could consist entirely of Noob Trolls & Generic Noobs.
-Times cycles will be approximately 48 hours for Day Phase and 24 hours for Night Phase. At some point during the midgame, this may change. The exact deadlines will be listed at the beginning of each Phase, and will be chosen to allow the Game Narrator time to review Votes & Actions, as well as allowing him to have a normal life. The Game Narrator will make every reasonable attempt to adhere to this deadline.
– Twitter Updates by the Game Narrator will update the game status, and may occasionally reveal random pieces of information. Some will be obvious and definitive, others will be hidden clues. Definitive statements will always be true. Rumors or clues may or may not be true. If you aren’t sure which is which, ask via TM.
– You may reveal your role publicly, although there are obvious dangers in doing so. There will be no TMs between players unless your role allows it, and all TMs must include the Game Narrator. Certain groups, with Game Narrator permission, may use a separate forum or IRC for easier private communication. The Game Narrator must still be aware of any game communication, regardless of where it occurs. You may share information received from your roles or your own personal deductions in the main public game thread. You may not directly quote any PMs you receive from the Game Narrator, nor any comments the Game Narrator makes in separate private forums. Doing so will result in a GodKill. (Note: If you wish to share game information that you acquired through your role [and therefore, via a PM from the Game Narrator], you must paraphrase the relevant portion of the message, but you may not directly quote the Game Narrator’s PM.)
– You may not share any information after you are eliminated (a.k.a. Pwned). You may observe the game and even offer witty comments, but no advice or strategy. This also applies to groups like the Untouchables & the M.H.™, whether using TMs or private forums. Pwned players may still listen into the TMs or private forum, but may not offer strategy or tactics. Failure to do so may result in a random person from your team being God-Killed.
– Active participation is required. This means that if you do not post a message in the game thread for either three consecutive Phases (i.e., Day and/or Night), or five real days (whichever comes first), then you forfeit your place in the game. This will result in a God-Kill. So, if the last time you posted in the game thread was Monday Noon during Day Phase 1, then you must make a post before Day Phase 3 or Saturday Noon, whichever comes first.
– Some roles have special abilities. If a role has more than one special ability that could be used during a single Day or Night Phase, only one ability can be used per Phase. (I.E., the Mad Hacker may make an Attack, or Stay On The Move, but not both on the same Night) Some roles will specifically state that they can use multiple abilities during a single phase (I.E., the Mastermind can veto the M.H.™ Hit and bumign a specific Hitman during the same Night Phase.
Using an ability during a Night Phase has no effect on using an ability during the following Day Phase, and vice-versa, unless specifically stated.
– Certain Night Actions can interrupt or interfere with other Night Actions. This timeline shows which action types have precedence. All actions will have a declared target, and even if the action is unsuccessful, it still counts as being targeted. For example, if a Jimmy the Re-Re targets a player with Healing, but is Distracted by a Camwhore, the healing will not affect the player, but it still counts as a use of that ability and a targeting of that ability. This means the Jimmy the Re-Re cannot try to heal that same player on the next night.
General Order of Night Actions & Events
1. Distractions(i.e., Camwhore, WebCam****,])
Any role which negates or prevents another player from using an action occurs first. If Distracter A targets Distracter B, then Distracter B does not perform their Distracting action. Any Distraction (including Detainment) that stops or interferes with a Once Per Game ability will prevent that ability from occurring normally, just as it interferes with any other normal ability. However, the Once Per Game ability is not used up in this case. That player may choose to use the OPG ability again, provided that the requirements are still in place. When a player is Distracted, they are told that they were Distracted, and any attempted action on their part failed. Even if a player was not performing an action, they are still told that they were Distracted. Any attempt to Distract an Unblockable Attacker fails automatically.
2. Detainments (i.e., Moderator)
This is a special type of Distracting, because it also provides Protection (see below). Additionally, a Detained player never shows Night Activity during the Night they are Detained.
3. Attacks (i.e., Mini-Mod, M.H.™ Hitman)
This is any attempt to Pwn another player. Each successful attack creates a ‘bumhurt’ on the target. Any bumhurtz on a Player at the end of Stage 6: Healing will result in the player’s Pwning. bumhurtz may be Healed, but only one bumhurt is Healed per successful Healing attempt. If a player receives Multiple bumhurtz, they must also receive Multiple Heals or they will still die. If an attack is clbumified as ‘Unblockable’, then it cannot be Distracted, Protected against, Healed or otherwise redirected.
4. Protections (i.e., White Knight)
This will prevent any bumhurtz from affecting the Protected target. Unlike Healing, a Protection will prevent any and all bumhurtz, unless the Attack was Unblockable. Protections stay in place for the entire Night Phase, so even if the player that was providing the Protection is killed, the Protection effect remains.
5. Counterattacks* (i.e., White Knight)
Some abilities allow for a player to return fire if attacked. During this phase, a bumhurt player is still active and able to take actions. Stages 4 & 5 will repeat as often as needed until all Protections & Counterattacks have resolved.
6. Healing (i.e., Jimmy the Re-Re)
This is when & where those nasty bumhurtz might be Healed. For each bumhurt applied to a player, it takes a successful Healing action to remove it. If a player has more bumhurtz than Healing actions, then they are Pwned. Any bumhurtz caused by an Unblockable Attack cannot be Healed. Clarification: A bumhurt Player may still perform Healing actions. At the end of the Healing Phase, if the Healer is still bumhurt, then they sucgreat timesb to their own bumhurtz, but any bumhurtz they attempted to Heal are resolved normally.
7. Investigations (i.e., Hacker, Emo Kid, M.H.™ Haxxor)
This is when players with Investigative actions get their results. Note that as the last action in the timeline, there are many ways that it can be thwarted. This is intentional, as information gathering is a powerful tool in this game.
SA = Special Ability (If a Player has more than one Special Ability that can be used during a single Phase, they usually must choose only one to use during that phase. Exceptions to this rule are noted in the Role Description)
NF = Night Flag (Means that this Special Ability shows up as Night Activity)Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/27/2009 11:31AM
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 9:15PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
Monstrous Homogayz™: Victory Condition: Eliminate all threats to M.H.™, usually by outnumbering non-M.H.™.
All M.H.™ always show Night Activity, except the Mastermind, who is always shown to have no Night Activity (even if he is the Hitman), and the Two-Faced Bastard, who only shows Night Activity if he performs an Action that triggers such a flag. During Night, all M.H.™ use the PM function or a pre-approved private forum to record a vote to the Game Narrator to choose a target of a M.H.™ Hit. This vote is submitted in the same form & format as a public Ban Vote. The last person to vote for the target is the auto-selected Hitman for that hit. During Day, the M.H.™ players pose as ACP and Vote for the Public Banning. When killed, a M.H.™ is revealed as M.H.™, but no special roles are disclosed. M.H.™ may send TMs to each other whenever they choose, but must include the Game Narrator in the message.
All M.H.™ Players have the following ability:
Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/09/2009 10:30PM
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 9:15PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
Awesome & Cool People
Victory Condition: Eliminate all threats to the ACP, usually by eliminating all M.H.™. In this game, it can also mean eliminating the Psycho Internet Stalkers. During Day, ACPs vote for the Public Banning. When killed, a ACP is revealed as ACP, but no special roles are disclosed.
Jimmy the Re-Re
Elite White Knight
Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/09/2009 10:45PM
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 9:15PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
Psycho Internet Stalkers
Victory Condition: Last Man Standing
During the Day, Psycho Internet Stalkers pose as ACP and Vote for the Public Banning. When Pwned, a Psycho Internet Stalker is revealed as a P.I.S.
P.I.S. always appear as ACP until they are killed, and they are then revealed to be a P.I.S. (Exception: See the Mad Hacker ability and how it interacts with Haxxors & Hackers.)
Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/09/2009 10:21PM
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 9:16PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
If you’re interested in playing (I know, it’s a lot of tl;dr), post in this thread.
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 10:35PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
Sergeant Cid Posted:
This is so mind-bendingly complex that even when I tried honestly hard to read it and understand it, I had no clue what it was.
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 10:49PM||View Shii's Profile | #|
In a nutshell:
There are two teams, Good Guys & Bad Guys.
About 75% of the players are Good Guys. About 25% of the players are Bad Guys.
Only the Bad Guys know who they are. Each of the Good Guys only knows that he/she is a Good Guy. All other players are suspects to them.
During the Day Phase, everyone gets 1 public vote to pick someone to remove from the game. The player with the most votes is removed from game, and then their allegiance (i.e., whether they were Good/Bad) is revealed.
Then, during the Night Phase, the Bad Guys get to pick one of the Good Guys to remove from the game.
The Game ends when the Bad Guys have enough majority to force every Day Vote in their favor, or when the Good Guys eliminate all the Bad Guys.
Everything else is extra rules and details. If enough people are willing to try the ‘basic’ version, we can try that first.
Sergeant Cid edited this message on 06/09/2009 10:57PM
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 10:57PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
So it’s like those Mafia or Serial Killer card games, right?
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 11:14PM||View BloodyDemise's Profile | #|
Yeh, Mafia was immediately what I thought of.
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 11:21PM||View Shii's Profile | #|
this sounds kind of like werewolf but more complicated
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 11:22PM||View Adapt's Profile | #|
That’s basically it, yes. Mafia/Werewolf/Etc., but in a longer play format. And also re-themed for ForumWarz.
I know it looks fairly complicated, but the basics are really simple. In fact, for the first game, I’d probably keep it very basic. Just the two main teams, and only a few ‘power roles’.
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 11:39PM||View Sergeant Cid's Profile | #|
Ooh, cool, like Mafia?
|Posted On: 06/09/2009 11:41PM||View Big Brother's Profile | #|
I’d like to join and promise to try to understand all the tl;dr. If it’s like werewolf it can’t be that hard… can it?
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 12:17AM||View ChilePepino's Profile | #|
i know mafia, so this can’t be that different.
i’m down with this.
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 12:18AM||View ghax's Profile | #|
fact: I am never the werewolf
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 12:18AM||View Adapt's Profile | #|
Werewolf is fun and here is my recommendation, let us only know relevant abilities, that was way too tl;dr and abstract but if introduced bit by bit it shouldn’t be too bad. Count me in.
Newer players can read old threads to catch up since examples often work best if it catches on somehow Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 12:59AM||View Dunatis's Profile | #|
Sergeant Cid Posted:
You know… if this had been any other person suggesting we try this game…
I’d be plastering this page with ‘Teal Deers’ to insinuate “too long;didn’t read” on account of an overly complex ruleset.
But for Sarge… I’ll be ready to make an exception.
While complicated matters generally do not translate into effective leisure, when exceptions come about, they’re almost always profoundly worth the extra trouble.
And for those that’re wondering… no, the concept of “teal dear” is not an original one. A picture is below.
Log in to see images!
MOD EDIT: User banned for trolling in CD.
MercWithMouth was banned for this post by NiccoMercWithMouth edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 3:52AM||View MercWithMouth's Profile | #|
Let’s just play werewolf instead Log in to see images!
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 6:39AM||View Fran's Profile | #|
Ooooh me! Pick me!
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 6:45AM||View Ardent's Profile | #|
Sounds good to me, also a lot of work put in from Cid. I’m in.
|Posted On: 06/10/2009 7:41AM||View Aldo_Anything's Profile | #|