Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Bashy Bashers? Fix Itembuildr Tattoo?

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

EVECHARM Posted:

Yes ET is busy, he probably has better things to do then work on fixing itembuildr, but saying that, isn’t going to stop the community from putting it’s hands over it’s ears screaming and chanting to fix item buildr like a 5 year old. This is a community that praises it trolls, thinks getting banned is cool, tries to get noobs to post goatse in GD to get them banned and usually someone is spaming IDC for fun(someone is even doing it as I write this post right now)

You’ll probably see more items like the Fix Itembuildr tattoo >.> and enough of the community acting like the community normally acts and it’ll win till you do what the screaming 5 year olds demand.

As a parent I can tell you that giving in to a screaming five year old’s demands is never the right solution, it only promotes further tirades.

Edit: Not that I agree with your bumertions about the community. I just disagree with your arguement altogether.

CoreyJess edited this message on 05/18/2009 9:36PM

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

EVECHARM Posted:

You’ll probably see more items like the Fix Itembuildr tattoo >.> and enough of the community acting like the community normally acts and it’ll win till you do what the screaming 5 year olds demand.

Or, you know… the screaming 5 year old will eventually get tired. I *hate* watching parents give in to screaming children. My sister I learned really ****ing fast when we were kids that screaming meant less of what we wanted, not more. I see other people my age with entitlement issues and thank all that I hold dear that we were raised the way we were.

If the screaming 5 year olds never shut up, it wasn’t really due to their screaming so much as it finally came up on the agenda. Unless, of course, ET says “**** it” and pulls the plug entirely. Then I guess they’ll ave to find something new to **** about. (Note: I don’t know of any plans to do that… I just think it would be really damn funny to watch the people that are screaming about it now suddenly scream about not having it at all.)

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

We’d like to do something about itembuildr, it just takes time to decide on and implement changes.

So in other words, community: You’ve proven how broken it is, you can quit stomping on the shattered fragments now.

Quite right – if people wanted to make a point, it’s now been made, so lets move on from this kind of thing.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Samildanach Posted:

Right. So, in other words, people will pull this kind of bull**** regardless of what ET does. How does “doing things like this seem to be the only way to get enough attention to “fix” something” under that paradigm, again?

Alright fine let me rephrase my statement. It’s cool that the community is able to band together enough that they could basically do whatever the heck they want in buildrs, even ruin it if they want to, while in other games the best thing they could do is whine together and can’t actually effect the game. Happy?

EVECHARM edited this message on 05/18/2009 9:51PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

So in other words, community: You’ve proven how broken it is, you can quit stomping on the shattered fragments now.

The Bashy Basher’s forum is simply because someone hated that Bashy kept winning, over and over again.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that you disqualified that Bashy-Bashing forum, because you felt it had gone too far/was an inside joke. Am I the only one who feels that that is ridiculous?

That the majority of voters, were so frustrated that Bashy kept winning, that they voted in an anti-Bashy forum, only to have it disqualified for Bashy to win? I upvoted it, because it would be fun to write for, and also yes it would be an inside joke, but that’s only one forum out of how many? Over 100?

I know I asked for this on the blog, but I think this is another great time to ask.

If there could just be a post in flamebate, or even in the database, on “known problems, issues, bugs & things to fix”. I’d probably say that all (if not 95%) of the “ET YER GAME IS BROKEN” stuff that’s posted in CD, is an attempt to get CZs attention by alerting them of the issue. If we can have this dogreat timesent just as a reference so we can be like “Oh, they know that we want them to do this”, and go outside.

And if you do decide to do this, make sure you don’t indicate when you plan on fixing it, or adding any sort of list of priority, that will just cause endless threads of “FIX THIS BEFORE THAT”, and et cetera.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I appreciate how this discussion has progressed, especially those coming to CZ’s defense. I don’t want to sound all bumhurt about this kind of thing, because on some level it is funny and even a little heartwarming to see impromptu “revolts” by the community.

On the other hand, it puts us in the awkward position of having to come down hard whenever it happens, making it appear like we’re in opposition to our users.

First and foremost, we want you to acknowledge the amount of work that goes into these projects, and the fact that, perversely enough, we’re all in it together.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MeatLoafFan Posted:

If there could just be a post in flamebate, or even in the database, on “known problems, issues, bugs & things to fix”. I’d probably say that all (if not 95%) of the “ET YER GAME IS BROKEN” stuff that’s posted in CD, is an attempt to get CZs attention by alerting them of the issue. If we can have this dogreat timesent just as a reference so we can be like “Oh, they know that we want them to do this”, and go outside.

And if you do decide to do this, make sure you don’t indicate when you plan on fixing it, or adding any sort of list of priority, that will just cause endless threads of “FIX THIS BEFORE THAT”, and et cetera.

A “known issues” list might actually be a good idea. I’ll add it to the list of things we’d like to do! Log in to see images!

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I don’t care which, if either, Bashy bashing entry people vote for, but what exactly is the point of downvoting everybody else’s submissions? All of these threads pointing out which Bashy forum is “real” and which one is “fake” simply seem like public vote collusion and have only functioned to insure that if Bashy is not the author of the next week’s forum, Bashy will surely be the subject of next week’s forum. Oh, and in the meantime, everybody else’s forum ideas have been wiped out, which will reflect negatively in their buildr scores next week, giving them fewer submissions with which to compete. So, good job achieving exactly the opposite of what you wanted.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

A “known issues” list might actually be a good idea. I’ll add it to the “known issues” list! Log in to see images!

I think I fixed an issue in your post, you can take that off the list.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

And now, because there is no list that I’d check, I’m going to list some things I find wrong with buildr, despite you guys already knowing, this serves as a just-in-case.

1) Eliminate Downvoting in itembuildr/Make like -20 the cutoff.

2) Give the code another look, try making the items that are spawned be random between Tears, Sexiness, Douchebaggery, and Processing Power; instead of based on previously existing items (where Camwhores and Emo Kids have a majority.

3) Make -10 the cutoff in forumbuildr.

By implementing the above changes, voting will be determined by how much someone likes something, not be the first 5 people who get to a forum quickly hitting “downvote”.

-MLF- edited this message on 05/18/2009 10:32PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

EVECHARM Posted:

And as for “fix” add more or remove downvoting to at least test out a higher number. It ISN’T the whole community getting rid of 95% of submissions, it’s just the first 5-10 people that have time to look through and downvote everything the second itembuildr get rolled over.

Oh also I’m surprised that the downvote cutoff wasn’t changed to 10 or 15 just as a test for a week already.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Well the Bashy forums aren’t disqualified yet but probably one or two will probably be for copying. They all shouldn’t be tho cause it would be like saying ” well it was real funny all the times submitting fran is fat, but we can’t actually let it win”

and a list on what CZ is working on or planing to fix would probably stop a good part of the whining to fix something or the general whining that happens when something gets fixed and changed on a whim (see masterball gate thread)

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MeatLoafFan Posted:

To clarify, did you disqualify the Bashy-Basher’s forum?

I haven’t yet. They’re still up there. Actually, I wanted to hear from Bashy himself.

However, my gut tells me it would be best to bury the entries soon.

DarkArmy

Avatar: 168859 Thu Jul 23 14:34:06 -0400 2009

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I don’t know the ins and outs of forumwarz like most of you do. But i wanted to make a point. I’ve won 3 itembuildr image submissions in the last week. I know for a fact that i dont get in there and down vote in the first few minutes like apparently some do. I dont have a little army of supporters to offset my downvotes. I just try to submit something that would be funny and accurate to the description. On the other hand. I never even come close to to winning an idea. And this last tatto one my image was gone in the first hour apparently and it was much better than the winning submission. All im really saying is that there may be some flaws in the way it works so making changes may not makes things better because a locked door only keeps out the honest person.

-MLF-

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

I just disqualified all anti-Bashy forum entries.

To disqualify an anti-Bashy forum, only to let Bashy win, is robbing the community, and then urinating on it.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Catt although Posted:

Quite right – if people wanted to make a point, it’s now been made, so lets move on from this kind of thing.

I’d say that you need to keep making the point until change happens. When’s the last time that change happened after the activists shut up?

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

MeatLoafFan Posted:

To disqualify an anti-Bashy forum, only to let Bashy win, is robbing the community, and then urinating on it.

I agree!! why is one better than the other. Let things take their course

DarkArmy edited this message on 05/18/2009 10:57PM

DarkArmy

Level 35 Hacker

Have you noticed that downvotes have even been worse since people seem to be upset. So everyones hard work is wasted with it all.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

zagerblag Posted:

I’d say that you need to keep making the point until change happens. When’s the last time that change happened after the activists shut up?

Wow, change via activism, in an Internet game. These are strong words to use about a website being run by a few guys. imagine if some of you took such a firm stance in your lives.

I hate to sound like the old man here, but do you think, just maybe, you guys may be pushing a little harder than you need to, both with your actions and words?

tl;dr Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

zagerblag Posted:

When its turn on the list came up. Just like it will with this.

You can keep whining and waste your energy until it happens in due course or you can try to make something good with what it serves up in the meantime. It’s your choice, but it’s not going to make things happen any faster.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!