Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface Bashy Bashers? Fix Itembuildr Tattoo?

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

spacekadt Posted:

When its turn on the list came up. Just like it will with this.

You can keep whining and waste your energy until it happens in due course or you can try to make something good with what it serves up in the meantime. It’s your choice, but it’s not going to make things happen any faster.

As I mentioned a few posts above, it’d be awesome if the community could see the list, just so we can be aware that it is in fact being worked on.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

To address just itembuildr for now, here’s what I think led us to this point. First off JB, you may feel you’re repeating yourself by saying “be patient, we’re working on it” in multiple places, but it does help ease concerns. I got the feeling, and maybe others did too, that the site was locked in to the -5 voting concept, which has been around for quite awhile now, and I would have liked hearing that there’s a good chance it will change. Also, something goofy but interesting – forumbuildr still has “beta” in the title while itembuildr doesn’t. While I know that it’s tongue in cheek on forumbuildr, itembuildr really should be considered in a “beta” stage at this point. Chocolate scoops were probably added too soon, and you should be willing to play around with how it works and possibly not release every item into play, because it’s really an unfinished product. Finally, one thing that makes itembuildr even more frustrating to those who don’t think it works – if you come up with a great forum idea and it gets downvoted, you can resubmit it the next week or even the same week. When your itembuildr item gets blasted right away, it feels more like that idea is lost for good, even though you could save it for the next time that type of item comes around.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

MeatLoafFan Posted:

To disqualify an anti-Bashy forum, only to let Bashy win, is robbing the community, and then urinating on it.

Okay, that’s the most absurd statement I’ve heard today. I should really start cataloging them.

Entries have been disqualified, because they wouldn’t have been published anyway. Meanwhile, I’ve seen page after page of great forum ideas from a multitude of players — including some from a guy we’re persecuting for no discernible reason.

Maybe we can go back to voting according to merit.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

zagerblag Posted:

I’d say that you need to keep making the point until change happens. When’s the last time that change happened after the activists shut up?

The difference being that we’re not citizens of a government, we’re consumers. CZ wants us to like the product, and wants it to be attractive to new people as well. Having the players get bored and leave doesn’t do them any good.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

plk Posted:

I don’t care which, if either, Bashy bashing entry people vote for, but what exactly is the point of downvoting everybody else’s submissions? All of these threads pointing out which Bashy forum is “real” and which one is “fake” simply seem like public vote collusion and have only functioned to insure that if Bashy is not the author of the next week’s forum, Bashy will surely be the subject of next week’s forum. Oh, and in the meantime, everybody else’s forum ideas have been wiped out, which will reflect negatively in their buildr scores next week, giving them fewer submissions with which to compete. So, good job achieving exactly the opposite of what you wanted.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Hear hear!

Even so though, being unable to come up with enough good Math related stuff, I’m risking my score to post a bunch of Forum ideas. Let’s see how many manage a single upvote… We need more ideas from others, dilute the Bashy and vote fair, that’s how we win. If every week we upvote enough to give new people a higher score we can dilute his submissions without having to submit to bad Forums, plus more ideas means potentially better ideas.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MeatLoafFan Posted:

As I mentioned a few posts above, it’d be awesome if the community could see the list, just so we can be aware that it is in fact being worked on.

I don’t disagree…

The point I was trying to make with that was a very specific reply to zagerblag’s bumertion that change will never come if people stop complaining.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Entries have been disqualified, because they wouldn’t have been published anyway.

It wouldn’t have? I was under the impression that the Bashy-Basher’s Brigade was leading 23 points to the current leader.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

MeatLoafFan Posted:

It wouldn’t have? I was under the impression that the Bashy-Basher’s Brigade was leading 23 points to the current leader.

What I mean is, we wouldn’t have wanted it to be published as a forum, because it seems like more of a joke than a legit build.

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

What I mean is, we wouldn’t have wanted it to be published as a forum, because it seems like more of a joke than a legit build.

then is the fix itembuildr tattoo going down to?

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

I submitted Bashy Bashers as a joke last week, and it did meh and then got downvoted. I submitted again this week after yet another Bashy forum idea won, and it took hold and did very well. I don’t particularly care that my idea got disqualified, but I am upset that the community voted it up (along with several copycat ideas) and apparently their votes don’t mean anything. The last time a “joke” forum got through (remember Dolphin Love?), it was one of the most amazing and funniest builds that has ever been done.

kittiejenn edited this message on 05/18/2009 11:48PM

WoweeZowee

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

kittiejenn Posted:

I submitted Bashy Bashers as a joke last week, and it did meh and then got downvoted. I submitted again this week after yet another Bashy forum idea won, and it took hold and did very well. I don’t particularly care that my idea got disqualified, but I am upset that the community voted it up (along with several copycat ideas) and apparently their votes don’t mean anything. The last time a “joke” forum got through (remember Dolphin Love?), it was one of the most amazing and funniest builds that has ever been done.

Signing this. What’s the problem with having “joke” forums, it was being voted legitly (yes I know I’m a klannie, I upvoted it without the knowledge that it was kittiejenn’s forum idea) and I don’t think Bashy cared that much about it. So…

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

kittiejenn Posted:

signed for sure, since when has it been up to the admins to decide which forums we will and will not build? What is this the 2000 US election?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’m a bit surprised that these got nuked. Bashy openly supported Fran Is Fat as a unique forum, and as far as I recall it was only removed when it was found to have been voted with tons of illegals.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

Sorry to have buried your entry, but surely you can see how “Dolphin Love” (which was indeed hilarious) is much more generalist than something that directly names a Forumwarz player.

Also, keep in mind that at the time, we were not aware that it was submitted as conspiratorial “joke” entry.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

MeatLoafFan Posted:

To disqualify an anti-Bashy forum, only to let Bashy win, is robbing the community, and then urinating on it.

How about disqualifying an anti-Bashy forum because the entire concept is an in-joke that would be lost on many players, in order to let the most upvoted non-anti-Bashy forum win?

It’s not JB’s fault that people have been aggressively nuking the other forums in a misguided attempt to lash at out someone who’s more successful at buildr.

What they’re doing is not so much “robbing the community, and then urinating on it” as “taking away the toy a baby is abusing, and sighing as it ****es all over itself in a tantrum.”

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Samildanach Posted:

How about disqualifying an anti-Bashy forum because the entire concept is an in-joke that would be lost on many players, in order to let the most upvoted non-anti-Bashy forum win?

It’s not JB’s fault that people have been aggressively nuking the other forums in a misguided attempt to lash at out someone who’s more successful at buildr.

What they’re doing is not so much “robbing the community, and then urinating on it” as “taking away the toy a baby is abusing, and sighing as it ****es all over itself in a tantrum.”

An in-joke among who? the people who use forumbuildr and get their ideas in week after week? Sorry that we don’t want to include the very people who keep voting for bashy’s stupid forums. (not that they are all bad, but a lot of them have been).

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

Adapt Posted:

An in-joke among who? the people who use forumbuildr and get their ideas in week after week?

I’m not parsing this sentence. I was considering it an in-joke among people who give a damn about Bashy’s buildr power. I suppose nearly anyone who plays on buildr regularly and pays attention knows the deal, but it’s ultimately just a one-trick pony for the bumhurt to console each other.

Sorry that we don’t want to include the very people who keep voting for bashy’s stupid forums.

Given the performance of “bashy’s stupid forums”, you realize that amounts to “Sorry we don’t want to include the majority of buildr players”, right? He’s not winning by some arcane pact with the devil – he’s winning because his ideas consistently get upvoted by the community more than other people’s ideas.

(not that they are all bad, but a lot of them have been).

So it shouldn’t be too hard to come up with funnier ideas, instead of duplicating existing entries and “LOL EVERYBODY VOTE FOR WE HAET BASHY FORUM!” People can’t focus on that?

Samildanach edited this message on 05/19/2009 12:18AM

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

What’s wrong with a joke?

HuGGleS4EVer-
YoNE

Avatar: 11164 2010-02-17 20:44:46 -0500

[Island of Avalon]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Sorry to have buried your entry, but surely you can see how “Dolphin Love” (which was indeed hilarious) is much more generalist than something that directly names a Forumwarz player.

As I said in the other thread though, what’s the difference between this and Battlethreadz ThreadConstructr v3.0 Gamma?

I’m not one of the people who’s all outraged over this decision, merely slightly puzzled by it. Because, it might have been a joke forum, but in my view it was actually a well written one.

I think the worry about buildr scores is overblown as well. It’s going to affect most of us who submit forum ideas regularly, so everyone’s in the same boat. It’ll just lead to slightly fewer submissions while people build their scores back up. (And yes, I’m one of the people who’s going to be hit reasonably hard by this).

Samildanach

Level 34 Hacker

HuGGleS4EVerYoNE Posted:

As I said in the other thread though, what’s the difference between this and Battlethreadz ThreadConstructr v3.0 Gamma?

... one of them is a metajoke about ForumBuildr as a whole, one of them is a joke about a single player that is currently “famous” among ForumBuildr players? Alternately, one could say that it’s a joke about all the people who **** about the single player, but either way, I find it hard to believe “a forum about a facet of the game we’re all playing” is seriously “the same” as “a forum about hating a guy who’s currently winning a lot at the facet of the game.” Longevity, if nothing else, should set them apart.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!