Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Flamebate changes: Official Feedback Thread

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

In the new anonymous forum, could you try to better distinguish between posts?

Also, in the rp forums, the green of the outer border sort of clashes with the blue of the posts. Maybe if you could tone up/tone down some of these colours?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Didn’t bother reading thread so there may be repeats.

To much space to the left, allows for the RP forum to be moved over a bit.

Can’t you just replace our names to Anonymous, and the avatars to white in the anonymous forum? It would look better that way.

Overall, switch back, or give us the option to switch back to old style. kthx.

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Overall, switch back, or give us the option to switch back to old style. kthx.

This. Or at least the option to not have the dual screen.

GGH

Avatar: 105218 Tue Feb 17 15:32:24 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Are you insane?

This new “layout” looks horrible.

JacktheStrip-
per

Avatar: 89701 Thu Jan 29 03:42:48 -0500 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Bashy Posted:

What we’re still missing is the all-important Random ****pile forum: a forum in which any topic and language and most behaviors are acceptable. I think such a forum should be created and plopped right on top of the list, or directly underneath Whiny ****es and Klan Talk. As it is, if we follow the descriptions — if I want to use bad language, offensive speech or basically attack someone without necessarily roleplaying — the only things I can do are whine or post about the game or roleplay to some extent. My only option is to go to the IRL discussions and be very careful with my content. A Random ****pile, or perhaps Chaotic Hellhole, etcetc forum would fit nicely.

Ever heard of the troll-hole?

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Johnny Mac Posted:

Also it’s strange how it doesn’t fit in with the rest of the site at all like it used to, you’re browsing the site and you hit the Flamebate tab, it seems like you’re on a different site.

Plus this.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

CrinkzPipe Posted:

Can’t you just replace our names to Anonymous, and the avatars to white in the anonymous forum? It would look better that way.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Actually, why not have us all post as the Anonymous profile that we have in sTalk? It would make it look like a forum at least.

Or we could randomly post as any of the Enemies in any of the forums, differently every time of course, it would be a bit of a cluster**** but would help distinguish between where we are in the thread itself when everything looks much the same although it would kind of ruin the point of the anon.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Dunatis Posted:

Actually, why not have us all post as the Anonymous profile that we have in sTalk?

This.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

I like the new layout. Anon board is silly but still p cool. Good job overall, tho i do agree that it is a bit left-heavy. Maybe you guys could shift it to the right or stretch it out a bit?

Fingerz edited this message on 04/30/2009 6:55PM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Are you able to make the main ‘Flamebate’ page auto-refresh every few minutes?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

After I adblocked the ugly cartoon banners, I no longer have an easy way to switch between RP and non RP forums. A link on the page somewhere would be nice.

The red flashing 9000+ text, calling attention to spamming threads, is a bad idea.

Rickets page width script fixes the wasted whitespace issue for larger monitors.

Font may be a little too small, but I’m always changing the font size throughout the site for different reasons, so not a particular issue for me.

And just adding to the vote, I don’t care how old a thread is, provided they’re sorted in chronological order. I do care who the last poster was, and it’s what will decide whether I read the thread or not.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 04/30/2009 10:48PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

After I adblocked the ugly cartoon banners, I no longer have an easy way to switch between RP and non RP forums.

There are links at the bottom of the active topics to the appropriate boards. Or you can bookmark them. But don’t expect changes because you chose to use a 3rd party product to prevent using the site as designed.

Generic Raci-
st

Avatar: 113010 Sat Mar 28 01:20:15 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

i'm a dirty fine upstanding member of society myself lulz

i like the split i got banned a few days ago for trollin in a thread that i didn’t know was gd. now it is easy to know, and knowing is half the battle!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

MC Banhammer Posted:

There are links at the bottom of the active topics to the appropriate boards. Or you can bookmark them. But don’t expect changes because you chose to use a 3rd party product to prevent using the site as designed.

Implicit in my suggestion was the observation ‘Banners are ugly and take up too much space’

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Generic Racist Posted:

i like the split i got banned a few days ago for trollin in a thread that i didn’t know was gd. now it is easy to know, and knowing is half the battle!

Excellent point. It should cut down on unintentional (such as yours) and *ahem* ‘unintentional’ *ahem* trolling (not pointing fingers) in Civil Discussion.

Acid Flux edited this message on 04/30/2009 11:51PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

The split is great. The image for “Civil Discussion” is not as clear as the “Role-Playing” one

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Acid Flux Posted:

Excellent point. It should cut down on unintentional (such as yours) and *ahem* ‘unintentional’ *ahem* trolling (not pointing fingers) in Civil Discussion.

You don’t honestly believe this do you? This won’t prevent the people meaning to troll/accidentally posting in wrong forum. All you are doing is making the text bigger, if they couldn’t give a **** to read before, they won’t now. Bad changes, made in a burst of “lol I have a good idea” with no user feed back just like 80% of everything else on FWZ.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 05/01/2009 2:26AM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I didn’t backread this thread, so my bad if other people said what I’m about to:

THE DISLIKES

-I really don’t like how the active topics don’t show who made the thread or posted in it last.

-I really don’t like how the anonymous forum shows up in the active topics

-I really don’t like the big bum white gap on the right of my screen now

-I think instead of dividing the forums like this you should instead come up with much clearer rules and put flamebate back to how it was. I don’t think the issues were so much “I didn’t know this was nonRP” as much as they were “I am not clear on a few specific rules”

-Flamebate no longer feels like Flamebate. Give me and option to revert to the old one please.

THE LIKES

-With the above said, the clear division of RP and nonRP is a decent idea that will help some (not me)

-the logos are cool

-I can appreciate that changes are being made to address problems (even if I don’t like the changes)

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

FAIL Posted:

-I really don’t like the big bum white gap on the right of my screen now

Install this hastily made Greasemonkey script.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Thanks for the script Ricket. Log in to see images!

Has it been suggested that there simply be a bumon made that allows users to select the old style? This change has completely eliminated the ability for those temporary “fooled you” threads like http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/13348 (which was considerably more entertaining before the OP changed his character name – he used to be BINGEBOT_2015) or http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/8369.

Honestly, one would think that with 7 active mods a very simple update and consolidation of the Flamebate rules a lot of time could have been saved.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!