Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Flamebate changes: Official Feedback Thread

notameme

[9 VIBRATING bumPLUGS]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Peregrine Posted:

Just to clarify how it doesn’t work, the flamebate scroller, when used with these new forums, will limit any post longer than three lines to having a scrollbar, making it so one must scroll just to read the fourth line of a post.

In the Script, remove the ”.” from ”.body” like this :

$$("body").invoke("setStyle", { display: "block", maxWidth: (screen.width - 280) + "px", maxHeight: "800px", overflow: "auto" });

this needs some testing, but works for me.

EDIT: Disregard this, i suck Log in to see images! notameme edited this message on 04/30/2009 1:57PM

JacktheStrip-
per

Avatar: 89701 Thu Jan 29 03:42:48 -0500 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Evil Trout Posted:

Implemented in RP forums!

I Log in to see images!

cya

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

Any way to make the thread width fit the length of my monitor?

Its leaving half of my screen blank.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Fortunato Posted:

Also don’t like klan forum font.

Secret forums are no longer shown in the RP style (although signatures are visible.)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Chawin Posted:

Any way to make the thread width fit the length of my monitor?

Its leaving half of my screen blank.

I have the opposite problem, it’s running off the edge of my screen.

notameme

[9 VIBRATING bumPLUGS]

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Seems like my evil Pagestretching got fixed just now…

your Developers sure are quick.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

They both approved the look Log in to see images!

For the record, I was anti-Comic Sans, but was willing to let the community howl about it.

The color scheme has to be reasonably neutral to be readable, but if others have ideas in mind, I’m willing to look at it.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

I think the old flamebate version automaticly adjusted the thread width. Can this be done with the new version too?

The Baroness

Avatar: 111827 Sat Apr 25 22:25:53 -0400 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I REALLY MISS INCIT, LOL

Would like to able to see who started and posted last in the active topics.

Would like the klan forum to be easier accessible, like in the spot Wylin suggested.

Don’t see why we need an anonymous forum, but whatever.

I like the option to switch to role-playing and back.

I like the general feel of the colors and such.

I’m sure it will take some getting used to, but it’s a p nice improvement overall.

EDIT: ok, I seriously don’t like the dual screen. It’s confusing and could have been avoided by just being able to switch from this to this with that switch bumon.

But people are already making a Greasemonkey script for that or so I heard.

The Baroness edited this message on 04/30/2009 2:19PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I would rather see who last posted in a thread, than how long has pbumed since the last post.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

was Posted:

I would rather see who last posted in a thread, than how long has pbumed since the last post.

seconded

The Raven

Avatar: 93088 Thu Jan 01 19:28:12 -0500 2009

Level 14 Emo Kid

“Crybaby”

I am of mixed feelings about the newly added post scrollbars; Although it is nice to be able to skip endless ****posts, I will miss the ability to post 2300 blank lines of spam in topics I don’t like.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I made the secret forums a little smarter.

If you don’t have any, the link won’t appear.

If you have exactly one, the text is “Secret Forum” and will throw you into it.

If you have more than one, mousing over will give you a list.

Bashy

Avatar: 97127 Tue Jan 06 09:47:16 -0500 2009

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

platypus.

I’m really impressed by the new changes. Things are so much clearer and more intuitive now, and this will surely lead to a lot less confusion and, as a result, better discussion. The look is good, and there’s still room to make slight adjustments to fit the feel of the game better if necessary, without having to do a complete overhaul. What I’m looking at, here, pretty much lets me know the FWZ staff are listening well to user feedback and criticism. In this thread itself, the rapid adjustments are nice to see, too, and bumhurt-free. Awesome.

I mostly agree with what people are saying so far, such as that being able to see the last poster in the Active Topics somehow would be useful, though I realize it’d be hard to make fit. Some option perhaps to adjust for bigger screens seems to be a popular idea, too, as does some sort of option to swap between viewing styles.

I also agree that the Klan-Only and Secret forums need to find a much more obvious location. Having them plopped by the nav bar and options is strange to say the least. Perhaps adding another slice on the way bottom of the screen, since secret would lend itself just fine to scrolling down a bit? I realize this isn’t applicable, but you also need to, after this is all done, add Klan-Only IDC chats to the game, and this secret section would be a good place for a navigation or click-through to such a thing.

For now, I only have some minor suggestions.

In the list of Roleplay forums, GOTO 10 should be moved above Klan Talk, so that all of the individual clbum forums are grouped together. As it is, Klan Talk separates the hackers from the rest of the bunch. Anonymous should probably come directly at the end of the clbum forums.

I think you should reconsider the description of Whiny ****es, since it both calls it a “Free-For-All Forum” and “Whine about the game here.” Is it a place I can post any topic at all, or just game-related? I suggest it be clearly described and/or repurposed as “Whine about anything game-related here” only.

As for General Roleplay, as it is, I think few people use it as a place to truly post in their clbum’s spirit, and instead treat it as an “anything random” forum. You might want to better enforce the roleplaying thing, along with the next suggestion.

What we’re still missing is the all-important Random ****pile forum: a forum in which any topic and language and most behaviors are acceptable. I think such a forum should be created and plopped right on top of the list, or directly underneath Whiny ****es and Klan Talk. As it is, if we follow the descriptions — if I want to use bad language, offensive speech or basically attack someone without necessarily roleplaying — the only things I can do are whine or post about the game or roleplay to some extent. My only option is to go to the IRL discussions and be very careful with my content. A Random ****pile, or perhaps Chaotic Hellhole, etcetc forum would fit nicely.

That’s all I have to say for now. Everyone else seems to be coming up with good ideas for tweaks and adjustments, and the general attitude and lack of ego or hurt feelings seems to be having everyone working really well together, and changes happening rapidly and for the best.

Awesome job. Keep up the good work, ****es.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I like the division, I never EVER looked at what was roleplay or not before but now I pretty much have to.

Having the images at the top telling me it’s Civil Discussion or Role-Playing is going to get old fast, I’ve already navigated the specific section and it’s color coded so I wonder how necessary it is, at least with the images.

As far as color is concerned, why not offer a few different color schemes that we can choose ourselves in options? One set for each side and once one is chosen for one, you cannot have it on the other. A simple way to please a whole lot more people, well, beyond it’s implementation.

Moving in a good direction though!

Edit:

A way to widen the screen would be great, it seems so compacted on my monitor with almost half the screen wide open.

Someone mentioned the Secret Forums, I vote we have it with the other sections with twinkling lights and flashing arrows pointing out how secret it is.

And to Bashy, I’d meant to throw it out at some point, but how the hell does one even roleplay a Hacker? Unlike all the other clbumes, there is no hard and fast personality type, the best you can do is call out your own physical and social inadequacies to go with the stereotype but otherwise as close as you’d get is being a male reproductive organ which is already taken by Trolls, whining about being alone which is the Emo, or showing off your Hacking skills which is somewhat Camwhorish. Are they the Omni RP Clbum?

Dunatis edited this message on 04/30/2009 3:28PM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I don’t mind the thread width too much, it’s annoyingly thin on my monitor but all the information is still presented. It’s much worse on the split view, where thread titles longer than about 40 characters just get cut off. They wrap on the Civil/RP main boards, and the display only takes up 2/3 of my widescreen monitor. There are solutions!

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

I honestly don’t like it. The premise is good, as is the new way of distinguishing between Non-RP and RP, but I like the old theme better.

The only thing that I would want changed about this theme would be to either stretch the posts across the page, or center the posts to the middle. It’s really ugly right now >_>

Also, add two more columns to the “active threads” boxes, Thread Creator and Last Poster.

Kilroy edited this message on 04/30/2009 3:44PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

There are a lot of different font sizes going on. For instance, when I make a reply here, the word Reply above the text box looks smaller than the word Body just above the emote box. Also, the text in polls is a lot smaller than the text everywhere else.

Also, on the main split page, the header text for “Active Topics Posts Last” is smaller than the text for the topics themselves.

The header color (some kind of bright blue) in the klan forums aren’t really consistent with anything else on the rest of the site.

plk edited this message on 04/30/2009 4:36PM

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

plk Posted:

There are a lot of different font sizes going on. For instance, when I make a reply here, the word Reply above the text box looks smaller than the word Body just above the emote box. Also, the text in polls is a lot smaller than the text everywhere else.

Fonts are a bit funny, but not extreme differences for me.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I’ve warmed up to it, the thing I really don’t like is just the feel of it, the colors and the little comics at the top.

Also it’s strange how it doesn’t fit in with the rest of the site at all like it used to, you’re browsing the site and you hit the Flamebate tab, it seems like you’re on a different site.

Johnny Mac edited this message on 04/30/2009 4:44PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!