Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News DOMINATION THEME WEEK: April 22

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

3 scoops makes solo raiding worthless again. 239 scoops and 10 cards and we’re only on day 3?

How’s progress coming on splitting solo vs raiders, anyway?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

3 scoops makes solo raiding worthless again. 239 scoops and 10 cards and we’re only on day 3?

I’m kinda agreeing with this, actually. Brainfreze had a 252 scoop raid last night – after losing scoops for overpwning or dropping to some number lower than 11… and we had 31 unused visits in the raid. That’s at least 93 scoops more just on unused visits.

And the monotony of it… holy crap. Waiting for forums to fall sucks bum. Using an enabled alt pretty much screws that alt over for the week. There’s got to be a better way to make raiding fun without completely ****ing over the solo players.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Well, klan raiding takes quite a little bit more effort than solo raiding so I think it’s quite justified if it is more powerful. As long as it’s not too powerful, like 1000+ scoops advantage.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inertia Posted:

Well, klan raiding takes quite a little bit more effort than solo raiding so I think it’s quite justified if it is more powerful. As long as it’s not too powerful, like 1000+ scoops advantage.

A good week with optimum visits can get three raids. bumuming perfect raids, that’s 1305 scoops each for 13 people. 1089 more than a solo player could get with the same number of visits.

Advantages should absolutely exist for klan raiding. The ability to completely bury any solo players shouldn’t.

Dolores Haze

Avatar: 88233 Fri Mar 13 00:20:37 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

spacekadt Posted:

A good week with optimum visits can get three raids. bumuming perfect raids, that’s 1305 scoops each for 13 people. 1089 more than a solo player could get with the same number of visits.

Advantages should absolutely exist for klan raiding. The ability to completely bury any solo players shouldn’t.

**** that’s a lot..

I’m glad I’m in a klan

Dolores Haze edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:17PM

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

The problem with making klan raiding more in line with solo raiding is that klan raiding is so long and tedious. My thoughts based on yesterday’s raid are to leave it at 3 per hit, but make it 24 forums instead of 12, and a max of nine people per raid. The theoretical max is 255 scoops, but would probably be a good deal less in practice. There would be less wait for forums to fall with 24 held, and more skill in keeping 24 with nine people than 12 forums with 13 people.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

I think as long as it’s not like this all the time, things will be fine. If you’re near the end of a long streak, and you’re a solo player just don’t run any visits during raiding week, like I’m doing this week.

If there’s a theme week in the rotation that gives raiders an unbumailable advantage? So be it, but just let things go back to normal when the week is over. I think if it was like this all the time, I just wouldn’t play Dom.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:22PM

Melody Leigh

[Brainfreeze]

Level 47 Camwhore

“Loose as a Goddamn Goose”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I think as long as it’s not like this all the time, things will be fine. If you’re near the end of a long streak, and you’re a solo player just don’t run any visits during raiding week, like I’m doing this week.

If there’s a theme week in the rotation that gives raiders an unbumailable advantage? So be it, but just let things go back to normal when the week is over. I think if it was like this all the time, I just wouldn’t play Dom.

The way I understood this theme week was as a test for future raid changes to get klans raiding again. I could be very wrong, though.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I think as long as it’s not like this all the time, things will be fine.

Theme weeks are used to test potential permanent changes. That’s why this feedback is valuable.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

spacekadt Posted:

Geez, we already had this discussion when the changes were introduced. Such calculations don’t have any value.

I’m not going to do calculations, but it’s neededless to say that the number 1305 Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Catt although Posted:

The problem with making klan raiding more in line with solo raiding is that klan raiding is so long and tedious.

This is why I continually come back to “separate klan raiding from solo raiding”. I agree that because it’s long and tedious, and hard to coordinate, etc., there should be rewards. But that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t be an incentive for solo players to play; that knocks out a huge portion of the player base.

Separate the klan raiders from the solo players so solo players have a reason to play, and give klan raiders more medal opportunities.

But I’m getting tired of saying this every time klan raids become incredibly unbalanced in regards to solo raids. Since I’ve been saying it for, oh, forever, and it seems to keep falling on deaf ears Log in to see images!

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

spacekadt Posted:

And the monotony of it… holy crap. Waiting for forums to fall sucks bum. Using an enabled alt pretty much screws that alt over for the week.

Yes, but that’s a good thing – at slow turnover you have to push or it will take forever, at high turnover you will lose scoops. If raiders have to push they have at least a small disadvantage compared to solo players (with alts).

Three scoops is to much but two scoops and a slight reduction of the number of participants should balance it. But every account should only be able to raid with one alt every week.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

It would also be nice if klan raiding were a realistic option for people in smaller klans. Letting alts in to the raid but keeping the same cap on characters would make it a more viable option for people outside of the two biggest klans in the game.

Dolores Haze

Avatar: 88233 Fri Mar 13 00:20:37 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Amasius Posted:

But every account should only be able to raid with one alt every week.

hold on, why so?

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

MC Banhammer Posted:

But I’m getting tired of saying this every time klan raids become incredibly unbalanced in regards to solo raids. Since I’ve been saying it for, oh, forever, and it seems to keep falling on deaf ears Log in to see images!

It’s because your suggestion is bad. It’s as easy as that. Log in to see images!

Why? First of all, because the result would be that it would be a strategical decision if you klan raid or not. I doubt that the “fun aspect” would have too much influence, the question would rather be if you feel like you have better chances in medalling with or without klan raiding. And, thinking one step further, my bumumption is that the amount of klan raiders would be rather small due to various reasons, one of them simply being that solo raiding takes way less effort. And also because solo raiding actually doesn’t leave any space for “randomness” such as a competing klan simply earning more scoops in its klan raid than your klan (e.g. because you have less active people). I would feel much saver to get a medal in a solo bracket if I’m on the very end of my streak (because, let’s face it, a good player maybe loses about ~10 Log in to see images! FalCoN edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:39PM

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Dolores Haze Posted:

hold on, why so?

Raiders have a huge advantage compared to solo players. To balance this the advantage should at least be restricted to one alt. Theoretically you can raid with 5 alts three times a week and then solo player will always be in brackets with an overabundance of klan vanilla and no chance to compete.

Amasius edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:40PM

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

FalCoN Posted:

Geez, we already had this discussion when the changes were introduced. Such calculations don’t have any value.

I’m not going to do calculations, but it’s neededless to say that the number 1305 Log in to see images!

150? You realize we got 252 scoops last night just in vanilla? With Neona’s script it’s very easy to keep your streak and with almost every forum being 2 hits per thread, the vast majority of those being one hit – run your raids when we did last night with the *slow* turnover and you don’t lose your lemons anymore either. We’re expected to hold 12 out of almost 100 forums.. raiding is nowhere near as difficult or quick as it used to be.

Amasius

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Falcon, if I’m not mistaken the GGM raid was disrupted by BoD, right?

FalCoN

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

I bumumed that the objective was to get more klans into raiding than just Brainfreeze, GGM and Board of Ricket.

Yeah, our raid got disrupted, but I took that into account. Even if we use 250 Log in to see images! FalCoN edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:43PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

spacekadt Posted:

We’re expected to hold 12 out of almost 100 forums.

Think I might have mentioned this before as well. The number 12 comes from way back when Dom was first introduced, when there were ONLY 12 forums available. Yes, it was before Ep2 and before forumbuildr. You had to pwn every single forum in order to get klan vanilla.

Why that number hasn’t been adjusted when 1) the player base has grown so much larger and 2) the number of forums has increased 900%, boggles the mind.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!