Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News DOMINATION THEME WEEK: April 22

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

FalCoN Posted:

It’s because your suggestion is bad. It’s as easy as that. Log in to see images!

Out of curiosity: Have you ever tried playing as a solo player, and fallen into a bracket with a klan raider?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

MC Banhammer Posted:

Think I might have mentioned this before as well. The number 12 comes from way back when Dom was first introduced, when there were ONLY 12 forums available. Yes, it was before Ep2 and before forumbuildr. You had to pwn every single forum in order to get klan vanilla.

Why that number hasn’t been adjusted when 1) the player base has grown so much larger and 2) the number of forums has increased 900%, boggles the mind.

I think you have… at least someone has. Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

As a solo player, this discussion is very relevant to my future as a dom player.

I really agree with MC Banhammer that the formula for how raids work need to be adjusted; not just adjusting the number of vanilla it gives.

Like, maybe instead of 1 vanilla per 12, do like 4 per 25 forums held or something.

Catt although

Avatar: 46806 2022-11-29 03:06:42 +0000

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Last Catt Standing

MC Banhammer Posted:

Think I might have mentioned this before as well. The number 12 comes from way back when Dom was first introduced, when there were ONLY 12 forums available. Yes, it was before Ep2 and before forumbuildr. You had to pwn every single forum in order to get klan vanilla.

Why that number hasn’t been adjusted when 1) the player base has grown so much larger and 2) the number of forums has increased 900%, boggles the mind.

Yes, and this is bad two ways, as it makes raiding a)easy and b)slow and dull

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

MC Banhammer Posted:

Out of curiosity: Have you ever tried playing as a solo player, and fallen into a bracket with a klan raider?

Of course. (That makes no sense due to regular changes.) It doesn’t make much of a difference anyway, the more interesting aspect of a klan is to have someone to take care of this (150 scoops -> 15 bumhole Cards -> ~120 scoops). And there is no way you can avoid this in “non-klan-raiding brackets”.

FalCoN edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:56PM

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Whoa, that was a weird double post.

Shii edited this message on 04/24/2009 12:55PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Isn’t that why the bumhole card was increased to 10?

In any case, with the game just not having that many active players, I don’t know why klan raids are designed to be inaccessible to all but the biggest klans.

Shii

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

plk Posted:

Isn’t that why the bumhole card was increased to 10?

In any case, with the game just not having that many active players, I don’t know why klan raids are designed to be inaccessible to all but the biggest klans.

I definitely agree with this.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

FalCoN Posted:

Why? First of all, because the result would be that it would be a strategical decision if you klan raid or not.

Isn’t that, simply put, a good thing? Doesn’t “more strategic decisions” = “more interesting gameplay”? Plus, it’s self-regulating. If it’s super easy to win medals in the klan raiding brackets, people with the wherewithal to raid will gravitate to those, increasing competition, making medals harder to get. If it’s easier to win medals in the solo raiding brackets, the klan raiding brackets will clear out until it’s easier to win medals there.

I think this sounds like a very good thing.

EDIT: Not only that, but if there were a number of Dom Leagues with different sets of rules, that would be an easy and organic way to identify what needs tweaking (as in “people seem to like x”, “people seem to dislike y” ). I don’t see the downside in this.

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 04/24/2009 1:25PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Amasius Posted:

Raiders have a huge advantage compared to solo players. To balance this the advantage should at least be restricted to one alt. Theoretically you can raid with 5 alts three times a week and then solo player will always be in brackets with an overabundance of klan vanilla and no chance to compete.

but that also means my alts will have no chance to compete with klan raiders in its bracket. so i can only compete with one alt per week? all my alts should be equal imo

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Inertia Posted:

but that also means my alts will have no chance to compete with klan raiders in its bracket. so i can only compete with one alt per week? all my alts should be equal imo

If you don’t raid with your alts they are equal. Log in to see images!

And of course this discussion is about how solo players (or alts without klan vanilla) are able to compete with raiders. Raiding should give an advantage but not kill the competition. If 5 alts are allowed to raid raiders would just flood all upper brackets with their alts.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

But it’s somewhat comparable now. Could use a few nerfs here and there (maybe making it give 2 scoops and give it a chance of, say, 30%, to give 3 scoops), but it’s only a little shade of what klan raiding was in the past.

TBH in my view, people who are whining saying it gives too much of a disadvantage would also whine if they lost to someone by soloing because the winner had a bigger streak than his.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Fran Posted:

TBH in my view, people who are whining saying it gives too much of a disadvantage would also whine if they lost to someone by soloing because the winner had a bigger streak than his.

I wouldn’t. I’ve been whining about this since LONG before streaks became so imbalanced. That’s a different story.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Catt although Posted:

The problem with making klan raiding more in line with solo raiding is that klan raiding is so long and tedious. My thoughts based on yesterday’s raid are to leave it at 3 per hit, but make it 24 forums instead of 12, and a max of nine people per raid. The theoretical max is 255 scoops, but would probably be a good deal less in practice. There would be less wait for forums to fall with 24 held, and more skill in keeping 24 with nine people than 12 forums with 13 people.

Whoa Good Omens is pwning all available forums right now…

I couldn’t believe it can be done..

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I think solo raiding is better… U can get 8 on 4 visits and 8 more on each successive visit… The only way raiding seems useful is if ur in the raid but not actually using the visits u have.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

I think solo raiding is better… U can get 8 on 4 visits and 8 more on each successive visit… The only way raiding seems useful is if ur in the raid but not actually using the visits u have.

Depends how selfish you are. It’s a tradeoff – you provide your visits for the good of all, everyone else does too. If you leech, you don’t get invited back, or the raid is just smaller and everyone else loses out by that many scoops. And you can solo within the klan raid to get 5 scoops per visit (3 + 2)

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Catt’s option of 24 forums with the three limit and nine people actually sounds very nice to me.

quantumenergy

[Everyday Regular N-
ormal Klan
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

So after this nice theme can we expect some changes for klan raiding coming soon? I would raid even if the scoop reward is just 2 instead of 3.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

why is this still stickied?

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inertia Posted:

why is this still stickied?

whatever do you mean? Log in to see images!

yeah, unstickied… thanks for the heads up

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!