Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay We shouldn't have to pay 3 when it comes out!

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Just FYI: Mods can’t check look at the BP spending history of a certain player.

Curunir

Avatar: 169189 Sat Apr 11 10:53:19 -0400 2009

Level 20 Hacker

“Buffer Overflower”

Why not make this a free upgrade for those who have already bought ep. 2, since they’ve already given their support for the game.. that would be good for me Log in to see images!.

Or, you could charge those who’ve bought ep.2 $5, $10 for both episodes individually, and $15 if people buy them together. That way, everyone would be happy

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

The point of giving Ep1 away was to get people interested, so that they would pay for the other content updates, so the company could, y’know, make money. I find it hard to believe someone can seriously claim that CZ should just give away content. Therefore…

male reproductive organ Liquor Posted:

Suggesting move to whiny ****es.

ar-

Avatar: 153979 Wed Mar 18 03:38:53 -0400 2009

Level 24 Camwhore

“The Lady is a Tramp”

Why shouldn’t we have to pay? It’s CZ’s game, they can decide to charge or not. Besides, they give you all the reasons to pay for it at the end of both episodes — it’s not to line their pockets, it’s to support the game.

God, go ask your Mom to borrow 10 bucks. Why don’t you cut the grbum for her or some ****? It’s not hard to make 10 bucks, even at a young age. By the time I was 15 or 16 I had my own bank account, which means that you can have your own bank card.

It’s not CZ’s fault if you can’t get the money together, and there are plenty of contests around that you can win BP off of. I know lots of games that don’t allow people to exchange in-game perks bought with real world money, so at least be glad for that, and if you really want to play, figure out a way to pay. You’ve got plenty of time.

MissSpock

Avatar: 142171 Mon Apr 13 17:28:34 -0400 2009

Level 25 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

7bp isn’t terribly expensive, and if you have a paypal account or a debit card, it’s not all that difficult to purchase them.

BloodyDemise

Avatar: 121820 2010-06-13 01:05:56 -0400

[Throne of Blood]

Level 60 Emo Kid

“Final Cut Pro”

Or if the problem’s a lack of credit card access (because of where you live, parental rules etc.) how about asking a friend to help you out and paying them back in cash?

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

KingGhidorah Posted:

I went through hell and back to get 7bp for ep 2 i don’t want to do the same for ep 3 when it comes out!

lol. i dont mean to troll, but i went through more hell than u did.

and because i did, I had enough BP to pay for ep2.

aka: if u spend time in the contest subforum, u get BP quite quickly.

————————————————————————————————-

also, cz has a right to charge for their own game on their site.

(bandwidth, 170k ppl playing the game, forwarding every tubmail as an email, etc. all cost a LOT of money when considered together)

————————————————————————————————-

also, i’m poorer than u r.

ghax edited this message on 04/22/2009 10:16PM

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Make ep.2 free when Ep.3 comes out, and give the ppl who BOUGHT ep.2 3 inches of peen.

We happy?

mystic_fart

Avatar: 13994 2010-01-09 02:26:13 -0500

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

CrinkzPipe Posted:

I think they have the story planned out.

Tbh, it would be smarter to release a “episode 2 and 3!” package for like 11 bp, ET also said he was thinking about making Episode 2 free when episode 3 comes out a long time ago.

Wait…making ep 2 free for those who didn’t pay for it? Doesn’t that shaft those that *did* pay for it? How about this: if you paid for ep 2, you get 3 free. If you didn’t, you pay the same price for 2 *and* 3 together. So no matter whether you paid for 2 originally or not, you pay the same 7 BP for both. (and I’m not gonna even get into how it’s not fair that those that started playing after ep 2 came out can play the hacker/permanoob clbum without paying for an alt, and those that started playing before have to pay for an alt to experience those clbumes. Oh wait, I just did.)

Bowtiedaddy

Level 60 Troll

“Grendel”

I’d rather pay a little money and keep getting new episodes than get one free and have them abandon the project. I paid a pretty small sum and was kept busy for a number of months. I think it’s pretty reasonable.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

They make content, they run servers. This costs money, so they ask for occasional contributions to stave off the cold death of bankruptcy. I don’t know how much they’re making over at CZ, or how much staving they have to do, but it’s a simple equation that if you want to get stuff you’re likely to have to pay for it.

As for bundle deals “shafting” those who paid for Ep2, not really – we got it earlier and paid for the privilege. A further episode coming out devalues the previous one, because CZ will want people to buy both and leaving it at full price would discourage that.

This whole thread is like someone who paid for SomeGenericFootballGame ‘07 demanding a free upgrade to SomeGenericFootballGame ‘08, and complaining at the idea that someone might be able to buy the older game for less money than they paid for it new.

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Economically speaking, I think the best solution for Episode 3 would be to simply bundle Episode 2 + 3 together as a 9 BP package deal, remove the 7 BP offer for Episode 2 alone, and to give free access to Episode 3 for those who bought Episode 2 beforehand.

This works for several reasons. For those who are new to Forumwarz, it’s going to take almost the same amount of effort to buy 9 BP as it is to get 7 BP, since it involves transferring the cash to PayPal and imputing the proper withdraw information. The extra couple dollars is going to seem like nothing if the buyer is given the impression they’re getting cut a deal – instead of paying 14 BP for both episodes, we’re discounting Episode 3 by 80%. Look at what we charged the people for Episode 2 and imagine if we charged the same price for Episode 3, that’s $20 USD right there.

For those who already bought Episode 2, they’re getting rewarded for supporting Forumwarz early on and won’t have to shell out more money. It gives incentive for people to buy their Episode packages earlier (for the ‘2 BP discount’ ) and put more money into Crotch Zombie’s pocket faster.

This pattern of withdrawing the older stand-alone episode and offering bundles can continue up until say Episode 7 (if there is one), which would cost 14 BP. At that point I’d say stop, because $20 USD is a “critical number” in human psychology. It’s a small enough amount to be spent like lesser bills, but at the same time it’s large enough to be able to pay for a lot of goods. Anything above $20 USD is going to feel like “a lot of money” even if a couple dollars difference actually means less than it does at lower levels of cash.

mterek edited this message on 08/03/2009 11:12PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

mterek Posted:

This pattern of withdrawing the older stand-alone episode and offering bundles can continue up until say Episode 7

That would be the potential flaw right there. Because currently, only 3 episodes are planned. That will wrap up the storyline. Anything beyond that would theoretically have to be a new storyline, perhaps with all-new characters. Only time will tell.

XpiK

Avatar: 156676 2010-03-25 16:17:40 -0400

Level 42 Camwhore

I have sex with fish!!!!

I won a contest or two, then I drew pictures for people for 1 BP each. Maybe you could do something like that.

It’s right here if you want to use it as an example. I don’t know if you can draw or write or etc., but if you have any service that people might be interested in, it’s worth a shot.

And yes, they have every right to charge for their game.

Just for the record.

XpiK edited this message on 08/28/2009 4:44PM

Magnusian Pr-
ime

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Well you could try buying ET or JB a beer. That’s how I bought ep2. May do it again for ep3.

Magnusian Prime edited this message on 09/04/2009 9:37AM

gimpnipples

Avatar: 204949 Sat Sep 05 13:42:35 -0400 2009

Level 8 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

KingGhidorah Posted:

We shouldn’t have to pay 3 when it comes out!

You dont have to, nobody is forcing you

sONic-GReMLiN

[WeChall]

Level 13 Hacker

“Ohacku”

While I really hat the whole “pay to play idea” I can’t really see any fault with CZ decision to have us pay, I mean maintaining, server (they aren’t cheap mind you) bandwith and legal fees is expensive enough.

also another thing most content that is added is almost always free if you only have to pay to add alts and episodes then well whats the big deal, besides there are frequent contest sure they aren’t the best but hey they are there.

on a side not whining about having to buy bp’s or begging for them is not going to get you anywhere, I learned that the hard way Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!