Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Leaderboard E-Peen now awarded by clbum!

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Some stripping is needed Log in to see images!

nashcash

[WeChall]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Yes, I do agree with most of what was discussed here already. And I plan to add some more thoughts from a relatively new player.

The reason I was not going for the leaderboards is that it gave me an impression that most stats would be unachievable. So, I had the surprise of my life when I found out that Permanoobs get their separate leaderboard and I see myself somewhere in the middle of the pack of most boards.

This actually encourages me to grind out some more since some goals are already attainable when a week ago I already resigned to boredom and decided to bombard Flamebate instead.

If this sounds self-serving, maybe it is. But the reason why I am still at it in the game is that I have not achieved some personal goals I set to myself, to name a few, the job boards and consecutive pwnd forums streak peens.

Regardless whether the leaderboards were changed or not, I would still be grinding til kingdom come until I reach Boiling Point and Chai as a Kite. It just gives me fodder that I also get a crack at the leaderboards as well (at least among Permanoobs). Take note, I don’t have EP2 yet so I am at a disadvantage since I have less number of forums to work with.

And getting cheap itembuildr stuff also helps. As for game balance, that is for CZ to deliberate since I also don’t have alts and I’m giving my full attention to this Permanoob.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Cross-posted from the Master Ball thread:

Evil Trout Posted:

We have already begun plans to add milestone epeens based on percentiles to most leaderboards. I hope this will mean the average player will have more fun climbing up to the next percentile rather than fighting for the ultra rare peen at the top. Jalapeno has already named the peens, so we just have to come up with images for them and I have to do a small amount of programming to the rollover.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

So, what will happen with the peens people got while their leaderoards were temporarily split by clbum?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

plk Posted:

So, what will happen with the peens people got while their leaderoards were temporarily split by clbum?

Those, unfortunately, are going to have to be castrated.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Those, unfortunately, are going to have to be castrated.

Then it’ll be unfair if those people were very close to the peens but they stopped going for them and there’s no chance to win now.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

I think this is relevant here. In regards to the Most Forums Pwned leaderboard being split by clbum, and the explanation for the split being along the lines of “permanoobs and hackers haven’t been around as long”. Post.

Ricket Posted:

I should point out here, that the hackers and permanoobs that currently top those clbum boards have visit totals that are impossible to achieve if the characters were created after Episode 2 was released. The explanation that makes the most sense, is that they were re-res prior to the release of Episode 2, and then selected their clbum.

If the goal here is to give characters created during Episode 2 a leaderboard, wouldn’t it make more sense to have a board for characters created during Episode 1, Episode 2, and any future episode, and then an overall board?

Ultimately, a split along clbum lines doesn’t make sense, as your clbum does not affect the number of forums pwned in any way.

Ricket edited this message on 04/24/2009 9:01AM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

While I agree that the initial split along clbum lines didn’t made sense in some areas, I’m boggled why a “fix” was not implemented immediately if it was going to be made.

Personally I was sitting in 2nd place on the most forums pwned board when they split. The split gave me the peen. Since then I’ve purposely skipped using almost 30 visits to allow other players a chance to pbum me and get the peen.

Perhaps, along with formal rule changes, it would be a good idea to announce game impacting changes somewhere besides a player made thread. Just a thought.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I completely agree with Lester. Removing the peens from people really screws over the ones who stopped going for it for a while as a result of achieving the peen.

kittiejenn

Avatar: 18080 2011-11-01 00:29:42 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 35 Emo Kid

So damn naughty it wraps back around to nice.

Shii Posted:

I completely agree with Lester. Removing the peens from people really screws over the ones who stopped going for it for a while as a result of achieving the peen.

This.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

kittiejenn Posted:

This.

Yeah, this.

And this one’s coming from someone who had NO alts benefit from the split.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

You really should have done it much earlier. Now it creates this problem..

But on the other hand if you don’t remove it there will be undeserving people with the peen and that just makes the whole thing look like a joke (in a bad way) and a failure imo. Seriously why did you even do it in the first place…made no sense.

I don’t know how you can get out of this mess.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Shii Posted:

And letting you keep them screws over the people who achieved those numbers right after you did, have since surpbumed you, and still don’t have the peens. I don’t see why a few people should get to keep “unearned” peens while the rest of us have to work for them.

plk edited this message on 04/24/2009 11:55AM

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

Also why still no leaderboard for re-res?

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

plk Posted:

And letting you keep them screws over the people who achieved those numbers right after you did, have since surpbumed you, and still don’t have the peens. I don’t see why a few people should get to keep “unearned” peens while the rest of us have to work for them.

That

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

I don’t see why a few people should get to keep “unearned” peens while the rest of us have to work for them.

Inertia Posted:

You really should have done it much earlier. Now it creates this problem.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Shii Posted:

This. And that comes from someone who was nowhere near getting a leaderboard peen, and probably never will be.

plk Posted:

The point is that they gave up the opportunity to continue competing on achieving the peen, to be fair to those who “achieved those numbers right after [they] did.” If they’d known they wouldn’t get to keep the peen, they would have kept trying, and would still be ahead of “the people who achieved those numbers right after”.

In other words, people who were trying not to be selfish are being punished for it needlessly.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Samildanach Posted:

The point is that they gave up the opportunity to continue competing on achieving the peen, to be fair to those who “achieved those numbers right after [they] did.” If they’d known they wouldn’t get to keep the peen, they would have kept trying, and would still be ahead of “the people who achieved those numbers right after”.

In other words, people who were trying not to be selfish are being punished for it needlessly.

I don’t believe that altruism had anything to do with it.

Also, I believe this post http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/524774 indicated that it was going to happen.

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

plk Posted:

I don’t believe that altruism had anything to do with it.

Also, I believe this post http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/524774 indicated that it was going to happen.

Alright. Forget altruism. If they were aiming for the peen, and hadn’t gotten it, for reasons of pure self-interest, they would still be ahead of those who “hit those numbers later.” Having achieved their goal, they stopped, while those who didn’t get the peen continued because they had to. Either way, those who achieved the peen and didn’t keep mindlessly grinding are being penalized for someone else’s poor decision.

As such things go, I’d say losing your peen is a bigger affront to a given player than someone else getting to keep their peen, so I would err on the side of letting people keep the peen they thought they’d already won.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Samildanach Posted:

Alright. Forget altruism. If they were aiming for the peen, and hadn’t gotten it, for reasons of pure self-interest, they would still be ahead of those who “hit those numbers later.” Having achieved their goal, they stopped, while those who didn’t get the peen continued because they had to. Either way, those who achieved the peen and didn’t keep mindlessly grinding are being penalized for someone else’s poor decision.

As such things go, I’d say losing your peen is a bigger affront to a given player than someone else getting to keep their peen, so I would err on the side of letting people keep the peen they thought they’d already won.

I don’t really agree with that. We can’t know that people who achieved those peens would have kept going for the overall leaderboard. They were specifically shooting for clbum leaderboard spots because they were much more easily attainable. So now they have peens, which they might have never gotten anyway, while the rest of us have to keep grinding and surpbum them by far in order to get the same reward.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!