Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature INCIT Flaws

Xylon

Avatar: 76994 2010-01-16 02:54:34 -0500

[Kappa Kappa Kappa]

Level 35 Hacker

Posting personal information is fun. Everyone should try it at least once.

I have noticed in the last few weeks that it is surprisingly easy to win in INCIT based on crowd manipulation and what not. Most of my wins are not funny or notable. I believe that to make INCIT better there should be some new rules or features added that enhance gameplay and help eliminate cheating.

* Show who voted for each winner.

* Do not allow overused submissions

* Remove INCIT wins from the hall of **** after they reach a score of -5

* Do not allow accounts that have not pwned a forum in the last 72 hours to participate in INCIT

* Restrict voting to characters level 4 and above.

* add an equation to make choco scoops easier to farm based on INCIT win streaks

these are just suggestions that I believe would make the game better.

Submitted For Your Approval,

Xylon

GGH

Avatar: 105218 Tue Feb 17 15:32:24 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I think this changes could improve incit.

Approved Log in to see images!

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Brackets are a good idea. Incit is too large. We need a tiered incit.

heirloom

Avatar: 47475 2015-07-17 09:14:26 -0400

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 8 Emo Kid

Hey this is Professor Commie PhD. I am a total **** stain.

I don’t play fwz for the game itself…I like to play incit and flamebate…I’ve also got almost 150 wins, so I’ve got to be doing something right, despite the fact that I don’tpwn forums =\

ZeeBest

[ZeeBests Klan of F-
ail
]

Level 21 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

I hardly ever pwn forums anymore. I more play for FlameBate and INCIT, but having to pwn a forum every 3 days would be easy. Even if it would get tedious.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Agreed except for the -5 rule. If people really hate any idea and downvoted -5 it’s gone…. then wouldn’t that add to your Hall of **** Votes since it’s now gone meaning there is no -5 sub there anymore? I know what you mean… but I guess it can work out like Forumbuilr score.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

You could employ Robot-9000 to make every entry original…

NLXXII

Level 33 Permanoob

“Shit-for-Brains”

[X] Show who voted for each winner.

[ ] Do not allow overused submissions

[x] Remove INCIT wins from the hall of **** after they reach a score of -5

[ ] Do not allow accounts that have not pwned a forum in the last 72 hours to participate in INCIT

[ ] Restrict voting to characters level 4 and above.

[x] add an equation to make choco scoops easier to farm based on INCIT win streaks

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

NLXXII Posted:

[x] add an equation to make choco scoops easier to farm based on INCIT win streaks

You have one good idea here…sort of

StarkJade

Avatar: 27559 2010-03-31 16:35:19 -0400

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Better Living Through Chemicals

I think brackets or teams are a great idea.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

How would “Dont allow overused submissions” work?

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

It does not seem like anyone in CZ still cares about further improving INCIT. Log in to see images! Here’s what should have been done ages ago:

– Add an (optional) sound notification when the submission period ends and voting begins.

– Decrease the submission period by approximately 20%.

– Show who voted for each winner. (Also helps to discourage dumpvoting.)

– Give people who voted for the winning submission one Log in to see images! scoop for every five votes.

– Award the winner of a round two Log in to see images! scoops instead of one.

– Restrict voting to characters level 4 and above.

– Prohibit people to enter the same submission to a photo more than once.

I also like the idea of having some kind of INCIT score and brackets/groups, eventhough this is not that easy to implement… and also there are not that many people playing INCIT for this to really work out properly. Not to mention that many casual players’ winning posters probably don’t get voted on at all.

However, you could consider a simpler system to filter INCIT (a highly inefficient one though). For example, you could have one INCIT bracket for all newcomers, one for all players who have at least ten wins and one elite bracket for the top 100. Maybe restrict the last one so that it is only available a few hours a day to make sure that it won’t be empty 24/7 (and allow the top 100 to play in the normal INCIT bracket, too).

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

signed

StrayNeko

Avatar: 122825 Mon Feb 16 13:17:09 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

CARAMELLDANSEN IDOLMISTRESS

if incit has a flaw thats getting abused for scoops, streaks equaling more scoops will only make the problem worse, your better off putting a daily cap on them.

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

FalCoN Posted:

– Add an (optional) sound notification when the submission period ends and voting begins.

– Decrease the submission period by approximately 20%.

– Show who voted for each winner. (Also helps to discourage dumpvoting.)

– Give people who voted for the winning submission one Log in to see images! scoop for every five votes.

– Award the winner of a round two Log in to see images! scoops instead of one.

– Restrict voting to characters level 4 and above.

– Prohibit people to enter the same submission to a photo more than once

signed everything xcept:

– 2 scoops for win and vote scoops are way too much with the current dom numbers (5 wins + couple of votes = over 10 scoops, which is like 7-10% of the average amount on round rotation)

– Prohibit people to enter the same submission to a photo more than once -> unfortunately that could be fooled too easily.

MicRo-BreAtH

[The temple of MicR-
o-BreAtH
]

Level 69 Permanoob

an god LOL

* Show who voted for each winner.

* Do not allow overused submissions

* Remove INCIT wins from the hall of **** after they reach a score of -5

* Do not allow accounts that have not pwned a forum in the last 96 hours to participate in INCIT

* add an equation to make choco scoops easier to farm based on INCIT win streaks

Just changed it a little bit, according to my own tastes Log in to see images!

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

You should show who voted for who that way you can call BS if people are rigging the game

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Inconnu Posted:

signed everything xcept:

– 2 scoops for win and vote scoops are way too much with the current dom numbers (5 wins + couple of votes = over 10 scoops, which is like 7-10% of the average amount on round rotation)

On short terms, you’re right, but you have to take a look at the whole effects of such a change. The result would be that the amount of people playing INCIT would significantly increase – with the obvious effect that winning a round would be not as easy as it is now. And in the end, you could still win about 10 Log in to see images!

StrayNeko

Level 35 Troll

if you want more people playing *whispers* cooler pictures, and less repeating pictures

StrayNeko edited this message on 02/18/2009 6:31AM

futhermocker

Avatar: 125126 Sat Feb 28 16:36:53 -0500 2009

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Troll

This user causes YOUR HEAD ASPLODE!!!

The problem with INCIT is not so much its design flaws, but rather as I find instead of voting for the most original/funniest poster, people most often just vote for whoever can come up with the most overused meme themes and somehow forcibly apply that to the poster.

Cases in point:

– poster is a picture of a woman: “GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN” theme *always* pops up, and it wins 75% of the time

– poster is a picture of a black man: it turns into a contest of who can come up with the most creative way to use the word “fine upstanding member of society”

– anything that even remotely resembles an animal: “furries”

– picture that shows a woman in bikini: “mammary glands OR GTFO” guaranteed to rear its ugly head (sadly this is how one of my entries won, I consider it an ironic win)

I could go on and give an exhaustive list but I’m too lazy. The worst part is I noticed these days there’s an increasing trend towards posters with the aforementioned things winning. Says something about the voters I suppose.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!