Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News THIS WEEK: Domination Changes

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

solo dom 7 scoops per.

First is build, second is balance.

Solo dom’s built at 8. Why not leave it there and balance after you see how the raid changes go? Is anyone really complaining about solo dom?

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

Solo dom’s built at 8. Why not leave it there and balance after you see how the raid changes go? Is anyone really complaining about solo dom?

Fine, so what’s the problem with allowing 13? 13 characters * 12 visits = 156 – 11 visits to pwn the first 11 = 145 scoops. This is basically double the 72 scoops a solo can earn. Looks perfect to me. With 10 you can only earn 109 scoops. Doesn’t seem like a big enough draw. How about we leave as is (8 solo vanilla, 13 raiders) and re-evaluate as needed Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

So if you klan raid you won’t DOMINATE your bracket, but you will have an advantage.

Just get rid of solo raiding all together then. If you really want to encourage klan raiding don’t allow solo raiding. I don’t understand why klan raiding has to earn more scoops than solo when the whole klan raiding mechanic is a scoop advantage in itself.

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

No matter how many changes we make, it’s obvious that klan raiding is the only way you’re going to truly be competitive in Dom. We’re trying to rebalance Dom, when the rebalancing of the main game is still screwy. I understand you’re really wanting to have this raid limit, but I would have loved to see what the alt limit would have done if the changes were properly implemented in the first place. Limit of 5 alts, only those alts could affect the forums pwned.

Instead of rolling all of these changes out at once, couldn’t we do it gradually, so we can more fully see how the changes affect Dom? Here we are, hours before the change, and we still don’t have a raid limit set in stone. It seems logical, in my opinion, that we should hold off on implementing it at this time. Maybe implement it at the same time we get the multiple raids?

BritishSeven-
fold

Avatar: 13869 2012-10-13 16:34:26 -0400

Level 69 Troll

fabulous person

Raid size will be limited to 13

So how will that be enforced?

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

BritishSevenfold Posted:

Raid size will be limited to 13

So how will that be enforced?

A hard-coded limit? If there are 13 members in a raid, no other members will be able to join.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Raid admins can end the raid at any time

One more very important question – does “raid admin” mean “klan admin” or “person who started the raid”?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

CaptainDDL Posted:

No matter how many changes we make, it’s obvious that klan raiding is the only way you’re going to truly be competitive in Dom. We’re trying to rebalance Dom, when the rebalancing of the main game is still screwy. I understand you’re really wanting to have this raid limit, but I would have loved to see what the alt limit would have done if the changes were properly implemented in the first place. Limit of 5 alts, only those alts could affect the forums pwned.

Instead of rolling all of these changes out at once, couldn’t we do it gradually, so we can more fully see how the changes affect Dom? Here we are, hours before the change, and we still don’t have a raid limit set in stone. It seems logical, in my opinion, that we should hold off on implementing it at this time. Maybe implement it at the same time we get the multiple raids?

As much as I agree with you I have two points as to why we will push all these changes today.

1) They are needed, evidence has shown that Alt abuse and Raid abuse both drastically affect the balance of Domination.

2) Programming time is hard to get and I’ll take it when I can get it. It’s taken a long time of planning and prioritizing to get these changes implemented, so I don’t want to hold up the process, who knows when I’d get the time again.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 01/28/2009 5:09PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

spacekadt Posted:

One more very important question – does “raid admin” mean “klan admin” or “person who started the raid”?

I believe any klan officer have the controls.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

BINGEBOT – you seriously need to remember that the majority of klan raiders are also solo raiders. Unless a day comes when clicking “Join Raid” excludes you from earning solo vanilla during the week klan raiders are getting klan raid scoops and solo scoops. Not the “I’m doing this in the raid” reduced solo scoops, the full 8 per visit solo scoops. Players are getting raid scoops as a benefit on top of solo scoops, not instead of solo scoops.

Laying out the math comparing the two is utterly pointless, since it bumumes that they are exclusive. They are not one or the other. That is why raiding needs to be toned down. Players are using raiding like antifreeze gambling. It is something they do in addition to running their normal visits and p loops. Raids wouldn’t need a bunch of special rules if clicking the “Join Raid” excluded klan raiders from earning solo vanilla, but it does not.

People are going to spin this all as much as possible to suit their own agenda, but the bottom line is that the number you are picking for klan raid scoop earning is what players will be able to get in addition to what they earn as a solo player. Laying it out like it’s a choice between the two options is pointless.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

scullyangel Posted:

BINGEBOT – you seriously need to remember that the majority of klan raiders are also solo raiders. Unless a day comes when clicking “Join Raid” excludes you from earning solo vanilla during the week klan raiders are getting klan raid scoops and solo scoops. Not the “I’m doing this in the raid” reduced solo scoops, the full 8 per visit solo scoops. Players are getting raid scoops as a benefit on top of solo scoops, not instead of solo scoops.

Laying out the math comparing the two is utterly pointless, since it bumumes that they are exclusive. They are not one or the other. That is why raiding needs to be toned down. Players are using raiding like antifreeze gambling. It is something they do in addition to running their normal visits and p loops. Raids wouldn’t need a bunch of special rules if clicking the “Join Raid” excluded klan raiders from earning solo vanilla, but it does not.

People are going to spin this all as much as possible to suit their own agenda, but the bottom line is that the number you are picking for klan raid scoop earning is what players will be able to get in addition to what they earn as a solo player. Laying it out like it’s a choice between the two options is pointless.

Are you saying that because you can get 1 solo vanilla while in a raid it’s not a 2 to 1 ratio? Or that I can leech in a raid and then do a solo run after?

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Or that I can leech in a raid and then do a solo run after?

Because of this.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Nicco Posted:

Because of this.

Well I could leech and do a solo run no matter what the limit is. The cost would be 12 scoops to everyone else in the raid. If they are happy to let you leech at the cost of them not getting the scoops then I don’t see how I can stop you. If the raid limit was 10, 11, 12 or 13 you can always have leeches that do this at the loss of scoops for others.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Nicco Posted:

Because of this.

Any good Domination raid kicks people who leech too much unless they have to do it for a specific reason.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

So basically it become a strategy choice for a player who needs extra scoops in their bracket, or a bonus for klan leaders or raid organisers, or simply for people who are good at persuading others to help them for nothing in return Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

scullyangel Posted:

Raids wouldn’t need a bunch of special rules if clicking the “Join Raid” excluded klan raiders from earning solo vanilla, but it does not.

Maybe it should. Why shouldn’t it?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Oh, please don’t misunderstand – I completely support all these changes.

I’m not saying the raid benefit shouldn’t exist, there should be a benefit. I still think it is a cool option that can be a fun klan activity.

I was just saying that when you compare a player getting 109 scoops or whatever to a player getting 72 for solo it implies that they are only getting an extra 37 (in a row? Log in to see images!) scoops. I think this is creating a false picture of how drastic these changes are. Effective raiders will actually be getting an extra 80+ scoops (deducting the non-contributing leeching people.)

We will simply need to wait and see if these changes offer a fair benefit or if it is too much or too little.

EDIT: If clicking “Join Raid” excluded the joining character from solo vanilla there would have to be a serious rethinking of the raiding reward vs the solo reward.

scully edited this message on 01/28/2009 6:38PM

The Sovereign

Avatar: 49617 2011-04-26 05:28:50 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The 72 for solo players is also a theoretical total. In reality it takes not only skill but a good deal of luck to achieve 72 in a solo raid. 64 or 56 are far more common.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Got a bug report that klan vanilla ain’t working. Anyone else having similar issues?

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Got a bug report that klan vanilla ain’t working. Anyone else having similar issues?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/24772

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!