Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumbuildr Voting

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

It defeats the purpose of having them disappear when they’re at -5 if you can go in and rescue them. That’d just invite klans to have downvote and upvote wars.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You guys might be interested in the new thread I just started about changes we plan to make to ForumBuildr. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our ideas.

UndeadPhallu-
s117

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Troll

People get ****y because I speak the truth. I'm actually awesome.

I’ve only ever gotten downvotes for all my ideas… it’s pretty frustrating.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I vote up for ones that fit in witht theme and down with one I feel don’t.

All my submissions get downvotes, so I don’t do it anymore. Hey, less submissions is good.

gdap

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

What the **** is up with people on the internet?

My brilliant ideas get large numbers of upvotes, and almost similarly large numbers of downvotes. Also, one of my best submissions was doing great, but I’d submitted it late in the week, so a couple of days later it just vanished. Ideas should stay up for x days, and not be penalised because of their submission position that week.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

mine almost always hover around zero or get voted out. pretty much equal among the two.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

gdap, it probably vanished because the weeks competition was over Log in to see images!

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

gdap Posted:

Ideas should stay up for x days, and not be penalised because of their submission position that week.

It’d be great if ideas stayed up for 24 hours from submission, regardless of score, and after that they’d disappear if the score was less than -5. This would help push the “wave of idiots” case out of the system.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I know that this is a bump, but this needs to be brought back. A new method of voting is certainly needed to avoid Faux News crap.

My proposal:You may either upvote something, pbum it, or report as crap. Reporting as crap does not effect votes. You must submit a reason that it is crap. A mod or amdin will check ideas called crap and delete them if they are. For instance, an idea called “agdagetawerawre” or “Upvote this please” would be called crap and deleted. Additionally, something is deleted if it does not recieve at least one upvote in a time period.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Big Brother Posted:

I know that this is a bump, but this needs to be brought back. A new method of voting is certainly needed to avoid Faux News crap.

My proposal:You may either upvote something, pbum it, or report as crap. Reporting as crap does not effect votes. You must submit a reason that it is crap. A mod or amdin will check ideas called crap and delete them if they are. For instance, an idea called “agdagetawerawre” or “Upvote this please” would be called crap and deleted. Additionally, something is deleted if it does not recieve at least one upvote in a time period.

I like how your proposal has nothing to do with Faux News, or anything at all. Gibberish ideas don’t get upvoted.

What really needs to be fixed is organized voting. Like at the start of last forumbuildr round, every forum submitted was being downvoted. It took out Alcoholics Unanimous, as well as every other idea that was carried over or submitted. I amused myself by refreshing the view voted by score page. 0, -1, -2, -3, -4… there was not a single idea that I saw get as high of a score as 2.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

My idea was designed to remove crap quickly.

Also, I note that controversial things people are likely to be split on (e.g. something humorous, but debatable, like political) tend to get low scores simply because about as many people downvote as upvote.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

My idea was designed to remove crap quickly.

That’s what the downvote bumon is there for.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Tarman Posted:

That’s what the downvote bumon is there for.

But unlike the crap report bumon, downvote can be exploited.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

But unlike the crap report bumon, downvote can be exploited.

Ah. So just so we’re clear, this has nothing to do with Faux News.

Marie Antoin-
ette

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I don’t see any point in asking for an admin to micromanage forumbuildr when it’s clearly been created to be self-managing. Every single entry would get reported as junk at some point, so then you want an admin rather than community vote to decide what stays and what goes?

ETA: Also, just think about how many entries there are per week when you take into account threads, enemies, etc. That’s a full-time job and I’m sure no one has any interest in taking it on.

Marie Antoinette edited this message on 06/16/2008 2:18PM

emotion_blee-
ds

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Ones i think are good, i vote up, ones i dont think are too great, i vote down. Some are sort of in the middle, i cant decide so i pbum on them.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Marie Antoinette Posted:

I don’t see any point in asking for an admin to micromanage forumbuildr when it’s clearly been created to be self-managing. Every single entry would get reported as junk at some point, so then you want an admin rather than community vote to decide what stays and what goes?

Even HIGHLY DERIVATIVE ones can’t be deleted. Only nonsense and spam submissions would get deleted. I’m bumuming that’s what the current -5=remove is for.

Marie Antoin-
ette

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Unless you have some way of controlling what people report as spam ideas, every idea will be reported as spam. People have different ideas about what constitutes a crap submission and then some will try to get their competition removed. Either way, it’s a bunch of unnecessary work for whoever would receive these reports when there’s already a mechanism in place for getting rid of spam: the downvote bumon. And if you really don’t like one submission, bring it up on the forum and I’m sure you can get a bunch of fast downvotes.

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

Big Brother Posted:

Even HIGHLY DERIVATIVE ones can’t be deleted. Only nonsense and spam submissions would get deleted. I’m bumuming that’s what the current -5=remove is for.

Nonsense and spam submissions already get deleted.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!