Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll Forumbuildr Voting

NEOJUGS

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

My question is what happens to suggestions that remain in limbo? I have two forum ideas (bumRAPE & mammary glands: GTFO) and both have remained in the 20 positive range for several days. I don’t think they’ll ever see the light of day.

RoadLord

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Nillo Posted:

Catapults that shoot ninjas that are on fire and throw guns that shoot swords that are also on fire.

On a more serious note, we could just find the abusers and block them from the creative aspects of the Forumbuilder. They can still play the created forums and look at the submitted content but are unable to vote on it.

Well, I don’t think EvilT actually has the time to block everyone who downvotes a lot from voting, etc.

I think that instead of ”^” and “V” bumons, there will be only ”^” bumon and an “x” bumon. On suggestions that you’ve read but didn’t like you’ll press X, that will prevent the idea from appearing again to you (you know, it’s random), and on ideas you like you’ll just vote up and everyone will be happy.

Also, Catapults that shoot ninjas there are on fire with chipmunks with diarrhea that are on fire shooting guns that shoot swords that are on fire.

And a robot who shoots Laz0rs.

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

NEOJUGS Posted:

My question is what happens to suggestions that remain in limbo? I have two forum ideas (bumRAPE & mammary glands: GTFO) and both have remained in the 20 positive range for several days. I don’t think they’ll ever see the light of day.

Good question — it looks like FAP is going to win this week hands down but what about next week? I admit the mammary glands:GTFO got my vote and a chuckle out of me but due to the overwhelming votes FAP currently has it seems pointless to submit any new ideas this week. I think Evil_Trout should weight in with what happens to good submissions that don’t make the cut.

Nillo

Avatar: 13243 2015-07-21 17:58:06 -0400

[COMPOSOLITION]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I suck dirty homeless guys male reproductive organs all night long

RoadLord Posted:

Well, I don’t think EvilT actually has the time to block everyone who downvotes a lot from voting, etc.

That’s what moderators are for. If the devs don’t have the time to kick abusers they should start looking for friendly well-meaning players who can do it for them. That is, unless they come up with a different way to solve the problem. Like removing the domination thing and Flezz payouts from the Forumbuilder altogether.

AiglosCelt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

In any case, something needs to be done. With the sudden influx of newbies, there’s been a lot of downvoting. Look at the current scores compared with the results for the last few forums: There are FAR fewer positive scores. I don’t think that’s a reflection of the quality either, since I’ve seen some damn good ones with negs D:

Makai Rythem

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I just vote for the stuff I like myself. Still a bit small on the douche side myself Log in to see images!

delta1238

[Facepunch]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Damn it, I found some really good ones with negative scores! How the hell?

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I upvote everything I like and downvote everything I don’t like. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to work?

Maybe there should be a middle option that counts you as having voted for the item but doesn’t effect the score, i.e. an “Okay” bumon.

Blackthorn

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

I wonder what the record is for number of votes on an item that is ultimately eliminated. My last avatar finally got kicked out with a -5 after a total of 111 votes. At least I got some chocolate scoops out of it earlier in the week.

Makai Rythem

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Submission question. I submitted something practically at the last minute and it got a -5 score. Is it still in Limbo, or do I have to refine and resubmit?

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

I think the general consensus is -5 and it’s dropped

AidsKitten

[ fazed]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

One thing they could do is take away the downvote option, and make it so if something doesn’t get voted one in a certain time period, it’s take off. I also think the idea of having an X bumon to hide the submission is a good one too.

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I upvote/downvote all the new forum ideas I see. I vote based on how fun I think they’d be to write posts/topics for. I don’t vote as much for forum content unless something really stands out.

Bubo

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Nillo Posted:

’s what moderators are for. If the devs don’t have the time to kick abusers they should start looking for friendly well-meaning players who can do it for them. That is, unless they come up with a different way to solve the problem. Like removing the domination thing and Flezz payouts from the Forumbuilder altogether.

My 2 cents on this matter is that the abuse takes place because this is an automated system. Any automated but unmoderated system that pays out any kind of advantage will be abused. I see two things that would help reduce the amount of abuse that is done on forumbuildr.

First, if the automated removal process is considered a necessity, then add a time or max vote factor into the removal process. Either give ideas a base time (such as 24 hours) for maximum review before automatically removing it from the system, or use a maximum votes condition so that the idea cannot be automatically removed until a certain number of votes have been recorded (preferably high enough to overcome a single clan or group of clans from continuing their abuse).

Second, why is the selection system automated? Having the most votes should not automatically move an idea into the next forumbuildr slot. Instead, have a dev (or moderator if devs don’t have time) review the idea list, with the number of positive votes being a key weight on the decision. Manual review ideas will show up blatant system gaming, and can lead to an audit to identify the troublemakers. It might still be advisable to auto-remove low score reviews (I’m not a big fan of auto-removal, but acknowledge that there might be a need) from public view, but leave the actual idea submission in place for the manual review.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I really think down voting should be removed from the system. I mean, I understand the intention, but people are just going to go around down-voting EVERY entry just for ****s-and-giggles. Kind of like when Ralph Nader raped Al Gore in the 2000 general election.

Anyway – I upvote things I like, and don’t touch things I don’t like.

ParadoxContr-
ol

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Yeah I kind of agree. Though I can see why they have a up and down voting system. They can’t host all the subs for things like Logos and Styles for a whole week, it probably eats loads of bandwidth. If it was time based you have to find a way to keep popular subs up, while removing subs that have gotten stale.

lycrashampoo

[b-tarded]

Level 40 Troll

“Hot Sauce in the Dick Hole”

bum_Leader Posted:

Well, this is a game about ****wads, why would you expect people not to behave like ****wads?

I dunno, no one I play Monopoly with ever acts like a racecar.

AiglosCelt

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

lycrashampoo Posted:

I dunno, no one I play Monopoly with ever acts like a racecar.

OH god I lol’d

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Much as the current system may be flawed, none of the suggestions here seem any less flawed. I guess we’re going to have to pick between trollable and simply unfair, and given that this is Forumwarz…

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

My preference would be to rate the submissions, not just Digg or Bury them (I mean, uh, we did not rip off that site in the least). But, coding that is up to the Fishy One.

I figure that way you could get a neutral vote, you can really boost the good ones, etc. I was thinking out of five stars (including half stars, what the hell).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!