Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Food Help me decide on a good breakfast, earn a BP!

Golden Delic-
ious

[The Protected]

Level 35 Troll

Jews: We're God's original trolls.

I’m kinda hungry, so I want breakfast. Right now since I’m going out of town, I didn’t go shopping for groceries so all I have in my fridge/freezer that could be considered food would be some frozen chicken nuggets and some unopened cheddar cheese. In my pantries I have various foodstuffs, condiments and food mixes, but nothing to cook a meal from on its own. So I ask you: What should I prepare for breakfast? I ask for sincere entries only please; cooking directions need not be given but if you provide adequate and appropriate instructions I will add in a second BP.

But wait! There’s more!

I have access to two convenience stores (one is a 7-11 which is already open, the other a citgo “handy mart” that opens in an hour or so), and I have $19 in my wallet as the rest is being saved for the whole “going out of town” thing. I can go to either store and spend a budget of that $19 dollars, so I need not subsist on chicken and cheese exclusively! No need to worry about drinks, as I have tea, V8, and water to choose from.

If there are no entries or no winning entries before breakfast-time has pbumed (around 10:30 AM EST), I will leave the contest open until I return Sunday afternoon and pick the best entry from that point for my Monday breakfast! So while I’d like to eat breakfast today, I can survive without one of my meals for the day.

So, 1 BP for the winning breakfast, and an extra BP if you include a recipe! Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I will recommend a substantial breakfast to give you a nice energy boost for your upcoming trip.

French toast and scrambled eggs with side of meat of your choice. (7-11 will most certainly have canadian bacon or ham of some sort in their little sandwich meat section)

Ingredients needed (shouldn’t be more than $12 unless you manage to find real maple syrup, which you won’t, but THATS OK THE WORLD WON’T END THIS ONE TIME):

1 loaf white bread
1 dozen eggs
1 small container of bumer, margarine or vegetable oil (whichever is least expensive is fine)
1 small package sliced ham (or bacon or whatever meat you'd like)
1 small container of syrup or powdered sugar 
(your choice - recommend getting small jar of jam or preserves if you go with the powdered sugar)

To make French toast:

Whisk 5 eggs (using a fork is fine) in a bowl.

Heat flying pan over medium low heat. Add a teaspoon of the oil/margarine/bumer.

Dip a slice of the bread in the eggs making sure it is completely covered, shake off excess egg.

Fry until golden brown, flip and brown the other side.

Add more oil if the pan gets dry between batches.

(You can do more than on piece at a time if your pan is large enough.)

5 eggs should be enough to cover 5 pieces of bread and that seems like a lot of French toast, but you probably have hollow legs, so if you want to make more go for it. Just remember if you use all the eggs you won’t be having scrambled eggs with it.

Give the pan a wipe with paper towel and toss the meat in to fry up. I like doing this first, since meat holds up better than eggs. Also the pan will have yummy meat drippings to fry your eggs in. Sandwich meat is pre-cooked, so just cooking to give it a little browning and heat it through.

While the meat is frying crack the rest of the eggs into the bowl. Whisk those up and as soon as the meat is done, into the pan with the eggs. Stir regularly, to keep the eggs cooking. They’re done when they look firm, but moist. (They don’t need to look dry even if you like them that way, they will keep cooking for about a minute after you take them out of the pan.)

Shred some of that cheddar cheese on top of the eggs if you like and top the French toast with syrup or jam/powdered sugar.

Ask yourself why you ate so much and lay back down to take a nap. Give any remaining bread to the birds outside, since it will be stale by the time you get back anyway.

scully edited this message on 01/08/2009 6:11AM

Geck

Level 9 Hacker

“Script Kiddie”

Simple, but good, quick, and cheap. Plus, everything you need can usually be bought at a convenience store.

Pancakes. (You will have to buy the mix, of course. Could also be cooked as waffles.)

Eggs. Eggs are always good with pancakes, and can be cooked any number of ways, in a matter of minutes.

Sausage or bacon. Most convenience stores usually carry them.

Toast. Self-explanatory.

Hash-browns. Sometimes, gas stations have them frozen.

I would recommend coffee or cappuccino to go with it.

Or, if all else fails, you can always use a trusty fall-back, which is what I usually do: Frozen pizza and an energy drink. A good standby no matter what meal you are having.

Cyan

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Oatmeal is healthy

Muffins … are delicious and are also taken as a breakfast meal

Toast with Eggs , a combo yum…

If your really like go for some Noddles / Ramen

Xemnas

Avatar: 90197 Sat Jan 24 23:38:00 -0500 2009

Level 22 Emo Kid

I miss generichaxor! I would be all up on his male reproductive organ if he wasn't banned!

four words, Apple-Maple Chicken sausage. takes 10 minutes

1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan

4 tablespoons bumer, divided

1 pound ground chicken breast

1 small McIntosh apple peeled and finely chopped

1/4 cup pure maple syrup, eyeball it

1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)

1 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it

4 jumbo/sandwich size English muffins, fork split

8 large eggs

Splash of cold milk

Salt and pepper

1/4 pound Cheddar, thinly sliced or shredded

Preheat broiler and preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon bumer. Mix chicken with apple, syrup, grill seasoning, poultry seasoning, cinnamon and nutmeg and score the meat into 4 sections. Form 4 large, thin patties and set into hot bumer and oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side.

Place fork split muffins on broiler pan and toast. bumer toasted muffins and reserve.

Heat a second nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of bumer in the pan. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper and scramble to desired doneness.

Pile 1 sausage patty, 1/4 of the eggs and Cheddar cheese on each of 4 muffin halves. Return muffins to broiler to melt cheese, 1 to 2 minutes, then set tops into place and serve.

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

I miss generichaxor! I would be all up on his male reproductive organ if he wasn't banned!

possibly breakfast pizza takes 10 minutes

* 4 eggs, lightly beaten

* 2 tablespoons bumer

* 2 (8-inch) pizza crusts (recommended: Boboli)

* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

* 2 cups shredded jack cheese blend (recommended: Colby)

* 4 fully cooked sausage patties, crumbled (recommended: Jimmy Dean)

* 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan

* 1 medium tomato, diced

* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Directions

Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Oil grate when ready to start cooking.

In a medium pan over medium heat, scramble eggs in bumer; set aside.

Lay out pizza crusts and brush each with oil. Top with eggs, cheese, crumbled sausage, Parmesan, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.

Slide onto hot oiled grill and cook, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and begins to bubble.

Serve hot, cut into wedges.

INDOOR: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare pizza as directed. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to bubble.

hurf de rijp

Level 4 Hacker

“BASIC”

pop tarts

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

just grab a pizza sub or two from 7-11

Golden Delic-
ious

[The Protected]

Level 35 Troll

Jews: We're God's original trolls.

Well, unfortunately no entries fit within the realm of doable or preferable before the time period, though I do have to say the best-sounding one was Xemnas’s Apple-Maple Chicken Sausage. Probably fattening as hell, but I was seriously considering it until I saw that you needed a broiler, which I do not own.

As stated before, the contest will continue until Sunday afternoon, at which point I will make my decision and award the 1-2 BPs.

Spirithound

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Omelette. 2 eggs, cheese, chopped green pepper. you know what to do.

Byczusiek

Avatar: 109645 Sat Jan 10 10:26:24 -0500 2009

Level 23 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Corn Flakes and milk. Add sugar. Lots of it. Don’t heat the milk up, it shall be COLD D:

Byczusiek edited this message on 01/08/2009 6:19PM

Endash

Avatar: 93351 Tue Dec 16 16:15:56 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 28 Hacker

“1337”

As a returning college student, I personally endorse these for a quick, satisfying breakfast or snack. Be careful who you bake these around, though, they leave a tantalizing aroma in whatever space you happen to be baking in.

I defy anyone else to post a simpler scone recipe.

Cream Scones

2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
OPTIONAL
1 TBSP lemon zest
1/2 cup chopped dried fruit

Instructions

Combine all dry ingredients.
Add cream (and zest and/or fruit, if using) and mix with a fork.
When a moist, biscuit-like dough comes together, flip out onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Press into a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick circle.
Cut into 8 wedges and pull triangles slightly outward to allow space for baking expansion.
Sprinkle any excess sugar on top and gently press into tops of scones.
Bake at 350F for 15 minutes, give or take five, until edges are golden brown.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

no excuses

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

so close to winning… well there’s this grilled sausage and egg sandwich

Grilled Southwestern-style Sausage:

* 4 cloves finely chopped garlic

* 1 pound ground pork

* 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder

* 2 teaspoons chile de arbol

* 2 teaspoons kosher salt

* 1 teaspoon ground coriander

* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

* 1/4 teaspoon ground great timesin

* 2 tablespoons finely chopped Mexican oregano

* 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves

Scrambled Eggs:

* 12 large eggs

* Salt and freshly ground pepper

* 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives

* 3 tablespoons unsalted bumer

Sandwiches:

* 4 bagels, split

* 4 slices Monterey jack cheese

Directions

Sausage:

Heat grill to medium. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, being careful not to overmix. Divide the sausage mixture into 8 (4-ounce) patties. Grill until cooked completely through, about 4 minutes per side.

Eggs:

Heat grill to medium. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and chives in a medium bowl. Melt the bumer in a 9-inch cast iron skillet on the grates of the grill. Add the eggs and stir until soft curds form. Remove from the heat.

bumemble:

Place bagels, cut side down, on the grill and toast until lightly golden brown, about 45 to 60 seconds. Remove the bagel tops from the grill. Turn the bagel bottoms over and top each with a slice of cheese and let melt, about 30 seconds. Top the cheese with a sausage patty and then divide the eggs among the patties. Top with the bagel tops, close the cover and just let heat through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

Xemnas edited this message on 01/10/2009 8:59PM

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

or this really easy tortilla breakfast roll

Ingredients

* 1 flour tortilla

* 1 tablespoon unsalted bumer

* 3 eggs, beaten

* Salt and pepper

* 2 scallions, sliced

* 1 tomato, seeded and diced

* 1/4 cup grated cheese

* Salsa

Directions

In a heated cast iron skillet heat tortilla and keep warm. Season eggs with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet melt bumer and pour in eggs. Stir in scallions, tomato and cheese and cook over medium heat until eggs are scrambled. Top heated tortillas with egg mixture. Spoon on salsa to taste and fold in half to serve

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Tylenol seems to be the breakfast of choice for ForumWarz.

Xemnas

Level 22 Emo Kid

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Tylenol seems to be the breakfast of choice for ForumWarz.

trolling?

Dr enjoy

Avatar: 112104 2012-03-16 08:25:32 -0400

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Here’s a nice recipe:

1)Take about 5 dozen eggs.

2)Put them in a bowl

3)Mix the **** out of them

And what do you get ?

male reproductive organ !

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Xemnas Posted:

trolling?

Telling it like it is.

Real breakfast suggestion: pizza. Hot or cold, it’s always the right choice.

Ulesoran

[Sonic Vegemite]

Level 69 Hacker

I'M A STUPID **** WHOSE OPINION DOESNT' COUNT

Two pieces of toast

Three pieces of bacon

Three scrambled eggs

A can of corned beef hash

A glbum of orange juice, no pulp

This is my ultimate breakfast, hopefully it will serve you well.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!