Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
FAQ Klan Forums are UNMODERATED

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If you have trouble with something posted in klan forums (for example, embedded shock), please contact your klan admins, not the Flamebate moderators.

Klan admins set the rules for their own forums. If they want to allow browser hijackers, embedded shock, etc. it’s up to them.

If you have a problem with something you see in a klan forum, bring it up to the administrator. They can invite a mod in there to clean up something they don’t like.

Please note that the above DOES NOT apply to illegalities: CP, loli, etc. Those are prohibited. If you see those posted in a klan forum, use the reporting tool. Moderators (me and tubs) can’t do anything about it, but we’ll bring it to ET’s attention for immediate handling.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

Are we the only klan being spammed to hell, or are there other klans affected by this?

COLGATE BLUE MINTY GEL

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

While there have been the odd reports here and there over time, currently, yes, it’s only you guys (7 vibrating doldoes) who are being affected — or rather, who are reporting it.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

drussthebritishbastard Posted:

Are we the only klan being spammed to hell, or are there other klans affected by this?

Nobody else is complaining directly to me about klan forum spam.

remember that klan officers allowed these people to come into the klans and post.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 12/02/2008 1:35PM

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/653647

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Our entire klan is officers LOL

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

I thought klan admins don’t actually have any moderating power.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Inertia Posted:

I thought klan admins don’t actually have any moderating power.

Did you read the OP?

They don’t.

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

They don’t, but they DO have inviting powers, which is what Tubs was alluding to. We invited douchebags, so fabulous personry was what we got on the boards, and we had noone to blame but ourselves for it. In other words, we deserved it.

Which is a somewhat valid point. I wasn’t offended by the spam at all, but I guess some other people took offense to it. Whatever.

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

MC Banhammer Posted:

We don’t care what happens in your Klan forums.

We don’t care if your Klan forum burns to the ground.

And we don’t feel like giving Klan owners the tools that they logically should be given to moderate their own forum either.

Even if you have a Klan that’s made of numbers and has no standards.

And this, my friends, is exactly why our klan has its own offsite forum.

http://falconfour.com/bumhurt-cinematic
learn to ****ing spel

Fingerz

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

He never said that…Log in to see images!

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Fingerz Posted:

He never said that…Log in to see images!

Well, it’s pretty much what I read… quite honestly I’m appalled that the mods are taking the stance of “we simply do not care” instead of “we should have ET give the owners the tools they need to do it themselves” – neither option involves the mods actually having to do any work themselves, but one is no help to anyone at all.

Even more so, I was quite shocked that Tubs was so upset at us for the inferior moderating tools given to them by ET, that they (as moderators) get slapped with the “haxx0rz” page, which is nothing more than a permission checker that mods shouldn’t even be bugged by. It seems that the blame should fall on ET, or not at all… either one is alright. Either the mods should just grudge along and take care of the reported Klan forum threads and whine at ET for making it so difficult, or not do it at all and complain to ET for not giving Klan owners the tools they need.

But the Klan forums are still part of the Forumwarz server and therefore fall under the same legalities as the rest of the site, as far as shock/illegal images, browser hijacks, etc., are concerned… and hearing mods whining about the lack of proper moderating tools is not something we as Klan members should be hearing about.

FalconFour edited this message on 12/02/2008 2:46PM

learn to ****ing spel

markchild

[Brainfreeze]

Level 51 Permanoob

“Noob-ian Prince”

Mods aren’t admins.

Suppose that not everything in my klan forum is for general consumption: Mods still play the game. I’m okay with keeping them out. As for why ET hasn’t given klan admins/officers mod powers, I bumume it’s because that’s not how the forums are coded and it’s a low priority issue, but I have no special knowledge about phpBB or ET’s reasoning.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

I’m appalled that the mods are taking the stance of “we simply do not care” instead of “we should have ET give the owners the tools they need to do it themselves”

We are doing no such thing.

I’ve asked ET for a long, long time to give klan admins tools to moderate their own forums. I’ve volunteered several times to enter klans for the sole purpose of stickying/cleanup, and many klans have taken me up on that.

There’s a legitimate argument against giving mods access to all klan forums (aside from the unwieldy list of forums we’d have to scroll through): we’re players of this game, same as you. If we’re working with one klan on, say, domination, why should we have the advantage of being able to see all other klans’ plans?

And yes, klan admins have always been allowed to allow things like shock images in their klan forums. If you don’t like it, leave the klan. Those forums aren’t under the same restrictions because 1) of the nature of the site, and 2) because no one will “stumble” across them.

So take your whining to Whiny ****es, and leave the Game Discussion thread for useful discussion.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

FalconFour Posted:

But the Klan forums are still part of the Forumwarz server and therefore fall under the same legalities as the rest of the site, as far as shock/illegal images, browser hijacks, etc., are concerned… and hearing mods whining about the lack of proper moderating tools is not something we as Klan members should be hearing about.

They may be part of the server, but they aren’t public. Illegal images (loli, CP, etc) are still illegal and SHOULD be reported. (remember to mention what klan forum it’s in if you find them and report)

Shock images, spam, and browser hijackers aren’t illegal and are only bannable in public forums.

MC’s dead on that it’d be unfair to give us ability to peer into rival klan forums as we both actively play domination. Maybe the ability to see only reported posts when linked to through the report tool would work.

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

I’m going to stop mid sentence because I just realized that forumwarz has become exactly what it started off parodying. A good number of the newer posters don’t see that we’re making fun of idiots and spammers and trolls that exist on other forums. They are the idiots and spammers and trolls we used to parody. I really can’t get past that right now but good work CZ I guess.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/653647

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

Maybe the ability to see only reported posts when linked to through the report tool would work.

I like that.

Also Klan admins having mod powers, but yeah.

SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE SIGNATURE

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Okay.

FalconFour

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

MC Banhammer Posted:

And yes, klan admins have always been allowed to allow things like shock images in their klan forums. If you don’t like it, leave the klan. Those forums aren’t under the same restrictions because 1) of the nature of the site, and 2) because no one will “stumble” across them.

Unfortunately there is one major key flaw in your reasoning, and it all always seems to come back to the one main point of my argument: Klan admins don’t even have the power to allow or disallow something in their klan forums. If someone posts something in their Klan forums, the only thing an admin can do is boot the person (and that’s what happens in our Klan). But the posts are there and the only way we can be rid of them is to report them to a mod, and where does that get us? Mods screaming “quit reporting posts, baww, it’s not our job!”. Well, sad to say, but at the moment, it is by default. Log in to see images!

Also, on a vaguely tied-in point, it’s also ridiculous that there’s a 255 character limit on the post reporting page. With that limit there should at least be a JavaScript limiter, or a character counter like Twitter, that tells you where you stand in your character count, otherwise it gets even more frustrating as you try to send a report and it keeps telling you that your relatively brief and concise message couldn’t be sent because it was longer than fwz likes it to be. But that takes a back burner to just giving Klan admins their own moderating tools.

learn to ****ing spel

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

FalconFour Posted:

But the posts are there and the only way we can be rid of them is to report them to a mod

Can you ****ing read?

Reporting them to a mod is not the proper way because the posts could be fine by the klan admin. It’s not your place to say what’s okay or not in a klan’s forum, it’s the klan admin’s job. If they don’t like it, they have the option to contact us and get it handled. If you don’t like it, you have different options.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Can you ****ing read?

Reporting them to a mod is not the proper way because the posts could be fine by the klan admin. It’s not your place to say what’s okay or not in a klan’s forum, it’s the klan admin’s job. If they don’t like it, they have the option to contact us and get it handled. If you don’t like it, you have different options.

What about klan officers/leaders/setter of rules/power behind the throne? Can we talk to you about it.. most of the time our leader is banned..

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Raepdog Posted:

What about klan officers/leaders/setter of rules/power behind the throne? Can we talk to you about it.. most of the time our leader is banned..

If the admin lets us know who their “moderators” are, sure. Otherwise you could just be someone trying to troll your admin.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!