Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Ties & Medals changes

Ronnie Blaze

[Board of Directors]

Level 36 Troll

Please Ignore me! Imagined popularity makes me constantly defend myself, even though no one cares.

The no Ties in Top Bracket isnt right, it should be for the top 3 brackets, since thats where most of the skilled dom players sit at…

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Yeah, I wanted to restrict ties in the top bracket..

It’s not enough to restrict ties in the top bracket. You should really restrict ties in the top THREE brackets since they contain comparable peers and challenges. The same members and their alts rotate frequently within the top 3. If you want to make an impact with tie restriction, that is what you should do.

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Courtney Posted:

It’s not enough to restrict ties in the top bracket. You should really restrict ties in the top THREE brackets since they contain comparable peers and challenges. The same members and their alts rotate frequently within the top 3. If you want to make an impact with tie restriction, that is what you should do.

While I want to agree with you, (I really do), won’t preventing ties in the top three brackets just have alts swimming around the fourth and fifth bracket, garnering ties that way?

I’ll freely admit I’m not in those brackets, due to a lack of interest in the competitive aspects of Dom (but an active interest in raiding), but it seems like the sensible thing to do if any sort of lower bound is set.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Ties being allowed? I suppose it cant hurt anymore but wih the advent of additional medals could only some things have ties such as highest scoop number and favorite flavah, but not min scoops? Min scoops are far too susceptible at having low score ties.

Raepdog edited this message on 12/01/2008 12:34AM

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Invariel Posted:

While I want to agree with you, (I really do), won’t preventing ties in the top three brackets just have alts swimming around the fourth and fifth bracket, garnering ties that way?

I’ll freely admit I’m not in those brackets, due to a lack of interest in the competitive aspects of Dom (but an active interest in raiding), but it seems like the sensible thing to do if any sort of lower bound is set.

Well, sure, they would. But they won’t be able to tie there for long since any medals they won would shoot them right into one of the top 3 brackets. They would either fight harder for a medal there, or languish until they could drop down again to a 4th or 5th bracket. With that time for those alts to compete harder and/or languish, it would allow folks from the lower eschelon brackets time to rise up and have a chance at competing with the active dom players.

Already in the top bracket, players have to choose which character they want to try to medal with if an alt arrives in there with them. This happens in all three top brackets but only the top one has a control that prevents someone from hogging all the medals with their main and alts. The other two top brackets have room for one very strong dom player to sweep with a main and their alts all at once.

So basically, restricting ties in the top 3 brackets would be achieving exactly what Bingebot wanted, but on a more effective scale.

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Please just change it back to the way it was. I don’t like these changes and it seems not many others do either so…

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

I will see about extending the “no ties” to the top 3 brackets as you make a good point.

Until the other planned changes for domination are implemented this is a temporary solution to make the game more even.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 12/01/2008 10:24AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I will see about extending the “no ties” to the top 3 brackets as you make a good point.

Until the other planned changes for domination are implemented this is a temporary solution to make the game more even.

This will be extended to the top 3 brackets! Updated OP.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Is it going to be implemented this dom week or starts next week?

on nvm, just read OP

Inertia edited this message on 12/02/2008 11:49AM

AlphaMechari-
ck

Avatar: 23508 Sun Oct 19 15:22:01 -0400 2008

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

bugger it, i just won min scoops this round too….

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

There needs to be a medal for orchestrating ties. Finishing the week and using attacks to ensure that no one in a certain category gets a medal.

Cannabis_clo-
ck

[The rage against C-
annabis-Clock
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Inertia Posted:

Destruction medal will be the best medal

fixed

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Aww. Now I know why I don’t have 4 medals. Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

When I first saw this thread I was like “Yay they finally implemented the destruction medals” but now I suppose I’ll have to wait for it a little longer.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

The net effect of this has been the usual 3-4 players sharing 3 medals in the top bracket (and everyone else in there marking time) while the 36 players in the next two brackets share 6 medals, with obvious consequences to the extending lead margin – they’re just going to get further and further ahead. The same situation we had before of course, but restricting ties just to the top bracket at least artificially addressed that imbalance, and partially redressed the consequences of a lack of fixes for the first part of the season.

Not an issue if you’ve got something in the wings, but if any dom fixes are going to be further delayed, it’s something to look at again.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

With regards to Min Scoops…

Good point considering a single player can only win 3 medals in a given week now. I’ll see if I can push forward a new medal. That should help you on your quest for peen.

B2015

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

With regards to Min Scoops…

Good point considering a single player can only win 3 medals in a given week now. I’ll see if I can push forward a new medal. That should help you on your quest for peen.

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

CaptainDDL Posted:

What is the point of this message??? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there are higher priorities in the queue. We have 1 programmer to work on the entire game.

Deal with it. No more trolling in here please. Thank you.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

1 medal for min scoops was a mistake imo, i might actually play dom if it was still 2

Ronnie Blaze Posted:

The no Ties in Top Bracket isnt right, it should be for the top 3 brackets, since thats where most of the skilled dom players sit at…

i dont understand why no medals for ties in top brackets, that doesnt seem fair, cant think of a good reason why that rule exists except to bumauge the egos of the other top players

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 07/14/2009 9:29AM

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

tested out and did get a 4 way tie on a single medal

it breaks the highlighter but the medals work.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!