Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Courtney

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Invariel Posted:

While I want to agree with you, (I really do), won’t preventing ties in the top three brackets just have alts swimming around the fourth and fifth bracket, garnering ties that way?

I’ll freely admit I’m not in those brackets, due to a lack of interest in the competitive aspects of Dom (but an active interest in raiding), but it seems like the sensible thing to do if any sort of lower bound is set.

Well, sure, they would. But they won’t be able to tie there for long since any medals they won would shoot them right into one of the top 3 brackets. They would either fight harder for a medal there, or languish until they could drop down again to a 4th or 5th bracket. With that time for those alts to compete harder and/or languish, it would allow folks from the lower eschelon brackets time to rise up and have a chance at competing with the active dom players.

Already in the top bracket, players have to choose which character they want to try to medal with if an alt arrives in there with them. This happens in all three top brackets but only the top one has a control that prevents someone from hogging all the medals with their main and alts. The other two top brackets have room for one very strong dom player to sweep with a main and their alts all at once.

So basically, restricting ties in the top 3 brackets would be achieving exactly what Bingebot wanted, but on a more effective scale.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!