Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Ties & Medals changes

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Balloon Posted:

So we can still have ties in the top brackets? Not that it will affect me much, I won’t be there for long.

And min scoops is the trickiest to get so I thought 2 was reasonable. Ah, well.

Yeah, I wanted to restrict ties in the top bracket.. maybe for a future release.. when there are more medals.. for now, ties for all!

And yes, I agreed with you that it was the hardest to get.. that was my original justification. The mbumes don’t seem to agree. So be it.

nevkick

Avatar: 16052 Thu Dec 04 03:36:13 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Supports nuclear holocaust in the form of clan love.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

New… cards to come.

Yes! Praise the Lord!

Douchous Bag-
gus

[The Douche]

Level 28 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Stupid ties…wish I could negate that rule, I mean seriously where’s the challenge when you make the troll work twice as hard, and they KNOw that a tie will still net them a medal? Hell I could even see devious work where the top two just make a deal and stay even, blasting whoever goes for min scoops or fav flav.

This encourages Alt Cooperation as well, as suddenly the alts can tie and get medals.

Mark my words Bot, this will not be a good decision in the long run. You’re only setting up far dicier king maker situations.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Hooray, my complaints have not gone in vain!

EDIT: Does this mean I may retroactively receive my Most Scoops medal? Log in to see images! TeeKayEff edited this message on 11/26/2008 7:21PM

Douchous Max-
imus

[The Douche]

Level 35 Troll

i iz a monstrous homogay fine upstanding member of society-fabulous person

TeeKayEff Posted:

Hooray, my complaints have not gone in vain!

EDIT: Does this mean I may retroactively receive my Most Scoops medal? Log in to see images!

HELL NO! I male reproductive organ blocked you on that fair and square!

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

**** min scoops being only worth 1. this is bullcrap Log in to see images!

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Wish I’d gone for min scoops on my main while it was still worth the trouble. Odd thing, the peens coming for medal multiples of 4 no longer makes sense. Peen just got harder to get. Midseason.

Canadian Kit-
ten

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Why would ties give any medals at all?

It’s called DOMINATION.

Not “play nice to keep a tie so everybody can feel special they got a medal”

Canadian Kit-
ten

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Seriously- if nobody can DOMINATE a particular category in their bracket- then there shouldn’t be any medals for that category.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I liked the no tie thing, but very much support this idea. Until some new medals can be introduced this is a good solution. It will probably be a bit annoying for those in the upper brackets, but wonderfully encouraging to those in the lower brackets.

I really think new players need to feel that reward sometimes and with so many of the serious Dom players actively playing their alts for medals, I can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be.

That said, I hope ties will be removed again with the introduction of new medals. Log in to see images!

As to the min scoops reduction – this is long overdue. Anyone with experience knows that this is a considerably safer medal to go for, since you can keep yourself out of bumhole range. Doing your normal vanilla with pistachio over the week you only need 2 switcharoos and gambling to hit 30 – 60 minimum scoops. It is absolutely no more difficult than any other medal, and as I said often safer.

Oliver Klosh-
off

Level 32 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Goals can have 1 tie (2 winners)

Aww, I wish this rule was in affect earlier. I was screwed out of a medal when I tied a week ago…

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

With regards to ties…

Douchous Baggus Posted:

This encourages Alt Cooperation as well, as suddenly the alts can tie and get medals.

Mark my words Bot, this will not be a good decision in the long run. You’re only setting up far dicier king maker situations.

Agreed, which is why ties will be removed in the long run.. but for now..

scullyangel Posted:

I really think new players need to feel that reward sometimes and with so many of the serious Dom players actively playing their alts for medals, I can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be.

So, noobs get more medals.. sadly so does everyone, which brings up this point:

Canadian Kitten Posted:

Seriously- if nobody can DOMINATE a particular category in their bracket- then there shouldn’t be any medals for that category.

So with this in mind, I’ve updated the OP.. NO TIES IN THE TOP BRACKET!

Point is, ties are meant to help new players as per scullys point.

scullyangel Posted:

Until some new medals can be introduced this is a good solution… I hope ties will be removed again with the introduction of new medals. Log in to see images!

They will, yes.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 11/27/2008 10:00AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

With regards to Min Scoops…

markchd Posted:

Wish I’d gone for min scoops on my main while it was still worth the trouble.

So now that it’s only worth 1, like every other goal, it’s no longer worth it?? I’m with Scully on this.

scullyangel Posted:

As to the min scoops reduction – this is long overdue. Anyone with experience knows that this is a considerably safer medal to go for, since you can keep yourself out of bumhole range. Doing your normal vanilla with pistachio over the week you only need 2 switcharoos and gambling to hit 30 – 60 minimum scoops. It is absolutely no more difficult than any other medal, and as I said often safer.

And there you have it.

markchd Posted:

Odd thing, the peens coming for medal multiples of 4 no longer makes sense. Peen just got harder to get. Midseason.

Good point considering a single player can only win 3 medals in a given week now. I’ll see if I can push forward a new medal. That should help you on your quest for peen.

B2015

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 11/27/2008 10:00AM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

What about, instead of changing all of the medal values (because I like multiples of four), you start offering an additional medal if you manage to sweep (take all three columns) in your bracket, which keeps the number of possible medals per week at four, or offer an e-peen for sweeping (once, or more than once, with new thresholds)?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Invariel Posted:

Offer an additional medal if you manage to sweep (take all three columns) in your bracket

I like this idea and will investigate complexity.

No epeen for doing it though. If you get all 3 you’ll get a bonus medal for sweeping, and an epeen for getting 4 more medals.

Gauss

Avatar: 50037 Mon Oct 27 13:36:33 -0400 2008

[RPG Codex]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I like the changes, they make sense.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I like this idea and will investigate complexity.

No epeen for doing it though. If you get all 3 you’ll get a bonus medal for sweeping, and an epeen for getting 4 more medals.

That’s an excellent idea, because it is very difficult to get all medals in the higher brackets, from my experience it’s almost impossible (at least without huge amounts of vanilla from klan raids) while it isn’t to difficult in the lower brackets.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Worst case scenario, you just get 3 per week.. not the end of the world Log in to see images!

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

well, so much for a 4-medal sweep, great. that one of the only reasons i played dom was to get 4 medal sweeps for a peen, thanks for killing what little desire i had left to play dom with.

MOCK-CONGLER-
S ****

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 35 Camwhore

I can't stop staring at Jessica Alba's nips all day ;(((

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

well, so much for a 4-medal sweep, great. that one of the only reasons i played dom was to get 4 medal sweeps for a peen, thanks for killing what little desire i had left to play dom with.

translation: do not like, and do not think ties will happen enough for it to be that useful of a change. and i will miss 4 medals at once. a lot.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Destruction medal will be easiest medal

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!