Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Game balance changes

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

Isn’t it just the nature of RPGs that “everything is easy when you’re overleveled”? Is this really something worth addressing? “Pwning forums” in the endgame is never going to be particularly difficult, but that’s okay because there’s plenty of things to do in the endgame other than “pure forum pwning” (i.e. domination, chasing ePeen, Job Points, etc.) Short of making things terribly frustrating to the point that RNG plays a major role in whether or not you can actually beat the forum, will making the endgame harder really result in anything more than “more clicks for the same result”?

To a certain extent I agree completely. On the other hand, for competitive aspects, I think the clbumes should be as equivalent as possible.

Right now having a more powerful clbum helps speed run and such, which is an advantage in Domination and other end games we’re working on.

omgwtfl33t

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

As of today:

* Attack (110 – 130)

* Processing Power -3

* Refresh 6

avtr

* Attack (100 – 110)

* Processing Power -10

* Refresh 1

flipr

* Attack (90 – 100)

* Processing Power -5

* Refresh 2

bg2

* Attack (60 – 80)

* Processing Power -3

* Refresh 1

So I’ve sorta been thinking that I’d be better served to ignore the upper end of my attack tree entirely and just put the points in offense, because most of my upper level talents are just THAT F***ING USELESS compared to the lower-level ones.

BirdReynods

Avatar: 41906 Mon Dec 08 21:36:48 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Alright, I have characters of all the clbumes, and I understand that balancing is a priority, but after the new nerf to hackers, I might just let him be. As mentioned above, the high level attacks have been made useless.

The damage is low and the cooldown is high. Lets make a little comparison of attacks, starting with the hacker:

ipz

Available at level 18

Attack (200 – 210)

Processing Power -7

Refresh 6

Available at level 9

Attack (110-130)

Processing Power -3

Refresh 6

The Emo’s two highest damage (and don’t forget the damage boost from low ego):

Everybody Hurts

Available at level 26

Attack 230

(Stronger when Ego is low)

Tears -15

Refresh 1

Quoth the Raven

Available at level 23

Attack 175

(Stronger when Ego is low)

Tears -12

Refresh 1

How does this add up?

And by the way, maybe fix all the lag and malfunctioning battles before breaking all the clbumes aswell.

/rant over.

BirdReynods edited this message on 11/24/2008 3:00PM

Judge-Bot 30-

Avatar: 65677 Wed Oct 15 23:22:21 -0400 2008

[Troll Ambulance Mu-
fasa
]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Seriously agree. Why use avtr when 404 or even flippr does the same damage for a lot less of the same pp?

Though still not really having problems, pwned Praypal without running out of my 225 pp and only took 200 damage as opposed to no damage, so it’s cool.

Though I am going to haxl to see if I can dump avtr at least and get even more offense, after I do more for my streak.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Yo ET, while you’re at it, why not change a couple of douchebaggery costs?

[code]

For instance:

Shock Sites up from 8 to 12

Flamebait up from 8 to 16

Healbot edited this message on 11/24/2008 3:22PM

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

The reason ET nerfed Hackers again is because he is using a Camwhore as a baseline now, which means Hackers should deal about the same dmg as Camwhores now, the problem is that Hackers won’t be able to use their top 2 attacks the whole time because of the high refresh rate.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Judge-Bot 3000 Posted:

Seriously agree. Why use avtr when 404 or even flippr does the same damage for a lot less of the same pp?

Though still not really having problems, pwned Praypal without running out of my 225 pp and only took 200 damage as opposed to no damage, so it’s cool.

Though I am going to haxl to see if I can dump avtr at least and get even more offense, after I do more for my streak.

Well 404 has a refresh of 6, so you can’t use it every turn.

Flipr has a refresh of 2, but you get it at level 15 so it lasts a while.

Finally, avtr has a refresh of 1, meaning you can use it every turn if you can handle the pp.

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Evil Trout Posted:

Well 404 has a refresh of 6, so you can’t use it every turn.

Flipr has a refresh of 2, but you get it at level 15 so it lasts a while.

Finally, avtr has a refresh of 1, meaning you can use it every turn if you can handle the pp.

Huh? I thought Ref 1 meant every other turn. Have I been screwing myself this whole time?

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Uh, why exactly were hackers nerfed AGAIN? They already got screwed with the lower damage of ipz and avtr and the higher PP costs and longer refresh times, so now we decided to make them even worse by making their highest attack ridiculously underpowered and making avtr useless?

How does this make sense, exactly? Hackers are now by far the worst clbum. I have just under 130 offense on my Hacker alt and I won’t be able to 1 shot every thread because of the lowered power of avtr and the refresh on ipz.

doctorcocktor edited this message on 11/24/2008 5:45PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

How does this make sense, exactly? Hackers are now by far the worst clbum. I have just under 130 offense on my Hacker alt and I won’t be able to 1 shot every thread because of the lowered power of avtr and the refresh on ipz.

Welcome to the other clbumes.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

Welcome to the other clbumes.

How is this like the other clbumes? Seems to me that Troll and Emo are undoubtedly better at this point. Even if hackers were at some point broken, they certainly weren’t broken after the first nerf, so why nerf them again?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

How is this like the other clbumes? Seems to me that Troll and Emo are undoubtedly better at this point. Even if hackers were at some point broken, they certainly weren’t broken after the first nerf, so why nerf them again?

No other clbumes can 1-shot everything anymore.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

No other clbumes can 1-shot everything anymore.

Are trolls getting another nerf that I didn’t read about? Because I just went to Second Wife and 1-shot everything with Shock Sites and Flamebait.

doctorcocktor edited this message on 11/24/2008 6:00PM

xXx-Fallen_A-
ngel-xXx

Level 39 Camwhore

“Lingeriepist”

Second Wife is easy to 1 shot every thread with a slightly optimized character. The only base clbum that might struggle with it is the hacker because they have so many high refresh attacks.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

xXx-Fallen_Angel-xXx Posted:

Second Wife is easy to 1 shot every thread with a slightly optimized character. The only base clbum that might struggle with it is the hacker because they have so many high refresh attacks.

That’s my point, though. Hackers aren’t like the other 3 non-chall clbumes because of their gigantic refresh rates that force them into using inferior attacks. Every other clbum can just spam their best two. I can see making the top level Hacker attacks less powerful because of the advantage of having 4 Hardware slots, but why pile onto that with the high refresh rates? It just seems like overkill.

DarkDespair5

Avatar: 77864 Thu Jun 04 08:28:46 -0400 2009

Level 56 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

Sigh. Hackers got a nerf they didn’t need.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

That’s my point, though. Hackers aren’t like the other 3 non-chall clbumes because of their gigantic refresh rates that force them into using inferior attacks. Every other clbum can just spam their best two. I can see making the top level Hacker attacks less powerful because of the advantage of having 4 Hardware slots, but why pile onto that with the high refresh rates? It just seems like overkill.

Getting rid of the nerfs for Hacker would be the best solution, yes, but that just means everyone above level 30 can 1-hit every Second Wife thread. Once the clbumes get balanced, we need to up the difficulty on forums, not just get harder ones.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Kilroy Posted:

rid of the nerfs for Hacker would be the best solution, yes, but that just means everyone above level 30 can 1-hit every Second Wife thread. Once the clbumes get balanced, we need to up the difficulty on forums, not just get harder ones.

Agreed, we need harder forums too, but there’s no need for the Hacker to be the red headed stepchild that these new nerfs made it into.

Xypher

Avatar: 43749 Wed Nov 12 09:54:31 -0500 2008

Level 36 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

DarkDespair5 Posted:

Sigh. Hackers got a nerf they didn’t need.

Well the problem is that hackers can get rather disgusting stats. For instance I’m only partially optimized and have 154 offense.

Personally I’d rather increase the PP costs on avatar and IPz even more and have both of them with 1 turn refresh rates. That way hackers would need to decide whether or not to do max offense or use some PP boosters beyond the finger surgical procedure.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Xypher Posted:

Well the problem is that hackers can get rather disgusting stats. For instance I’m only partially optimized and have 154 offense.

Personally I’d rather increase the PP costs on avatar and IPz even more and have both of them with 1 turn refresh rates. That way hackers would need to decide whether or not to do max offense or use some PP boosters beyond the finger surgical procedure.

Bingo. This would make much more sense, especially since Hackers can’t just increase PP through leveling. IIf you were forced to un-equip a couple of your Haxtors for the Wetgear in order to have enough PP to pwn a full forum, then Hacker Offensive stats wouldn’t be so insane.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!