Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Game balance changes

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Crinkz Posted:

Healbot Posted:

So when do Hackers get Life after Death?

Also, 4.4k away.

maxvance

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

I approve of the increase in our attack power. 3 refresh for Political Flamebait seemed a bit long compared to other Troll attacks.

Master_Troll Posted:

Quite Frankly the best balancing act would be to give Emos the glbumes slot too. Then everyone has even ground on 1 equipment slot.

That’s only if the Earbleeders appear in the Ppwn Shoppe again. Log in to see images! maxvance edited this message on 11/22/2008 12:43AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Grats on breaking Fetish Pics.

225, really?

I seriously hope Hackers also got nerfed.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

maxvance Posted:

I approve of the increase in our attack power. 3 refresh for Political Flamebait seemed a bit long compared to other Troll attacks.

That’s only if the Earbleeders appear in the Ppwn Shoppe again. Log in to see images!

I have 8 pairs. Want one?

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Wylin Posted:

You may have seen this blog update from the fearless creator of the game: http://blog.forumwarz.com/2008/11/18/game-balance-changes

Today I logged in to see some new adjustments to my best attacks. The changes are as follows:

Political Flamebait:

Before: 300 attack 3 refresh

Now: 350 attack 2 refresh

and

Shock Sites (refresh the same)

Before: 200 attack

Now: 220 attack

I personally like the change!

Now:

Political Flamebait:

400 attack 1 refresh

and

Shock Sites

280 attack (still 1 refresh)

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

High end camwhore and hacker attacks have been weakened. High end emo and troll attacks have been improved again.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Everybody Hurts

* Attack 230

* (Stronger when Ego is low)

* Tears -15

* Refresh 1

I think I can beat Geronimo! now.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Crinkz Posted:

High end camwhore and hacker attacks have been weakened. High end emo and troll attacks have been improved again.

They overbuffed Trolls and nerfed Camwhores which were fine. Log in to see images!

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

I thought life after death refresh would go over the refresh on everybody hurts.

But on the bright side. Up to 6.8k on it.

CrinkzPipe edited this message on 11/22/2008 12:05PM

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Fran Posted:

Grats on breaking Fetish Pics.

225, really?

I seriously hope Hackers also got nerfed.

Fetish Pics aren’t exactly broken, but the combination of bringing Fetish Pics down from 300 to 225 and Hand Bra down from 250 to 200 make me a sad player indeed, when combined with watching that other skill go up from 200ish to 400.

Now our high-end skills are Goosefat’s Recipe Book, then Hand Bra (sort of), then Fetish Pics, and there’s still no utility from the textual bumault tree, and the forums do so little damage these days that the recovery tree is lackluster at best.

With two dead-end trees, so to speak, Camwhores are relegated to using the same two attacks over and over again, and having those abilities downgraded without affecting the need for the other skills to be used leaves much to be desired.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Invariel Posted:

relegated to using the same two attacks over and over again,

Now that I can just use the same two attacks I got something I haven’t seen yet in episode 2:

You beat Second Wife in record time!

You’ve earned 3 Lemon Sherbet scoops!

Go-Go wonderTroll!

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Nice, now Camwhores can’t reach 2k Damage without sacrificing huge amounts of stats for Offense. 1,9k damage with Fetish Pics at 225 power and 100 Offense.

Removing the cannon part of the glbum cannon clbum is intended?

Don’t break what’s fine, thank you.

Fran edited this message on 11/22/2008 2:22PM

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

Nice, now Camwhores can’t reach 2k Damage without sacrificing huge amounts of stats for Offense. 1,9k damage with Fetish Pics at 225 power and 100 Offense.

Removing the cannon part of the glbum cannon clbum is intended?

Don’t break what’s fine, thank you.

I don’t know what the hell ET is doing with Emo Kids either. Trying to compisate for our skill being useless now?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Crinkz Posted:

I don’t know what the hell ET is doing with Emo Kids either. Trying to compisate for our skill being useless now?

TBH they should just buff everyone to what the Camwhores were before. They did a good job on putting Trolls at the old Camwhore level, but managed to crush Camwhores in the process.

Put Camwhore back to what they were, keeps Trolls as it is now, nerf some Hacker attacks but decrease their refresh times, and remove the silly low ego Emo mechanic and compensate them.

The Suspender

Avatar: 70366 Mon Dec 29 00:40:55 -0500 2008

Level 24 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

Oh. God. NOOOOOO!

I don’t care about the late end strength decrease. I care about the late end processing power increase.

Hackers need no nerfing. They already had pretty weak end attacks (the second weakest, actually)

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Fran Posted:

TBH they should just buff everyone to what the Camwhores were before. They did a good job on putting Trolls at the old Camwhore level, but managed to crush Camwhores in the process.

Put Camwhore back to what they were, keeps Trolls as it is now, nerf some Hacker attacks but decrease their refresh times, and remove the silly low ego Emo mechanic and compensate them.

I have to agree with you. Either remove low ego thing, or give other clbumes skills to. Camwhores dmg increse depends on how much they attack(has fallbacks I know) Trolls are fine. Not sure what to do with hackers.

CrinkzPipe

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Also, what I think ET needs to do even though he’s got staticical data is open up a private chat with a select few people and talk to them about the balance and what should be done.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Fran Posted:

Yes. My attacks aren’t bouncing off now. I think the problem was with Trolls weaker attacks though. Anyways, QFT. Camwhore power haa been reduced too much.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Well technically the role of the camwhore has always been the healer clbum. At low levels the camwhore has pump me up that can keep them from having to use consumables as much. Later on NSFW can help get through levels 20-25 without needing to spend much on synthols or 5-HTP.

The problem is that level capped characters don’t need to heal at all and thus camwhore’s healing abilities become pointless. Under the previous regime they had the fastest and hardest hitting combos so they dominated speedrunning. Now with bumping trolls up and nerfing the camwhores they are actually going to be slightly slower overall than the troll. However both clbumes with full kit are going to be able to 1-hit virtually every forum so I’m not sure the nerf was as bad as people make it out to be.

Emos got buffed enough that they can one hit most forums without needing to be in the emo damage penalty. That is kinda nice although it will reduce the relevancy of the emo damage bonus even more.

Hackers are strange, they hit hard but they are also incredibly slow based on animations and refresh rates. However thier stats are totally bonkers at full kit.

So overall I’d say that the new changes made camwhores and emos roughly equal in power, trolls the most powerful clbum, and hackers somewhere behind those three. Permanoobs get no love D:

Bling Fling

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I don’t see why clbumes are being “balanced” the way they are. Forums are way too easy now and only offense counts: if we want to make the game more interesting, the first point of action would be to have forums that actually fight back. That way the Emo Ego mechanic can be made useful (read: over the top gamebreakingly overpowered), as well as Trolls’ high defense.

As in we’d have different clbumes with different strengths and weaknesses, and not just different background themes to look at while we mindlessly press 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2… ad infinitum, which seems to be where we’re heading at the moment.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!