Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Game balance changes

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Sigh. It seems that nobody likes it when their clbumes are nerfed. I promise you the goal is to bring everyone in line with each other. Hackers had a mbumive lead, seriously.

There are many more adjustments to be made in the days ahead.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

Sigh. It seems that nobody likes it when their clbumes are nerfed. I promise you the goal is to bring everyone in line with each other. Hackers had a mbumive lead, seriously.

It’s entirely possible that they had a mbumive lead before the first nefs, but after those? I just can’t see why the second nerfs were needed. Sure, the hackers highest level attack is (or was) great, but with the refresh you barely ever get to use it.

Lelouch vi B-
ritannia

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

On my non-optimized troll, Flamebate is hitting for 1.5k+ dmg. On my optimized hacker (125 offense atm), I’m hitting for 1.2k ish with ipz. Somethings definitely wrong here.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Evil Trout Posted:

Now that you’re changing the attacks is it safe to bumume that there’ll be no change in deliveries and item prices?

Captain Trek

Avatar: 74212 Thu Nov 20 21:40:04 -0500 2008

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 26 Hacker

“1337”

Lelouch vi Britannia Posted:

On my non-optimized troll, Flamebate is hitting for 1.5k+ dmg. On my optimized hacker (125 offense atm), I’m hitting for 1.2k ish with ipz. Somethings definitely wrong here.

Particularly when Trolls are supposed to be the “tank” clbum of the game… Low know, low damage, high defence? Whatever happened to that?

Captain Trek edited this message on 11/24/2008 8:53PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

It’s entirely possible that they had a mbumive lead before the first nefs, but after those? I just can’t see why the second nerfs were needed. Sure, the hackers highest level attack is (or was) great, but with the refresh you barely ever get to use it.

Honestly if I made a mistake I will find out soon and correct it. I need to wait a little longer for the data.

quangntenemy Posted:

Now that you’re changing the attacks is it safe to bumume that there’ll be no change in deliveries and item prices?

I think there are a few bug reports of inconsistent item prices so those will be put into line.

Beyond that, I want to adjust the stats so that charisma and such aren’t capped out anymore (or at least not until a ludicrous level).

Finally, we want to introduce some heavy flezz sinks too. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I guess I can only hope that the data bears out the fact that Hackers have been excessively nerfed.

Oh, and flezz sinks sound good. Lord knows I have way too much flezz that I can’t possibly spend at the moment.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

Captain Trek Posted:

Particularly when Trolls are supposed to be the “tank” clbum of the game… Low know, low damage, high defence? Whatever happened to that?

People found out Defense isn’t worth ****?

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Healbot Posted:

People found out Defense isn’t worth ****?

That’s because nothing can actually hit people, let alone hit them for substantial damage.

Arbiter

Avatar: 77516 Fri Nov 14 12:15:05 -0500 2008

Level 41 Hacker

Simply, greatest hacker evar.

Yeah, hackers were a bit overpowered, but this new nerf is just going too far. Our best attack in the game had its cost doubled to 10 pp per hit and its damage halved…to 100. Theres no longer any incentive to actually use the hacker attacks, as they have been nerfed so much that the top 2 used attack (avtr and ipz) are now weaker than ophelia’s bad poetry and recipes for disaster. Compared to other clbum’s attacking abilities that can go from 300-350, 100 – 200 max just seems like some math was done wrong there

admiralcervi-
xtor

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

It would be fine if getting lemon scoops was clbum-based. I have no problem with playing a weaker clbum if I can still get 3 scoops, but this new nerf makes our speedrunning abilities laughable when compared to the other clbumes. If we just had to get a “record time” for a hacker, it wouldn’t be a big deal at all. I mean, it’s not like we’re PvPing.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Arbiter Posted:

Yeah, hackers were a bit overpowered, but this new nerf is just going too far. Our best attack in the game had its cost doubled to 10 pp per hit and its damage halved…to 100. Theres no longer any incentive to actually use the hacker attacks, as they have been nerfed so much that the top 2 used attack (avtr and ipz) are now weaker than ophelia’s bad poetry and recipes for disaster. Compared to other clbum’s attacking abilities that can go from 300-350, 100 – 200 max just seems like some math was done wrong there

You’re ignoring the refresh. Ophelia’s bad poetry takes forever to refresh.

I have not finished gathering the stats, but I have a picture of 80% of what it should be. You guys might be surprised to find that from a pure damage standpoint, camwhores and hackers and emo kids are now EVEN, closer than they’ve ever been.

This is simply based on averages pulled since yesterday. There is no math to screw up beyond that.

Trolls do about 30% more damage right now by the looks of things, so they’ll be nerfed next, but less drastically than before.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

But ET, maybe they’re even on their top attacks, but Hackers only get to use ipz once every 7 turns. Every other clbum has a refresh of 1 on their top 2 attacks; hackers are the only exception.

Up the PP cost and change the refresh on 404 and ipz to 1. Not only would that help to put the hackers on even ground with the other clbumes, it would actually force Hackers to equip a PP raising Hardware unless they plan on using consumables which would sabotage their own speedrun times. This would get rid of some of what supposedly made the hackers “broken” before, their ability to get +60 offense from Hardware alone.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

No, they’re probably even on average attack dealt per turn.

The only thing that feels really weird about hackers right now is the cost of Avtr, which feels absolutely silly in context. It does slightly more damage than bg2 and is three times the cost per move. Sure, it means we only have 2 instakillers (ipz and recipes), but that’s fine even with their refreshes since they’re still able to do that and the math of refreshes provides enough ‘avtr+x’ move to kill to do a complete circle without getting stalled.

But yeah, that’d be my suggestion on the nerf, not up the power of avtr again, but decrease the cost since as it is now, if we had to actually last a while, the best answer would be to ignore avtr entirely as a move since it has the worst efficency of level 10+ move. Right now I’m expending on forums lower leveled than me almost my entire pp count. Maybe that’s intentional, but I’d think really that ipz would be a more deserving expensive move (it instakills each time we use it) and avtr be more sensible at 5-8 at its new power level (before 10 was totally reasonable since it was a thread killer too).

If you’re not recording it, you may want to record average forums killed in one shot. This is probably a more important measure than damage at endgame since damage dealt over the lifespan of a forum is wasted, so that if every 5th move a hacker is doing 5 times the damage of a camwhore, but everything else is 1/2th, that camwhore is probably several forums further down the chain.

Note: I’d be careful about getting all the averages to be the same… It really could have the side effect of each character type feeling the same. I’d expect my hacker to feel like he’s doing more average damage than my troll and my troll to feel like he’s near invulnerable when he gets hit.

Hackmeister edited this message on 11/25/2008 12:00PM

Zeta

Avatar: 68174 Wed Oct 22 15:55:08 -0400 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 51 Troll

“eBaum”

Evil Trout Posted:

Trolls do about 30% more damage right now by the looks of things, so they’ll be nerfed next, but less drastically than before.

Wait, so you’re going to nerf trolls now that you’ve given us higher attacks and lower refresh? Personally, I think you should just follow what trolls were supposed to do in the first place. You know, tank. We need HIGHER refresh and LOWER attack if anything.

I decided to gear my troll for attack once I finished EP2, like every other smart troll. Basically, I can just haxl for pure attack, and get everything I need for defense in my free packs, .moars, and equips. As of right now, I only have 115 ego, and I’ve been fine in Second Wife, because with the exception of using racial tension (which I really don’t need to), I can one hit anything for about 1.9k or so with just shock sites. And since that and flamebait (2.5k attack) have 1 refresh, trolls are basically the ultimate speed run clbum. Selling glbumes in the Shoppe just makes it even more laughable. Heck, when I level, the only thing I need to worry about is what to do with the other two upgrade points since I always buy offense first. And since I don’t need to buy any recovery items or any equips now (since I bought all my **** before the “fixes” and price sinks for deliveries) all I need to do is spend my remaining points in upkeep and frugality. Now I never need to fix my equips, and when I do, it costs almost nothing.

Trolls are the main reason people have too much fleez.

EDIT: Excuse me while I go ****slap myself for misusing the English Language

Zeta edited this message on 11/25/2008 4:47PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Evil Trout Posted:

I have not finished gathering the stats, but I have a picture of 80% of what it should be. You guys might be surprised to find that from a pure damage standpoint, camwhores and hackers and emo kids are now EVEN, closer than they’ve ever been.

This is simply based on averages pulled since yesterday. There is no math to screw up beyond that.

you do realise that you have to factor in defense as well i hope.

Right now defense is probably useless but later when you start making challenge forums..

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Do the averages take into account different levels of .moar files? Those could skew results, couldn’t they? As could equipment; long-time players playing, say, camwhores, will probably have different equipment at the same lower-level forums as newbies working up the ranks, skewing the averages.

Based on this it doesn’t look like you’re factoring in different hardware configurations. Or are you normalizing against the base damage?

And even if you do, balance does need to take into account equipment, especially as different glbumes keep showing up in the ppwne shoppe…

I didn’t do so well in statistics, so the math’s beyond me, but it seems like a simple “average since yesterday” doesn’t give an accurate picture.

Man, I don’t envy you the balancing task…

omgwtfl33t

Level 30 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Evil Trout Posted:

Trout, the fact that I consider RFD and OBP my second and fourth best attacks respectively DESPITE the refresh time says something about how f***ing weak my other attacks have become.

EDIT: ...Okay, what exactly do you mean you “rebalanced” Charisma for Camwhores and Hackers? Because if you lowered it, congratulations! You’ve given us YET ANOTHER UNNECESSARY F***ING NERF.

omgwtfl33t edited this message on 11/26/2008 12:47AM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

omgwtfl33t Posted:

Trout, the fact that I consider RFD and OBP my second and fourth best attacks respectively DESPITE the refresh time says something about how f***ing weak my other attacks have become.

EDIT: ...Okay, what exactly do you mean you “rebalanced” Charisma for Camwhores and Hackers? Because if you lowered it, congratulations! You’ve given us YET ANOTHER UNNECESSARY F***ING NERF.

Calm down.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Evil Trout Posted:

Sigh. It seems that nobody likes it when their clbumes are nerfed.

Though this should be quite obvious, people HATE it when their clbum is nerfed below all the other clbumes.

If you seriously want hackers weak (I don’t know, maybe hackers hit you as a kid or something), than just buff everyone else and buff all forums.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!