Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Sports Game balance changes

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

An open letter on making clbumes into unique and beautiful snowflakes:

What game are you people playing? I am playing ForumWarz. I pwn threads in forums. I get deliveries in the morning for doing that. When I do it fast or in a certain order, I get scoops. Scoops are good for playing Domination.

When I am pwning a forum another rogue forum does not sneak up behind me and start attacking. I must simply deal with the forum I’ve chosen. I will not need to consult the rest of my bumault team, since every freaking mission is solo.

There is no legitimate use for a “tank” in this game currently. It is cool to have a use for the off stats, but given that the two major end game activities are Domination and Job Board and both require speed – offense is, and needs to be, the major concern for competitive play. This also means that clbum balance is ultimately much more important in the end game – after Ep 2 has been completed, so we are talking level 25+ generally.

Clbum diversity in the sense of how to play is not a bad thing, that is cool. Clbum diversity in the sense that say trolls cannot hope to ever pwn a forum as fast as hackers, is a bad thing.

Until a time, should it ever come, when individual players need to work together on pwning something please quit being wacky. I’d really prefer that things didn’t return to the DML troll situation we saw at the end of Ep 1.

Love,

scully

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Being outraged about this really doesn’t help anything. Statistical balancing is really hard…and if that code is right, it’s not being done well or right at all. As far as I know, there’s no test or beta environment where folks are actively trying out the latest crap and providing a place where the data can be gathered in a safe environment… so naturally any test and experimentation is going to affect us. If you don’t want to take part in that…take a break from it. I almost did for a while, figuring why not, let it sort itself out and come back once the balancing is less obvious. It’s almost a better way to do it if you’re not trying to beat everyone at the end game since every time I take a break from this game, I come back to more content, neater stuff, and other cool things.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

All of us level 35’s spend nearly nothing to pwn forums, I hope tonight’s charisma change for high level cam whores and hackers didn’t make it so that camwhores and hackers get tons more flez worth of deliveries than the other clbumes unless they are going to have to actually spend some of it to play. I want our gains to be on a level playing field even if it’s due to some getting more and having to use it.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Wylin Posted:

All of us level 35’s spend nearly nothing to pwn forums, I hope tonight’s charisma change for high level cam whores and hackers didn’t make it so that camwhores and hackers get tons more flez worth of deliveries than the other clbumes unless they are going to have to actually spend some of it to play. I want our gains to be on a level playing field even if it’s due to some getting more and having to use it.

I think only Emos will be at a charisma disadvantage.

Healbot

Avatar: 25938 Wed Oct 22 16:28:36 -0400 2008

[The Protected]

Level 49 Troll

“Complete Dipshit”

was Posted:

I think only Emos will be at a charisma disadvantage.

This. Also the Hackers Charisma stat is identical to Trolls.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

So why can’t we have forums that strike first for heavy damage, thus making defense relevant again and a “tank” character useful?

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

So why can’t we have forums that strike first for heavy damage, thus making defense relevant again and a “tank” character useful?

This, please. It also makes the Emo Kid’s low ego useful, and Life After Death useful.

GIVE US A LEVEL 99 FOUM ALREADY Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

There is no Charisma change. Jalapeno thought it would be “funny” to announce a change we’re not making.

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Just got through running 12 visits on all my alts, so here’re my views on the current balance (which’ll probably be out of date by tomorrow… ) All the characters have very similar .moar files, each that can equip the best glbumes have them on, and they all have mostly offense-orientated builds. I like to max out on luck and have slightly higher ego than most true speed runners, but these guys are reasonably comparable.

Emo: Offense 99

Camwhore: Offense 95

Troll: Offense 90

Hacker: Offense 144

The Emo and Camwhore seem pretty well balanced at this point. They both hit at about 1900-2000 damage on their high-end attacks, with the same refresh rates etc. I think the Emo clbum has a slight advantage for the long forums like Homicide Girls and Home of the Male Objectors since they tend to take a bit of damage in these runs, pushing the damage of the best attack up to 2100-2200, but the effect is minor.

The Troll was definitely very much overpowered, hitting something like 2700-2800 with his top attack. Considering that the clbum’s reduced offense compared to Camwhores and Emos really isn’t all that much if you set up your builds right, I think they need nerfing again.

The Hacker’s the trickiest to judge on balance (especially since I wasn’t paying as much attention whilst playing it, so take this with a pinch of salt), with the odd refresh rates and high PP cost. I actually ran out of PP in a longer forum for the first time today, which is actually kinda neat since you have to pay more attention. That said, these are disadvantages to the clbum and the resulting attacks should be slightly better to compensate, but at the moment the hacker is hitting for very similar (slightly more, maybe?) damage to the Emo/Camwhore baseline. He has over 50 more points in offense, and still doesn’t hit as hard as a Troll! Frankly, it seems to me that they need a boost. I’d keep the refresh rates and PP costs similar to how they are now, though, just increase the damage a bit.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

There is no Charisma change. Jalapeno thought it would be “funny” to announce a change we’re not making.

Yeah, sorry, that was me. I wanted to see what would happen if we announced a completely innocuous, mostly inconsequential rebalancing effort, to see if people would overreact. It appears as though I was proven right.

BirdReynods

Avatar: 41906 Mon Dec 08 21:36:48 -0500 2008

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Yeah, sorry, that was me. I wanted to see what would happen if we announced a completely innocuous, mostly inconsequential rebalancing effort, to see if people would overreact. It appears as though I was proven right.

Crying wolf worked out great for the kid whos family was eaten

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

This post reminds me of iRAWR. Are you irawr?

ASNJ AQHG4YA

Level 34 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Permanoobs nidz cute animalz mudkips attackLog in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!