Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature POLL: Should downvoting in Forumbuildr be eliminated?
Poll: Should downvoting in Forumbuildr be eliminated?
You must be logged in to vote.

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

It would seem that downvoting has reached epidemic proportions on Forumbuildr, disrupting the game balance and generally ****ing people off. In this thread, I will propose a solution that has been proposed many times before, but has never come to fruition – the elimination of downvoting from Forumbuildr. It isn’t even very hard to implement – we can always pbum on an entry still. Comments?

Thank you.

Raepdog1988

Avatar: 65351 Mon Dec 01 17:36:56 -0500 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 22 Permanoob

“Moron”

Almost down voted this thread.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Yes.

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

BTW, if Evil Trout or anyone from CZ sees this, come on down and put in your two cents about this – maybe even promise to take out Forumbuildr downvoting in a timely timeframe! Log in to see images!

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

no

it serves its purpose

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Forumbuildr is being really unfunny now, or maybe its that the humor of FW is changing with its user base. People need less closed in topics about things like gays or republicans, and more open ones like everything Sucks Now.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

xXxJUNEGUY1xXx Posted:

It would seem that downvoting has reached epidemic proportions on Forumbuildr, disrupting the game balance and generally ****ing people off.

Really? Because most of my entries are doing pretty well.

Scary_Retard-
_6

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

7VibratingRaepdogs Posted:

Forumbuildr is being really unfunny now, or maybe its that the humor of FW is changing with its user base. People need less closed in topics about things like gays or republicans, and more open ones like everything Sucks Now.

E.S.N will happen, maybe not this week but people are wanting to vent on how the game has changed.

My tastes run more to the SCHR, AU side of things.

As for the voting, we could use the voting status on our profiles to influence how much a person’s vote is worth. If they are constantly down/up voting everything, then their vote is worth less than someone that’s fair.

Of course this does nothing to stop klan attacks.

Scary_Retard_6 edited this message on 10/28/2008 5:13PM

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Scary_Retard_6 Posted:

As for the voting, we could use the voting status on our profiles to influence how much a person’s vote is worth. If they are constantly down/up voting everything, then their vote is worth less than someone that’s fair.

Of course this does nothing to stop klan attacks.

Perhaps the klan affiliations of Forumbuildr voters could be recorded, such that any mbumive campaign of klan-based voting can be detected, and such votes made to be worth less or disqualified (take your pick).

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

I still say we remove downvoting. Though builder score should no affect with worth of ones vote.

All votes are equal.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

yes. make it so

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Wrong you have to say his name three times.

Evil Trout, Evil Trout, Geraldo Sanchez LaToya

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

it would just cause mbumive upvotes and giant circlejerks

xXxJUNEGUY1x-
Xx

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

MC Banhammer on that other thread Posted:

What about a second screen on which you’d see votes below the -5 threshold which you haven’t voted on? On that screen it would only allow for upvoting and pbum. This would allow good suggestions which have been griefed a chance to get back up from the people who actually care about the quality of submission.

Barring the outright removal of downvoting, this might actually be the best approach to handling gratuitous downvoting. This way, content that has been downvoted for no good reason – that might just be good – may have a chance to move back up into the running. Any other ideas?

xXxJUNEGUY1xXx edited this message on 10/28/2008 10:03PM

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’d agree with trying this on a probational period, but I partly agree with gigerth. Right now the true problem rests not with the voting system but with voters: they don’t have very good taste. Log in to see images! when i do compete my best **** is voted down and my worst **** is voted up. the new crowd of forumwarz is just not very good at judging stuff, and that’s a problem that eliminating downvoting will not fix.

So I’d try it out and see if any good comes of it, but frankly I don’t expect a lack of a downvote to change things.

GGsYoyo

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Meh. Why not? bumholes vote down the best **** and vote up the cream of the crap

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

Some people like to take trolling a little seriously without realizing that could make the game actually suck. Good plan.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Not that it should be eliminated, but when things go from +5 one day to -5 the next, something is seriously wrong.

I have no idea what factors were there (I know for a fact one of my things was -3 to start with, but the +5 one got downvoted entirely too rapidly for me to chalk it up to coincidence.)

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Eliminate Downvoting altogether.

Do it fast.

Do it now.

Alternately, give everyone a set number of “downvotes” they can use in a week. Like, 10, or maybe 20. Once they’re used up for the week, their only options for submissions they don’t like will be to upvote or pbum on them.

I am Fingerz, and I endorse this message. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!