Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout It's Live Tonight - Forumwarz: The Rebalancing

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

DemonMage Posted:

Is there a point to Self Mutilate now? Before it was… so-so early game, now it’s of questionable use even there. Let alone any longer. Only reason I took it with my respec is because it’s required for one of my attack lines. Using it in the Headbangers to test out how much less damage going from 5 to 7 defense gets me… is underwhelming at best. I don’t seem to get a decrease in damage at all. Still 10-13 on average, with an occasional 9 or 14. Doesn’t seem to net me more 0 damage eithers, which I imagine come from luck.

Self-Mutilate is definitely meant as a lower level ability. Having said that during testing I found myself using it a fair bit. The 10 ego can be useful during medium level forums as well if you want to pull yourself away slightly from death’s door during the refresh period for an attack.

It’s worth noting that Defense now causes more misses too, so even if you’re seeing similar numbers when attacked, overall it might be quite a bit lower.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

DemonMage Posted:

So what’s luck good for then? =-p

Luck is the magical stat that helps you a little in many different ways. I’ve never outlined all the ways it helps you because I want it to be a little mysterious Log in to see images!

If you’re trying to build a powerful character you’d be better off increasing you defense or offensive skills, as you will be able to notice and plan around them better.

I’d like to use it more in the future for those who bother to spec it. One of the projects we have on the table right now would be a good candidate.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

can you make ophelia go away too?

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

The new quote function looks really good. Maybe have us quote their replies sometimes as well ? Then it would start looking like an actual forum thread.

Bad poetry has become a beast too.

ProfeSsoRCHI-
ld

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Bad poetry is doing more than it used to. Everything else is of course doing less. I do feel like I’m getting a lot more dodging now, although I’d prefer to see more effect per point of defense in damage reduction. I do notice a difference between low and high ego in my attack, which is good, which likely means that each point in attack is worth a fair bit. The worth of defense per point just seems lower. Did you do the math, with chance of missing + ego deflected, to see the average ego each point of defense saves?

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

ProfeSsoRCHIld Posted:

Bad poetry is doing more than it used to. Everything else is of course doing less. I do feel like I’m getting a lot more dodging now, although I’d prefer to see more effect per point of defense in damage reduction. I do notice a difference between low and high ego in my attack, which is good, which likely means that each point in attack is worth a fair bit. The worth of defense per point just seems lower. Did you do the math, with chance of missing + ego deflected, to see the average ego each point of defense saves?

i can pwn threads in rp forum with one hit from this now.

Threaten to Contact Authorities

* Attack (60 - 75)
    * Sexiness -6
    * Refresh 2

It did about 99 damage before (avg) and now does about 120 damage. I begin to feel like I can take the nuke forum at a gain.

Ixiru

[Trolls F T W]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Damn you Evil Trout! Now I’m going to have to use Blunt Trauma* more often for my Fapped Yo Momma jokes! =(

* Blunt Trauma – Restores 150 Douchbaggery.

Pic

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Just finished playing with my Emo Kid and Camwhore, I feel that Camwhore is now over powered.

I’ve used both character through pwn’ing the nuclear power plant forum 4 times each.

My Emo Kid (Pic)basic stats:

(with all the best items)

Off – 14

Def – 11

Ego – 390

Tears – 240

Bad poetry does 200 damage, while I have issues does around 70 reaching to 90 when ego is low (<50 ego)

took a lot longer then before the finish off a thread dued to the lower damage.

Defense makes up for the lower damage with a lot more miss.

Overall, it took me on average 3-4 Smileprin XR™ XR™ and 2-3 Ex-Girlfriend’s Cologne to pwn the nuclear forum each time. Which is 1 more of each pot I needed before balance. I also got killed once.

My Camwhore (PicsPlz) stats:

(with only mid level item upgrades)

Off: 10

Def: 5

Ego: 370

Sexiness: 133

Bad poetry does 169 unbuffed, 200 with 1xPump me up, 231 with 2xPMU

Report to authority does 110-120 unbuffed , 130 -150 1x PMU, 145-170 2xPMU

I was killing threads with 3-4 attacks, and thanks to the buffed Pump Me Up, my ego never fell below 50%

I was able to pwn the nuclear forum only using 2 L’ORLY lipstick each time.

Pic edited this message on 11/29/2007 2:03AM

Truck Driver

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Congratulations, Evil Trout! You just made the most common mistake in MMORPGs: the Over-Nerf!

I played through the Nuclear Plant forum with my level 10 Emo Kid and Camwhore, and the Camwhore is significantly more powerful than the Emo now. One major problem is that you quadruple-nerfed Emo Kid’s damage:

-increased Tears cost

-reduced base damage of attack

-reduced Low Ego bonus damage

-reduced bonus damage from Offense because the new formula punishes Emo Kids for having low base attacks

I have 17 Offense, and my most powerful Emo attack cannot break the 100 damage mark unless I have less than 10% of my life left. On the other hand, my Camwhore’s most powerful attack does +130 damage, thanks to the new Offense formula.

Truck Driver edited this message on 11/29/2007 2:28AM

Ruggan

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Did you make offense and defense cost equal amounts by increasing the cost of defense or decreasing that of offense?

Illandir

Level 14 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Defense is seriously expensive once it gets up there – I reset and was able to get back to 10 offense and 14 defense, an improvement of one defense point over my previous build. In order to get that extra point, I had to give up the TXT attacks and 3 points each in Upkeep and Luck. I have a feeling it might be beneficial to drop offense points for defense gains now, though, especially with the harder hitting special attacks and the forum strength nerfs.

Illandir edited this message on 11/29/2007 2:48AM

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

You can now carry over visits on days you don’t play. Up to 2 days worth, or enough to satisfy people who only play at the office and miss the weekend.

Love ya Log in to see images!

Maels

Level 26 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

Cyst Posted:

Evil Trout Posted:

You can now carry over visits on days you don’t play. Up to 2 days worth, or enough to satisfy people who only play at the office and miss the weekend.

Love ya Log in to see images!

This. This. A thousand times.

hahaPUNS

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

DrrtyCop comes later in the game, so that you don’t have two money sink ‘quests’ in a row

Oh fuuuuuuuck you, I just engaged these quests yesterday. And wasted a whole lode of antidepressants trying to blackop the KKK forum. Log in to see images! hahaPUNS edited this message on 11/29/2007 6:17AM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

maybe i could convince 7u880y to slack off a day now so i can get the peen for #1 forums owned…

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

forum visits are late this is unacceptable Log in to see images!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

yes i would like to rescind my donation

Mugaaz

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Anyone check price of first respec?

(After the free one)

Mugaaz edited this message on 11/29/2007 7:42AM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

100 flezz

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

haxlrose Posted:

resetting your upgrade points will cost you Log in to see images!100. are you absolutely certain you wish to go through with this?

remember, it will cost more each time you do it

That’s the first one after the upgrade.

beaten!

Cyst edited this message on 11/29/2007 7:49AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!