Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

DemonMage Posted:

Is there a point to Self Mutilate now? Before it was… so-so early game, now it’s of questionable use even there. Let alone any longer. Only reason I took it with my respec is because it’s required for one of my attack lines. Using it in the Headbangers to test out how much less damage going from 5 to 7 defense gets me… is underwhelming at best. I don’t seem to get a decrease in damage at all. Still 10-13 on average, with an occasional 9 or 14. Doesn’t seem to net me more 0 damage eithers, which I imagine come from luck.

Self-Mutilate is definitely meant as a lower level ability. Having said that during testing I found myself using it a fair bit. The 10 ego can be useful during medium level forums as well if you want to pull yourself away slightly from death’s door during the refresh period for an attack.

It’s worth noting that Defense now causes more misses too, so even if you’re seeing similar numbers when attacked, overall it might be quite a bit lower.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!