Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout It's Live Tonight - Forumwarz: The Rebalancing

Kitsune

[Suicide Pact]

Level 10 Emo Kid

just a fox trapped in a boi's body

Evil Trout Posted:

This doesn’t sound too out of whack to me, those are high level forums and are meant to be beaten around level 8-9.

Okay, well… hm. A suggestion: how about putting a “Min. Level Suggested” next to forums? I feel kinda silly now, for trying too hard. Log in to see images!

Game_Whino

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Wad the base cred bonus on RPG changed from 135 to 137? I could have sworn it was 135 before…

Razor

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

Game_Whino Posted:

Wad the base cred bonus on RPG changed from 135 to 137? I could have sworn it was 135 before…

Nope. It was always 137.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

I’m really digging these Troll changes. With them I was able to finish Episode 1 whereas before it was looking like I was going to need to take another week or so to get enough items together to tackle the final forum.

Lotta thanks for making items less needed.

Ruggan

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Why is it that other clbumes have an easy time nearing the 100-dmg mark while trolls have a tough time getting past 75 even with fap? That’s how it seems to me, at least.

Ryouga Inver-
se

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m loving the changes to the Troll.

Yeah, it doesn’t look like there are that many specific changes, but look again. All our attacks are high Attack bruisers with low refresh, so we can just Fap (which now lasts 9 turns and is actually totally worth it! though +1 more offense wouldn’t be bad, I suppose) and then Yo Momma + Insult our way through.

On the RPG forum I don’t even have to worry about whether or not I’ll have to follow up a Bad Poetry with another attack. And with Fap up I can burn through threads in two attacks instead of three.

That said I have an interesting complaint. The best Troll attacks are in the Evil tree still. At least, the most upgrade point effective ones. I didn’t have any reason to take TXT ATTAKS because there’s nothing after Annoying Text to compare with Insult, let alone Yo Momma.

If there is, maybe it’d be best to have some sort of tech tree style listing? As it is I don’t know if taking this attack is useful or not because I don’t know what comes after it. Actually a tree listing all the upgrades would be really, really useful as it’d allow us OCD players to pick which upgrades we wanted and plan it out.

Excellent changes all around, though, thanks Log in to see images! Especially the forum visit bank, that’s nice, too bad it’s only 2 days because I didn’t visit for a whole week…

ed: that said, when I made the suggestion that troll attacks should cost more, I meant they should also do more damage along with Log in to see images! Ryouga Inverse edited this message on 11/29/2007 5:45PM

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

This doesn’t sound too out of whack to me, those are high level forums and are meant to be beaten around level 8-9.

Camwhores, enjoy being on top while it lasts! Because the overwhelming consensus seems to be that things are too easy. I’ll be making some minor adjustments when I get a bigger picture.

You know whenever you make balance changes people are going to whine as they adapt. You should leave the changes for at least a week to see if the whining is more than just a natural reaction as people have to think of different strategies.

I’ve seen it in games before when balance changes are made too quickly and you never really know if any of them were effective. Episode 2 isn’t coming out for a long time, there’s no rush.

Flayer edited this message on 11/29/2007 6:24PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Flayer Posted:

I’ve seen it in games before when balance changes are made too quickly and you never really know if any of them were effective. Episode 2 isn’t coming out for a long time, there’s no rush.

Yeah this is a good point. I wasn’t going to change it tonight or anything, but there is no real hurry.

Emos were overpowered for a long time, after all!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

While I’m sure that that this was a balanace patch meant for people actively playing through the story, how effective it is can’t be entirely measured by the players who have already completed the game.

however, postgame difficulty does say something about the difficulty each clbum will have after the start of chapter 2.. right now, I don’t feel it will be very difficult, I can get through the nuke forum with one, maybe two lipsticks.. and I still have 100 health left over.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cubear Posted:

While I’m sure that that this was a balanace patch meant for people actively playing through the story, how effective it is can’t be entirely measured by the players who have already completed the game.

however, postgame difficulty does say something about the difficulty each clbum will have after the start of chapter 2.. right now, I don’t feel it will be very difficult, I can get through the nuke forum with one, maybe two lipsticks.. and I still have 100 health left over.

Yeah, each clbum should more or less be on the same page when Episode 2 begins.

Also, the plan is to have the beginning of Episode 2 be fairly easy as far as pwning goes. We’ll introduce more story and conversation based stuff up front to ease you into the battle, which will get progressively more challening toward the end.

I think it would really suck from a gameplay standpoint if you brought your character into episode 2 then couldn’t beat the first forum!

Megaflare

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I think camwhores being able to defeat the nuke forum using no XRXRs at all and only two “skill” recoveries (apparently) is kind of out of whack… but yeah I’m sure you’ll look it over.

Overall, I’m alright with our adjustments except for one… self-mutilate. I think cutting the heal in half and reducing the buff by over 50% was pretty harsh and should have only been one or the other. I can understand the buff nerf considering the new importance of defense… I guess anyway, though I doubt anyone would have said Self-Mutilate was overpowered before the nerf. But 10 ego every 9 turns (this specifically) is useless even early on.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Megaflare Posted:

I think camwhores being able to defeat the nuke forum using no XRXRs at all and only two “skill” recoveries (apparently) is kind of out of whack… but yeah I’m sure you’ll look it over.

Overall, I’m alright with our adjustments except for one… self-mutilate. I think cutting the heal in half and reducing the buff by over 50% was pretty harsh and should have only been one or the other. I can understand the buff nerf considering the new importance of defense… I guess anyway, though I doubt anyone would have said Self-Mutilate was overpowered before the nerf. But 10 ego every 9 turns (this specifically) is useless even early on.

I do go into battles with 300 ego. and I only need the sexiness because I’ve only got 100. if i respec my character a couple more times I might be able to find the magical no items pwn forumula ©

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Flayer Posted:

Episode 2 isn’t coming out for a long time, there’s no rush.

How long would this be? I know the rebalancing updates will probably keep me interested to at least some degree, but I don’t want to end up losing interest in the game, forgetting about it completely and missing future episodes. Evil Trout, could you please consider sending emails to all players whenever an episode is released, to bring back players who might have forgotten?

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 11/29/2007 9:20PM

SoCalGrrl69

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think you need to tone down the healing on Pump Me Up, or make it cost more. I don’t need any XRXRs to beat the nuke forum. That camwhores do a lot more damage now isn’t the problem I think, since even my emo who used to do more average damage needed at least a few XRXRs. I think it is the cheap and frequent healing which is making camwhores overpowered now.

Dongle

Level 19 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

It only costs me 1127 flezz to pwn the nuke forum now. Log in to see images!

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

SoCalGrrl69 Posted:

I think you need to tone down the healing on Pump Me Up, or make it cost more. I don’t need any XRXRs to beat the nuke forum. That camwhores do a lot more damage now isn’t the problem I think, since even my emo who used to do more average damage needed at least a few XRXRs. I think it is the cheap and frequent healing which is making camwhores overpowered now.

I don’t really get this attitude. Camwhores pay more to fix their items so to balance that a little they spend a few less items owning forums. Camwhore items still break faster than other clbumes too.

It’s not just a straight comparison of how many items each clbum needs to own a forum, you have to look at all the facets of each character.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

How long would this be? I know the rebalancing updates will probably keep me interested to at least some degree, but I don’t want to end up losing interest in the game, forgetting about it completely and missing future episodes. Evil Trout, could you please consider sending emails to all players whenever an episode is released, to bring back players who might have forgotten?

I can’t imagine we would launch an episode without at least making an attempt to contact previously avid players, so make sure your login email isn’t something fake Log in to see images!

We know people get bored between episodes, and it kinda sucks, which is why my next task is mainly about giving you guys a way to entertain yourselves (hint: it’s a tool to build your own game content).

It’s important that Forumwarz is not only fun for people playing the story, but also for people interacting with each other. It’ll just take some time until both aspects of game are at that point. Hopefully you’ll at least check in from time to time to see what’s going on Log in to see images!, because if nothing else things change really fast around here.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

We know people get bored between episodes, and it kinda sucks, which is why my next task is mainly about giving you guys a way to entertain yourselves (hint: it’s a tool to build your own game content).

It’s the text adventure development system isn’t it? Because that would rule.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

It’s the text adventure development system isn’t it? Because that would rule.

No, although we might release that too Log in to see images!

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

If you do, you should not only hold the previously-mentioned game creation contest, but also a contest to choose a name for the system with a clever acronym, like Forumwarz Adventure Game System or Forumwarz Understandably Cool Kreator.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!