Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Bracket Discussion

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Seriously, this ****ing bull**** needs to stop. 4 alts dictating who wins is not my idea of fun.

Is it hard to make alts land on different brackets? Seriously.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Signed

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

ut oh, ep 2 coming when aunt flo is visiting Fran?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

On the other hand, don’t you think the alt owner has been putting a lot of effort into it to get them into the same bracket?

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

quangntenemy Posted:

On the other hand, don’t you think the alt owner has been putting a lot of effort into it to get them into the same bracket?

Sweeping to get 4 medals after a few weeks is not hard. Also sweeping to get to 8, while takes some more work, it’s still possible and easy.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Which pod was it this time?

Biff Weasley

Avatar: 2174 Wed Nov 05 00:04:24 -0500 2008

Level 19 Troll

bumhead

They paid for the advantage.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

MC Banhammer Posted:

Headsets 2

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Fran Posted:

Sweeping to get 4 medals after a few weeks is not hard. Also sweeping to get to 8, while takes some more work, it’s still possible and easy.

It’s as easy as getting the I’m Gay e-peen… Oh wait u haven’t got it yet Log in to see images!

Whiny ****es?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Oh Fran, you had 4 alts helping you too. Malaise just played them to their fullest and mine didn’t get as much low level destruction. I ended with over 20 unneeded bumholes.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

FRAN IS A SEXY WOMAN WHO I AGREE WITH AND IS NOT A B*TCH. I ALSO LOVE TUBS BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST MOD.

Now that my ban-worthy post is fixed, I do agree. It provides an unfair advantage to have one account win and one to harvest cards.

Raepdog was banned for this post by Evil Trout

Raepdog edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I always thought that the short term solution to this is klan raiding.

MC Banhammer Posted:

There was several with one person having 3 – 4 characters in the same bracket. It doesn’t just happen to Fran. It is the result of solo raiding and what is becoming an arms race.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Also, I wasn’t at all implying that this wasn’t a problem. It’s a huge problem.

In the bracket Fran was talking about the alt parade was excessive. I’m not going to alt reveal, but the breakdown:

3 players had 2

1 player had 4 (that was me)

1 player had 4 definitely, possibly 5

It is not at all unusual for alt whores who actively play Dom to have 2 or more alts in one bracket. Yes, the time has to be invested to play them, just as it has to be invested to raid. That certainly doesn’t mean that the situation isn’t a problem, it is.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

But what is the solution, scully? There is one raiding klan, and the attitude of solo players seem to be that to compete they need a stable of alts. Aren’t we solo players complaining about a situation that we created and set out to achieve?

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

was Posted:

But what is the solution, scully?

Could charge an additional couple bp’s per alt that play dom, applied retroactively. This could be offset with awarding antifreeze or chocolate scoops for bp contests, since those make everyone involved happier.

There is one raiding klan

I saw what j00 guys did this past dom week.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

But what is the solution, scully? There is one raiding klan, and the attitude of solo players seem to be that to compete they need a stable of alts. Aren’t we solo players complaining about a situation that we created and set out to achieve?

Yup. Absolutely. The alt problem used to be a raiding problem, since everyone could join the raid and get scoops. “Alt towers” or “meat shields” were probably the number one raiding complaint. Since it changed to only one character per player it has really opened the lower brackets, but really the most aggressive players have a tendency to play their characters and the similar medal counts toss them into the same brackets. Clearly the situations feed each other and counter each other. Unfortunately, none of it makes it even remotely reasonable. When Good Omens started successfully interrupting E2B raids (due mainly to our large stable of alts) the response from E2B was a bunch of new alts. The only response that works is more alts. They all require a time commitment to groom and run. Eventually instead of being fun it is all a part time (sometimes full time) job.

I don’t want alts to be useless beyond spading. I really like playing all my alts. Like I’ve said, I don’t know where the balance is or if balance can happen. If alts cannot be in bracket together it puts a virtual cap on every scoop type except chocolate for everyone except raiders. If raids are limited it will cap that end of things. If bracket size is fixed it will add an element of balance (I mean really, the top ten brackets last round ranged in size from 3 players to 28 players. Some of those people obviously had a hell of a lot more competition.)

priscilla Posted:

I saw what j00 guys did this past dom week.

E2B is the only regularly raiding klan that does it successfully. Snobby could obviously raid successfully every week, but I don’t have any idea if that will happen. ED and Yiffz have tried, and did a nice job from what I could see, but they certainly weren’t coming close to being competitive with it.

I don’t know. Maybe with Ep 2 hitting everyone will want to klan up and raid, but really for as long as raiding has been active there have been 2 or 3 serious raiding klans max. As long as there is such a large time commitment needed to achieve a decent number of scoops, it will remain something that only a few are interested in trying. And as long as alts can be fed into a vanilla raiding machine the process cannot be sped up, or we end up with the 1000 scoop towers we saw when E2B first realized that forums could be overwritten.

Dom as a whole is jammed with catch-22 situations that make it very damn hard to adjust one thing without adjusting another, which in turn forces something else to be looked at. I suppose everything could just be left as is and anti-freeze could be uncapped. Log in to see images!

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

priscilla Posted:

Could charge an additional couple bp’s per alt that play dom, applied retroactively.

I really don’t think increasing the financial barrier to entry is the best way to go about this. Someone with the time, money and desire to play 10 dom alts, will, and they’ll have an enormous advantage over anyone else. Dom continues to be an arms race, about who has the most alts.

priscilla Posted:

This could be offset with awarding antifreeze or chocolate scoops for bp contests, since those make everyone involved happier.

While that’d be interesting, the issue I see is that someone would have to determine which sort of contests are acceptable. I mean, I don’t think you could give out scoops for contests where the winner is determined by the person running the contest, there’s just too much room for manipulation. Though it’d be fun to have Not Ricket hold hourly MS Paint art contests, where amazingly, I win every time.

scullyangel Posted:

If raids are limited it will cap that end of things.

As I said in the other thread, limiting raids without limiting (and even encouraging) interference will kill raiding. It’s just too easy to interrupt raids, with alts that you don’t really care about, to benefit the character you do care about. A cap on raid participants, for example, just lowers the number of turns someone has to spend to interfere, and makes raiding largely useless to anyone who doesn’t have an army of alts.

I think the best solution is to just cap the number of alts that any person can have involved in dom, like you said in the aforementioned thread, even though it’s an annoying and artificial solution.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Also, signed, regarding Fran’s original post.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Yeah, free range interruption is just as bad. I’m going to figure this whole thing out during the downtime. For now…

Can’t we all just get along??? Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!