Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

But what is the solution, scully? There is one raiding klan, and the attitude of solo players seem to be that to compete they need a stable of alts. Aren’t we solo players complaining about a situation that we created and set out to achieve?

Yup. Absolutely. The alt problem used to be a raiding problem, since everyone could join the raid and get scoops. “Alt towers” or “meat shields” were probably the number one raiding complaint. Since it changed to only one character per player it has really opened the lower brackets, but really the most aggressive players have a tendency to play their characters and the similar medal counts toss them into the same brackets. Clearly the situations feed each other and counter each other. Unfortunately, none of it makes it even remotely reasonable. When Good Omens started successfully interrupting E2B raids (due mainly to our large stable of alts) the response from E2B was a bunch of new alts. The only response that works is more alts. They all require a time commitment to groom and run. Eventually instead of being fun it is all a part time (sometimes full time) job.

I don’t want alts to be useless beyond spading. I really like playing all my alts. Like I’ve said, I don’t know where the balance is or if balance can happen. If alts cannot be in bracket together it puts a virtual cap on every scoop type except chocolate for everyone except raiders. If raids are limited it will cap that end of things. If bracket size is fixed it will add an element of balance (I mean really, the top ten brackets last round ranged in size from 3 players to 28 players. Some of those people obviously had a hell of a lot more competition.)

priscilla Posted:

I saw what j00 guys did this past dom week.

E2B is the only regularly raiding klan that does it successfully. Snobby could obviously raid successfully every week, but I don’t have any idea if that will happen. ED and Yiffz have tried, and did a nice job from what I could see, but they certainly weren’t coming close to being competitive with it.

I don’t know. Maybe with Ep 2 hitting everyone will want to klan up and raid, but really for as long as raiding has been active there have been 2 or 3 serious raiding klans max. As long as there is such a large time commitment needed to achieve a decent number of scoops, it will remain something that only a few are interested in trying. And as long as alts can be fed into a vanilla raiding machine the process cannot be sped up, or we end up with the 1000 scoop towers we saw when E2B first realized that forums could be overwritten.

Dom as a whole is jammed with catch-22 situations that make it very damn hard to adjust one thing without adjusting another, which in turn forces something else to be looked at. I suppose everything could just be left as is and anti-freeze could be uncapped. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!