Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Suggestion: Increase Flamebate/IDC/Wikipedia level requirements

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Increase Flamebate/IDC requirements so you can only post when you’re lv6. It’s impossible to reach lv6 within a day, and all the questions someone would have by this level are in the wiki.

Increase Wikipedia requirements so you can only create/edit articles when you’re lv10 or have the Outpost of Tyranny E-Peen. You don’t need/don’t have enough experience to edit said stuff if you didn’t finish the game yet.

Fran edited this message on 10/12/2008 11:31AM

banana

[I Liek Mudkipz]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I agree

Some dedication required before people can spill their crap on the public outlet

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I have to say, this wouldn’t be a bad thing. I would have said level 10 for Wiki editing,

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

scullyangel Posted:

I have to say, this wouldn’t be a bad thing. I would have said level 10 for Wiki editing,

Outpost of Tyranny E-Peen, maybe?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

That’s not wiki anymore.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I definitely agree with the level 8 Spoilerpedia requirement. Who is under level 8 and has seen something that the rest of us haven’t already?

not sure about raising the Flamebate limit to level 6. I would agree with it but only if the “You cant check out Flamebate yet!” has a link on it to Spoilerpedia (specifically to this thread. That way, people who are stuck on a part of Episode 1 pre-level 6 will still be able to easily find the info they need.

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

That’s not wiki anymore.

Well, why it isn’t a wiki? Spoilerpedia has enough info for now. It will stop most vandalism. People will not have the need to edit it until they’re well past lv6 anyway.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Wiki is based on the idea of open content. Everyone can be a contributor. It’s okay to have a protection against vandalism but setting minimum level is not a good way to do it.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Orb Posted:

I definitely agree with the level 8 Spoilerpedia requirement. Who is under level 8 and has seen something that the rest of us haven’t already?

not sure about raising the Flamebate limit to level 6. I would agree with it but only if the “You cant check out Flamebate yet!” has a link on it to Spoilerpedia (specifically to this thread. That way, people who are stuck on a part of Episode 1 pre-level 6 will still be able to easily find the info they need.

Maybe they should include a link the Spoilerpedia in the beginning hints.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

quangntenemy Posted:

Wiki is based on the idea of open content. Everyone can be a contributor. It’s okay to have a protection against vandalism but setting minimum level is not a good way to do it.

And what can newbies that are level 8 or lower, contribute to Spoilerpedia?

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Posted:

And what can newbies that are level 8 or lower, contribute to Spoilerpedia?

Some people under level 8 aren’t newbies. For example it takes quite a while for a permanoob to reach that level.

On the other hand, many rubbish on the wiki are written by “pros” level higher than 8.

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

quangntenemy Posted:

Lol **** that. I wish we could put a minimum level IQ for Encyclopedia Dramatica. Not everyone should contribute.

I say we put higher restrictions on editing the wiki (10) and Flamebate, but I think IDC should stay at the same level, just for those people who REALLY need help.

Edit: Nevermind, I just think higher on the wiki, IDC and Flamebate are fine.

IMMA FLIPFLOPPER

Johnny Mac edited this message on 10/11/2008 3:54AM

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

quangntenemy Posted:

Some people under level 8 aren’t newbies. For example it takes quite a while for a permanoob to reach that level.

On the other hand, many rubbish on the wiki are written by “pros” level higher than 8.

It would have the same restrictions of the current Flamebate restriction: if the account has one character higher/equal of the level needed to post/edit stuff, any characters from that account can post/edit regardless of level.

These restrictions would only potentially hinder people new to the game. Or illegal multis.

Fran edited this message on 10/11/2008 3:41AM

o0-M00N_KriK-
37-0o

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I would like to put forth the idea that vandalism and annoying fabulous persons are what keeps this community alive. Without people like Wild-**** and iRawr this place would fall into mundane e-peen jerking. Keep the restrictions as is.

zigzagoon

Avatar: 28782 2011-07-31 12:19:07 -0400

Level 20 Permanoob

“Asshat”

o0-M00N_KriK37-0o Posted:

I would like to put forth the idea that vandalism and annoying fabulous persons are what keeps this community alive. Without people like Wild-**** and iRawr this place would fall into mundane e-peen jerking. Keep the restrictions as is.

your idea intrigues me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Do this for Forumbuildr also

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

it’s okay the way it it – I need no change

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

Bump for this.

Seriously, do I need to deal with reverting stuff like this http://forumwarz.com/spoilers/revision/Fran/21 (warning: NSFW) every day?

Just increase the ****ing limit for god’s sake.

MOCK-CONGLER-
S ****

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 35 Camwhore

I can't stop staring at Jessica Alba's nips all day ;(((

6 is a little high imo and might make noobs who would otherwise stick around, leave since they cannot use the things.

but i think due to the recent irawr thing, perhaps posting lvl in flamebate or idc should be raised,

or make it so you cant reach lvl4 in one day

Fran

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

MOCK-CONGLERS **** Posted:

6 is a little high imo and might make noobs who would otherwise stick around, leave since they cannot use the things.

but i think due to the recent irawr thing, perhaps posting lvl in flamebate or idc should be raised,

or make it so you cant reach lvl4 in one day

I don’t think why we would want people who can’t wait for a day, but I see your reasoning for Flamebate. T

Tbh it’s wiki that has been ****ing me off and I see no reason as to why someone without a character with Outpost of Tyranny can edit it.

What are people lower then that going to add? There’s NOTHING ELSE from Episode 1 to add. Unless minor fixes that are usually noticed by veteran people.

I know EP2 is coming and blah blah blah, but it will take a while until stuff like Hacker info is added and these will probably be added by people who already finished EP1. And I don’t think EP2 info will be added by people who haven’t finish EP1.

Fran edited this message on 10/12/2008 11:38AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!