Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Bans and Illegal Alts

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

from our POV people have a main account, and alts. not a bunch of alts. and essentially when you’re going to let someone come back (as others have) with just one account and on shakey grounds (as pointed out in the clarification,) it makes sense a person would want to return on their main.

Well that’s fine. If Ronnie appeals his ban to ET and ET allows him to come back, they’ll work out which account will come back, which alts will be combined into the one account, etc.

KOL Addict

[WeChall]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Hi, i was Robotworld and i’m sorry for creating illegal multis. Now i shall play this game properly using this and only this account. Thanks moderator for enlightening me!Log in to see images!

Agent_Orange

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I do not move out of the way

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

This also applies to people who have had all their accounts banned. There have been people who have been annoying and been banned repeatedly, but keep popping up with new accounts. Since they are not actively playing multiple accounts (their previous ones have been banned and therefore receive no activity), we usually let them start fresh, but on thin ice.

You can consider this a second chance — let’s say you came to Flamebate and posted Goatse in general discussion. You’d be banned right away. But if you came back with a new account and played by the rules, we’ll let you stay. The thin ice part means that if you break ANY rules, we’ll permaban you for it.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Evil Trout Posted:

This also applies to people who have had all their accounts banned. There have been people who have been annoying and been banned repeatedly, but keep popping up with new accounts. Since they are not actively playing multiple accounts (their previous ones have been banned and therefore receive no activity), we usually let them start fresh, but on thin ice.

You can consider this a second chance — let’s say you came to Flamebate and posted Goatse in general discussion. You’d be banned right away. But if you came back with a new account and played by the rules, we’ll let you stay. The thin ice part means that if you break ANY rules, we’ll permaban you for it.

Well iRawr was permabanned, came back, broke a rule but he is temp banned now. Shouldn’t he be permabanned?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Posted:

Well iRawr was permabanned, came back, broke a rule but he is temp banned now. Shouldn’t he be permabanned?

The best I can explain on this is he didn’t violate any specific board rule. Instead he toxxed a contest that was in Ayn Rands. That’s “not playing nicely” but not “broke a rule”. So ET’s call, as I understand it, was basically “Let’s try again after a lengthy cool-down period.”

McZero

Level 7 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Oops, sorry please ban my alt, I din’t know that it was illegal: McZeroNG. I have another one but I forgot it’s name.

evilhamster

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Is there any way to get a couple of my alts deleted so I can start the game over with them?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

evilhamster Posted:

Is there any way to get a couple of my alts deleted so I can start the game over with them?

Unfortunately no.

Anunymous

Avatar: 79676 Fri Apr 10 14:15:18 -0400 2009

[Gay Goose Mafia]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I have a question considering your detection tools. I live in a communal house with three other roommates. Is it possible that in the course of the them playing all of us will be banned. If it is that would kinda suck considering I have already spent close to thirty dollars on this game via my various legal alts.

Summergirl_94

[Good Omens]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Anunymous Posted:

I have a question considering your detection tools. I live in a communal house with three other roommates. Is it possible that in the course of the them playing all of us will be banned. If it is that would kinda suck considering I have already spent close to thirty dollars on this game via my various legal alts.

Evil Trout Posted:

We now have a system to attach notes to accounts if there are multiple people living in the same household to prevent bans. If you tubmail McBanhammer or me we can attach the notes for you. Otherwise you risk being banned Log in to see images!

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I wouldn’t have allowed multiple free accounts under one IP for any reason, if I were ET. The idea in a free account is to get you interested enough to where you buy more than what the cost of the account would have been. If you’re living with other people who see you play and become interested, they’ve pbumed that stage. Conversely, users could have been charged after using so many turns.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

priscilla Posted:

I wouldn’t have allowed multiple free accounts under one IP for any reason, if I were ET. The idea in a free account is to get you interested enough to where you buy more than what the cost of the account would have been. If you’re living with other people who see you play and become interested, they’ve pbumed that stage. Conversely, users could have been charged after using so many turns.

But if you buy an alt that the other person can use on your account, then that person could use your character, due to the dynamics of the alt change page. There’s nothing stopping them from spending your brownie points, wasting your visits, or various other malicious deeds.

And this in turn brings up the DRM arguement, in a way. If I bought and can play a game, why can’t other members of my household? Making them pay for an extra copy is a major male reproductive organ move. It’s a slightly different paying method here, but the principle remains.

And if Crotch Zombie decide that they want Family/housemates/whatever to pay for extra accounts, then they’re also going to decide that you have to pay for each alt to play episode two, and that would be a major, MAJOR turn off for someone with tons of alts, whether they belong to other people or not.

As it happens, there is another person who plays forumwarz in my house, and they have to pay for episode two separately. So, that’s fair for both Crotch Zombie and the other player.

facialimpedi-
ment

[The Protected]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Yeah, I bought Episode Two on this account, then started an alt on a different account. Obviously, now that I’ve read the rules, I won’t be using that other account. So yeah, get rid of the facialexcrement account. No more ban-risking **** from me Log in to see images!

MOCK-CONGLER-
S ****

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 35 Camwhore

I can't stop staring at Jessica Alba's nips all day ;(((

Evil Trout Posted:

Honestly the problem is Hotmail. Ever since Forumwarz launched they’ve consider us spam. I’ve jumped through a crazy amount of hoops with them to get our emails approved, and the final conclusion was “We can’t tell you what to change to fix it, sorry.”

We currently have 11k email addresses from Hotmail in our database. We figure it would be much worse to deny those people entry than validate the account.

Remember, our site is not Facebook, we don’t make money based on selling your personal information to other people. In fact, the only personal details we ask about you are your first name, last name and email. The most important reason to use a valid email address here is so we can contact you if need be.

For example, many of our dormant users have expressed an interest in getting an email when Episode 2 comes out. The best way to make sure you get that email is to make sure your email address isn’t asdfasdf@asdfasdf.com Log in to see images!

haha, ic.. still, asdfasdf@asdf.asd is a p sweet acct, but now i see whyfore you havent implemented the email deal

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

facialimpediment Posted:

Yeah, I bought Episode Two on this account, then started an alt on a different account. Obviously, now that I’ve read the rules, I won’t be using that other account. So yeah, get rid of the facialexcrement account. No more ban-risking **** from me Log in to see images!

Done.

WoundedSnake

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

What about different people using a common computer, like say, one in a computer lab in a school, to play? Are they breaking any rule?

WoundedSnake edited this message on 12/26/2008 6:38PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

WoundedSnake Posted:

What about different people using a common computer, like say, one in a computer lab in a school, to play? Are they breaking any rule?

Don’t think so.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

FalconFour was on thin ice, he broke a rule again but he got temp banned. Shouldn’t he be permabanned?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Posted:

FalconFour was on thin ice, he broke a rule again but he got temp banned. Shouldn’t he be permabanned?

F4 wasn’t banned for illegal alts.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!