Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

This contest is designed to let you to do what you already do best: emasculate Forumwarz.

“Emasculate” means to deprive of virility and vigor. This can be done through literal castration, or by simply humilating.

In this case, we want you to help us diminish the phallocentric nature of the game dialog, particularly in Episodes 1 and 2. In the process, you can win some awesome prizes! Log in to see images!

See, when Forumwarz started, we didn’t expect anyone would play — much less any women. But since about 20 percent of our players are female, it’s been pointed out that the dialog often bumumes you’re a man, particularly in the early stages. Some users find this alienating and say it takes away from the realism.

We’re not looking to make the entire game “gender-neutral.” It’s fine if a few characters insist you’re one gender or another, without bothering to ask. We’re just looking for the most blatant oversights. And we’re also looking for subtle, creative, and funny solutions! If we implement your suggestions, you’ll win some cool ****.

Here’s how we’ll do this:

Tubmail me with the subject line “Peenoplasty.” (Note: If you’re unable to follow this simple instruction, I’m going to have a hard time believing you’re capable of executing this contest.)

Briefly state your interest in taking part. It helps if you sound sincere, literate and somewhat witty.

– I’ll let the submissions trickle in and announce a “cut-off” date, no pun intended.

– I’ll pick out some applicants and send them enough BP to start a new character (45 Log in to see images!). Now that’s incentive!

– Use the new character to play through the game from the beginning (sorry) and identify the most egregious examples of sexist oversight you can find. Catalog them and see if you can come up with clever alternative text.

– Finally, Tubmail your findings to me! I will announce another cut-off date for final subs.

BONUS: If you come up with any other good text revisions, I’ll certainly consider them. I haven’t revisited Episodes 1 and 2 in a long time, so a bit o’ punch-up wouldn’t hurt. Log in to see images!

¡Los Premios Grandes!

• If you managed to catch a few things and even bothered to make suggestions, you can keep the new character and I’ll give you enough BP to play Episode 3 (100 Log in to see images!).

• Anyone who gets their suggestion implemented will win 150 BP and an exclusive E-Skinflap™! (A genderless, Ken Doll-version of an E-Peen™)

• The top contestant as chosen by me gets 300 BP, the special E-Skinflap™, and can cut off one of my E-Peens™ to keep as a trophy!*

*Basically, I’ll remove a Peen from my collection (except for We Recommend The Crotch), and bumign it to the alt of your choice. The Peen will be specially marked and have a custom description, but it will have the same value as the original.

Pretty awesome, huh? Log in to see images!

Remember, Tubmail me to enter. You can discuss the contest and ask questions in this thread. Don’t post your findings here, obviously.

If you’re wondering, this has been a pet project of mine for a while, but a recent complaint reminded me to kick it into gear. Girl power! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!