Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

So I go online to get a particular script (a script lets you do things in rpg maker it otherwise isn’t preprogrammed to do). I try it. It works during a battle test. That was last night.

Today I go to play through the thing and every time I talk to somebody the text just repeats over and over in a continuous loop. So I spend like 45 minutes trying to pinpoint the problem. I’m thinking well this new script must conflict with some of my old scripts or something right, because I notice it works when I take his script out. Then I notice it doesn’t work when I leave his script in and take all the others out. I’m like WTF is it about my game that doesn’t like his script?

Then I open up his demo that has the script in it. The demo contained only an enemy you click on that starts a battle and no talking NPCs… I add only a simple NPC who says “test” when you click on him. IT DOES IT ON THE DEMO! Test test test over and over…

This dude went as far as to write like a 50 page script, yet missed the most obviously-spotted game breaking error imaginable, and uploaded that ****. Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!