Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Duncecap

[The Airship]

Level 44 Hacker

“Backdoor Bob”

Drakodan Posted:

Actually, a monkey’s head was removed and transplanted onto another one’s body once, and they managed to wake it up. It was paralyzed from the neck down, but responded to them by snapping at their fingers with its teeth and following them with its eyes. It was clearly alive, just paralyzed. It didn’t survive for very long though.

Afraid I have no source, but I did read about this once.

Okay, you see my post up there? Where I talked about scientists from Ohio had faked some results for attention and money?

THIS IS THAT EXPERIMENT.

They hooked the head’s blood vessels up to a basic dialysis machine, oxygenated the blood, pumped it around. Basic life support stuff. At first the monkey head responded, (as you would expect), then it stopped responding, (after no more than an hour), but showed signs of life, (brainwaves, blood vessel constriction/dilation, etc.), and then died, definitively, after 6 days.

To another monkey body? No. They’ve had to hook up its lungs nerves/controls and its heart’s nerves/controls to the correct places to do that, which would be just as difficult as connecting, say, its arms, or legs.

Basically, to say that the monkey was alive, but paralysed just fits in that crack where any thinking person should realize “why so far and no farther?”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!