Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/403700-jalapeno-8217-s-bootyhole-leer

As we all might have guessed, this auction was flagged for abuse and confiscated. I know we’ve been down this road before, but things are a little different this time.

First of all, this item actually has some useful qualities, unlike our famous marble. Now, I’m sure there are other, cheaper duplicates of this item out there to purchase, but as with anything in a capitalistic society, advertising has a huge impact on how much people are willing to spend on something. In this case, the advertising was very good. The thread made me laugh, and because of this I decided to bid on the stupid file. When I got outbid, I honestly thought “no, I want this file, and I’ll make sure I get it”.

I know it’s irrational, but in this case the thread linked to the item really did have an effect on how much the item was worth to me.

I’m not asking for any kind of change in the abuse filter, since it clearly does its job well. What I am asking for is an inquiry into this auction to determine, by an impartial and trusted judge (a mod), whether or not there were any shenanigans here. If the mods feel like I just wanted to transfer a rather insignificant amount of flezz to a guy who was about to make 85million off another auction, then I’ll shut up and stop arguing. But if a trusted source says “I get why this particular auction went so high, everything seems ok to me” then I’d ask ET to please (when he has time, of course) give me my file and McB his money.

I honestly do not think this is unreasonable.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!