Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

MC Banhammer Posted:

You’re missing my point Log in to see images!

My point is, when we were banning for shock, people argued that some of the bans (bummilk, or pierced male reproductive organes, or whatever in particular) WASN’T shock. So we set about trying to define it in a way which could be utilized for consistent banning. And we failed miserably, because the line on shock is different for every person. So another solution had to be found.

I do understand that you can’t please everyone all the time, etc etc. That’s pretty much a universal truth, here in Fwz and out IRL. But what I’m seeing in this thread (or was it another one?) is that the majority of the people DON’T want to see shock pics embedded wherever someone feels like placing them. Seems like the “let’s allow ALL shock pics” policy was adopted as a means of pacifying the oh-so-vocal minority rather than the (relatively) silent majority. Sure, it made the mods’ jobs easier, especially considering we had what, 2 active mods at the time? Now that we have 100 mods, AND comm bans as a viable option for punishment, maybe it’s time to revert to the old rules. Just sayin’ Log in to see images! Fingerz edited this message on 07/16/2009 12:49PM

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!