Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

It’s a really ugly line and both sides have merit.

There have been some legitimate issues in the past. Look at the “don’t post off topic pics in a sticky” rule that was put into place with no announcement and then got gigerth banned for like 2 months. Sure, gig is a troll, but he didn’t even know he was doing something he could get banned for. That was pretty stupid.

Some of the rule clarifications that have happened recently have been good. I personally really like that there is a place to look to see if a rule update has been made. The bull**** of having to check every single forum rule sticky was ridiculous.

I know the rule pushers will push regardless, we all know that, but there is something ****ty about getting slammed for something that you had no clue was a problem. There is no reason a “rule pusher” should be punished to an extreme for something that someone else would get away with.

We have too many mods. They don’t agree on much of anything. They all have users that they personally dislike and would love to nail. Some take it dead serious, some let everything slide, some giggle at the wackiness even as they dole out the punishments they must.

It’s a ****ty job, but dealing with edge riders in a fair manner is part of it. I’d rather see a few more rules – not for the public, but so that the mods are held to a standard. It is stupid as hell that if one mod sees something a person will get a 1 day ban, but if another sees it they will get a week.

I don’t know. I think some of the people howling to allow the mods to use their discretion are going to change their tune awfully fast when they realize that they and their buddies are also subject to whimsy.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!