Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

was Posted:

You know I remember when the most disputed rule was the “No All Caps” one.

The dispute I remember was when nana got banned for posting like “THAT WAS SO AWESOME” in a way that was meant to convey her feelings and not at all troll. The rule was technically broken, but it was clearly intended (to me) to stop people from trolling by means of hard-to-read text. I guess my thoughts are that the spirit of a rule should be enforced more than the letter, and I thought everyone felt the same way after the circus that was the “taskforce” trying to nail down specific rules while a bunch of us acted out in the gaps.

Hell, Oda and I got banned while trying to point out why completely rigid and objective (?) enforcement of rules was stupid through the use of mod reports. Incidentally, this was the ban of mine I got a little mad about. I should have gotten banned for “mod sbum”, but like I brought up recently the mods seem incredibly reluctant to use their discretion and hide behind the defined rules regardless of how nonsensical it makes their actions. So instead, I got banned for a post I’d made four days prior in a thread that was invisible to the public after getting a pbum on it from another mod.

Kaiser recently got banned with a completely trumped up reason because a mod didn’t like him and wanted to hide behind a rule.

I had a big thing written here about how I thought the modding process ought to work, but I deleted it because I don’t really know how it should work. I don’t have experience moderating a large community, and I’m not a great judge of what’s funny and what’s over the line. I feel like bans limited to portions of the site would ease things quite a bit, even if you don’t think so. It’ll give mods the freedom to toss out a “discretionary” ban without quite the ****storm, and so there won’t need to be a three day discussion before a borderline issue gets dealt with. Ban first, overturn later. If someone’s too banhappy, get on their bum for it. Rigid rules are **** because loopholes are immediately obvious to anyone that wants to keep ****ing with the mods.

I can’t claim to know SG94’s reasons, but I do remember how ****ed off he was over that 1 minute ban that ****ed up a forum visit back in the day. Considering that he took the game that seriously and a streak for Dom now takes WEEKS to build up, I can understand why ****ing up his game for a post that a decent number of people found a funny joke rather than offensive trolling would make him quit. I doubt he’d have left over just a forum ban, even if his interest was waning.

Also I understand that this is a ****ty post with very little point even after killing half of it and starting over. That’s why I don’t want to be a mod ever Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!