Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’ve been a mod and even an admin on other sites. The difference IMO is just how FLEXIBLE this site really is — most of what’s allowed to be posted would be bannable on other sites. Hell, necro-ing threads is bannable on many sites :rolleyes:

That’s what makes this one so tough. People expect to get treated with kid gloves for things which on other sites might be allowed as a joke, but on this site could be seen as trolling in somewhere specifically excluded from trolling. I believe that’s why the rules have gotten so tight around here.

Are you saying that the moderators getting stricter is blowback from users that were trying to get banned? Did we need stricter enforcement?

This situation is that a good portion of this community will break the rules, for fun and protest. The moderators are tasked with enforcing the rules and would rather no one ever break them.

So you could become stricter and punish the rules breakers to the extent of your power, but you are also going to punish those that would have gotten a pbum with the laxer rules and have to deal with whatever that effect causes.

Or you could have stood the course and deal with the major rule breakers and the non rule breakers might think the moderators here are a joke.

I am sure its more complex than what I stated, but it seems to boil down to doing what the community would like versus trying to change the community.

You know I remember when the most disputed rule was the “No All Caps” one.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!