Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Tubs summarized the situation best with his banning DerKaiserReich. He had to trick DerKaiser into spamming the thread, which tubs stickied without kaiser’s noticing. So tell me, why would mods have to trick the user into being able to ban them? It sets a bad precedence for how even the Moderation Staff, who are supposed to be the most impartial people around, can’t ban users without exploiting loopholes. Perhaps if there was more of a checks and balances system where so many mods (say like 1/3 of them) have to agree on the banning of a user. Or, as previously suggested, bumign mods to boards or to RP/CD. The main issue with the influx of the new userbase (I have no illusions of my status either, having been here for less than a year I may be “new” but I can still be opinionated) is that their general viewpoint is suddenly important. People from, for example, 4chan could probably not tell the difference between trolling and a general joke. PhineasPoe made a joke, lying about episode 3 in a satirical way so people could tell he was joking. Trolling is outright defending a viewpoint that you don’t believe in, and stringing people into believing you. Trolling is claiming George W. Bush is the Greatest President of our generation, providing false reasons for this claim, and debasing anyone who calls out your claims by saying they are “bumhurt” or claiming they hate freedom or something idk.

The point is, the new users (4chan and ED) Have lost the inability to tell joke from troll, and as such joking is forbidden because their bums get hurt over lies that the rest of us know are false and we laugh at. This won’t change until they change or we get a better standard of rules.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!