Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

HunyrgLiekTe-
hWofl

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 17 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Vince Russo Posted:

Absolutely AGREE.

Communism gets a horrible rep because of Stalin.. who did everything against the laws and ideals set by his predecessor Lenin. Stalin killed more people than Nazi Germany and unfortunately they were mostly his own.

Lenin killed about a hundred thousand but he only killed religious leaders and such. (something I as an atheist at least understand, though it isn’t very “human” to do such)

I’d like You to be more specific on the “understand” part, because right now I’m getting a very unsettling feeling that you don’t mind killing hundreds of thousands of people if they happen to not support your point of view.

The point is even Lenin who is considered one of the greatest Communist leaders in history (Deng Xiaoping is up there as well) had many failures among his morality and could not lead his people with a pure heart.

As much as I love the idea of a true communism or even to a lesser extent anarchy (I still feel leaders need to exist), the problem is that as humanity rolls on less and less people of pure and of “strong virtue” seem to exist.

My advice: get off the internet. Seriously, no wonder you’re getting bitter thoughts about humanity if you’re reading flamewars. Also, the idea of degradation of society is probably as old as any society. The very fact that humans are still out there proves that it’s not that bad.

But that’s a sidenote. My real point is, I’m starting to get very tired of that “I Log in to see images! communism, but I understand that it’s good only in theory” crap. It’s not even good in theory. People are not ants. The happiness of an individual is not achieved through happiness of the group he/she belongs to, or at least not primarily through it. The whole concept is wrong on so many levels, I don’t know where to begin. Maybe I’ll try to make a list:

* Since the goods are supposed to be distributed equally, you can’t get any reward for working harder. Also anyone who slacks off still gets as much as anyone else. The result? People stop trying to do their best, and instead try to work as little as possible. The ethos or work, which You mentioned later in your post, is destroyed.

* But there’s more to it: You forget that people have different needs. Since EVERY good is supposed to be distributed equally, there is no logical solution to how should, for example, books be distributd if only 50% of people want to have some. Continued…

Edit: Messed up the quote tags a bit

HunyrgLiekTehWofl edited this message on 03/29/2008 3:51PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!