Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

So, continue to grind until ET ****s up again? I choose no, both for the reason that it might be a long wait, and even if it’s not, I don’t *want* to win by relying on a game designer to make a mistake.

Well, we can either encourage him to **** up more, or we can basically create a framework for this. I would suggest the following:

Currently ET thinks that there aren’t enough pieces of equipment in the clbum stores, so for now let itembuildr help fill out each store until ET determines that store has enough items.

When a store is “full” only add an item from the itembuildr co-op to that store if it replaces a current item of the same type in that store. Let ET and/or a group of trusted advisors make the call whether the new item should replace the old item, and only replace item A with item B if they’re of comparable power levels and prices. This is also a good place to cull the many, many violations of itembuildr’s “no copyrighted images” that we see run rampant, as those items should be dismissed immediately.

Otherwise, leave items in the co-op for, say, a month while the decision of “what should it replace, if anything” is made, and for items that don’t have an bumociated NPC store (e.g. special items), they just disappear into the aether after a month.

I think this would result in a reasonably active and interesting economy. It’s a start at least.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!