Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

The only tools with which I have to compete with your advantage are the same ones I had already. And you’ve got those as well. So your advantage is unbeatable. So why bother to compete?

Well… some investments are going to work out and some aren’t. Suppose the next big “invest in me item” comes out and Acid Flux, flush with success over the master balls, buys in really heavy. Then, a week later another big “stock up on me, I’m going to be worth millions” flezz item shows up, and most of Flux’s flezz is tied up in investments, so he can’t buy nearly as many, but somebody who didn’t buy so heavy into that first item can get an edge on Flux by buying more of the second item. Particularly, if the second item is strictly preferable to the first (dragon balls took a hit as an investment after the master ball showed up, after all), Flux and anybody who bought in heavily to item A could take a bath.

Honestly, the way to both make the economy work and to make the flezz peen actually acquirable by people is to fill the market with a lot of things that people want to have, but are limited in quantity in some sense. A smart investor might do reliably well with a diversified portfolio, but a ballsy investor might do even better by investing in one thing to the exclusion of anything else. Sometimes smarts will beat balls, sometimes balls will beat smarts. But if there’s some way to get rich that’s not “grind”, the game vastly improves for it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!