Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

The time shift thing seems cool, but the actual totaling process reminds me of a situation that used to come up in a CCG scoring system I judged. Due to the way things laid out individual round performance could make a far greater impact than overall performance. I think we would see the same thing here.

What I see could happen?

Day 1 dude who isn’t playing finishes 12 visits at top of loop, wins max and fav for the day, doesn’t play for rest of week

Each progressive day could see the same thing.

End of week – people who were actually playing out their loop and running visits competitively finish week jockeying for that spare lemon or choc to come out on top. We could easily see 6 way ties in multiple categories every week.

All I can see is that this would almost exclusively give power to the numbers eliminating the strategy of card purchase. Perhaps I am missing something, but it seems to me that all this does is give ultimate power to those who can “raid” at a specific time. I don’t see how it adds any balance to pistachio. How is it going to make any difference by spreading it out?

I’d still be in favor of shifting Dom end time to accommodate a wider variety of players, but really I don’t see how creating mini-rounds is going to solve some of our ongoing problems. It might be intended to make the game a more active thing, to involve people in the rush factor more than once a week, but really it is not hard to know who will set their clocks or whatever. It’s the exact same group of people that were willing to do whatever to accommodate klan raiding in order to maximize advantage.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!