Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Wylin Posted:

I don’t know why you feel this way…

Wylin Posted:

I disagree with the topic, people that don’t know anything about dom should get to post.

Do you get why people think you’re troll-baiting now?

Wylin Posted:

Nope, just a certain amount of playing in domination before they can post in domination. Lots of people get medals by accident, it’s not really that hard to get at least a few, maybe I should have had an option in the poll for 2 or 3.

I got to 3 medals by accident. Setting the bar that low lets in exactly the kind of people you originally claimed you want to keep out – people who don’t know how to play dom – because Medals aren’t directly indicative of Dom knowledge. All it would really be is a week or more delay in players getting to post in a forum. There’s a lot of variables in winning Dom medals, making it impossible to set a bar that you can’t exceed by accident but will definitely exceed quickly with dedication.

Wylin Posted:

I also like the idea because I like the concept of “unlocking” more and more as I grow at a game.

Rephrased: “I like the idea of putting hurdles in front of other players’ access as I get past the point where they would affect me.” I understand that you don’t want “lesser players” interrupting your discussions… but you’ve ignored my post here just fine so far, why can’t you just do the same in Dom discussions, instead of implementing a restriction on what everyone else sees and does?

Lester Burnham Posted:

I support no restrictions beyond what Flamebate already imposes. I disagree with your concept as I find it to be exclusionary, elitist, and based on an arbitrary factor that you personally deem important, yet has no bearing on the validity of the opinions that may be offered.

This. 100% this.

Inconnu Posted:

Yes, this is a good point, but there could be much more interesting options to implement it. I.e. making a small in-game NPC (Aquarius?) and a mission to get the first medal (involving a tutorial obviously). After completition, the Dom forum would be unlocked.

I see how this is appealing… However, does completing a tutorial of any kind really prepare a player to talk about klan-based raiding or intricacies of strategy? What Wylin started out complaining about was that players who’d never been in a raid were talking about raid tactics. Would a pre-programmed tutorial ever prep a player for discussing the tactics currently in use on Dom? Would it prepare them to talk about what Dom used to be like in the “good old days” the OP talks about?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!