Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Well, I don’t think a person necessarily needs a lot of medals to comment on a point, clarify a position, or add to a discussion. Of course, I’m biased (and a stupid newb, with too few medals).

However… since medals show up right next to the post, it should be pretty damn easy for anyone with a clue to take anything a newb says with a grain of salt. If they say something very special, you can easily go “That idiot hasn’t got the experience to understand this ****” and move on – if they say something smart, they can inform the debate and help you out. Don’t see why we’d need to be weeded out automatically when it can be more intelligently handled by the reader.

If, on the other hand, you’re concerned about the effect on polls like the one you’re posting here… LOL, you pretend numeric polls are a meaningful way of building consensus or taking the temperature of a populace. The vast majority of the polls I’ve seen online are heavily biased in phrasing, completely ignore a perfectly valid option, or otherwise invalidate themselves.

Asking “Who’s with me, here, amirite? [Yes/No]” doesn’t accomplish much. Starting a discussion is the way to go – and in a discussion, you’re perfectly welcome to weight every response by the medal count next to the post.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!